Page 2 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 8:25 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
First we'll have to clearly define the term. I've met lots of people who had total devotion to their social justice cause. It didn't pay well, and they worked almost all the time. You can count on people to volunteer for marching and shouting, and if they feel sufficiently motivated to change their situation, civil disobedience. But you have to train people to do civil disobedience in the classical sense. You have to work out the transportation to the site, and call people to confirm that they will drive and pick up other people. Someone needs to bring water, so people don't pass out on the march because they came unprepared, and on, and on and on to where it takes up most of their lives keeping the volunteers moving in the right direction.

Also, these marches don't just happen by themselves if they aim to accomplish anything. You have to write letters to representatives, have lucid people show up and testify at hearings, and build relationships with people on all sides of the issue so that you can negotiate the solution to the problem, or get the legislation passed, or whatever the social justice goal is.

If you don't think people ought to organize and do those things, then go hide in your hole and hate SJWs. Otherwise, it takes someone a little unhinged to dedicate years of their lives to changing society, and put up with all the inevitable setbacks. Who else would do it?

Some jackass shaking their finger at people on the internet? Many of the people who complain about SJWs do plenty of that.

Not all social justice activists are social justice warriors. One has to engage in the behaviors I mentioned above. One idiot shaking their fist or screaming on is not what I am talking about. I am talking about deliberate campaigns to get what they want by attempting to silence and defame those they disagree with. Gamergate from which the term "social justice warrior" emerged is still a good example.

I don't know where you read about Gamergate. Do you mean the butthurt young men were SJWs? People who made vile threats and stalked women who write about games? They wanted no debate.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 8:31 pm

http://reason.com/blog/2017/06/17/if-yo ... h-is-no-bi

There Are Four Lights!

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 2:06 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
First we'll have to clearly define the term. I've met lots of people who had total devotion to their social justice cause. It didn't pay well, and they worked almost all the time. You can count on people to volunteer for marching and shouting, and if they feel sufficiently motivated to change their situation, civil disobedience. But you have to train people to do civil disobedience in the classical sense. You have to work out the transportation to the site, and call people to confirm that they will drive and pick up other people. Someone needs to bring water, so people don't pass out on the march because they came unprepared, and on, and on and on to where it takes up most of their lives keeping the volunteers moving in the right direction.

Also, these marches don't just happen by themselves if they aim to accomplish anything. You have to write letters to representatives, have lucid people show up and testify at hearings, and build relationships with people on all sides of the issue so that you can negotiate the solution to the problem, or get the legislation passed, or whatever the social justice goal is.

If you don't think people ought to organize and do those things, then go hide in your hole and hate SJWs. Otherwise, it takes someone a little unhinged to dedicate years of their lives to changing society, and put up with all the inevitable setbacks. Who else would do it?

Some jackass shaking their finger at people on the internet? Many of the people who complain about SJWs do plenty of that.

Not all social justice activists are social justice warriors. One has to engage in the behaviors I mentioned above. One idiot shaking their fist or screaming on is not what I am talking about. I am talking about deliberate campaigns to get what they want by attempting to silence and defame those they disagree with. Gamergate from which the term "social justice warrior" emerged is still a good example.

I don't know where you read about Gamergate. Do you mean the butthurt young men were SJWs? People who made vile threats and stalked women who write about games? They wanted no debate.

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2017, 9:13 am

Shahunshah wrote:
The fact their are so many treads dedicated to smashing SJWS is kind of baffling me. Sure they aren't great but why are they posted all the around the place in such a large amount? I don't get it. Why is it the case? Do we as autistic people want to feel good by bashing those we can ridicule?

On Twitter ( and I assume other social platforms) there are a lot of autistic people who have become trolls. I know one and have read a few articles about it. It is often what happens as a way to let off steam when they otherwise can't IRL. An outlet for all of their thoughts that are simultaneously racing through their brains constantly. Some as the result of being bullied want to know what it feels like to be on the other side of the bullying. And through this they make bonds with other autistic trolls testing their intelligence within witty meme wars, an online pissing contest really, and it becomes a game. These people become their friends much like I assume some users here. Some have even landed online relationships this way with like minded individuals of the preferred gender. They feel excepted and understood... And yeah, some are just bitter and bored and are slow to develop maturity all around really but it happens. SJWs do make themselves an easy target. Im personally not into many of their beliefs but thats still no excuse Im sure. But I think it all comes down to fitting in somewhere really if you were to peel back all of the layers of an onion troll lol. Most of it is harmless.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 9:55 am

Except the SJWs aren't being bullied, they are the bullies, and all this hubbub is the result of people being fed up with them and fighting back. Oh, and nice portrayal of online autistics as pent-up, immature and frustrated trolls just out to victimize someone to feel powerful. Because that makes more sense than them actually having a point, right?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 9:57 am

For many "social justice warriors," the most descriptive adjective for them would be "self-righteous," maybe even "priggish."

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2017, 1:48 pm

XMildpetrichorX wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
The fact their are so many treads dedicated to smashing SJWS is kind of baffling me. Sure they aren't great but why are they posted all the around the place in such a large amount? I don't get it. Why is it the case? Do we as autistic people want to feel good by bashing those we can ridicule?

On Twitter ( and I assume other social platforms) there are a lot of autistic people who have become trolls. I know one and have read a few articles about it. It is often what happens as a way to let off steam when they otherwise can't IRL. An outlet for all of their thoughts that are simultaneously racing through their brains constantly. Some as the result of being bullied want to know what it feels like to be on the other side of the bullying. And through this they make bonds with other autistic trolls testing their intelligence within witty meme wars, an online pissing contest really, and it becomes a game. These people become their friends much like I assume some users here. Some have even landed online relationships this way with like minded individuals of the preferred gender. They feel excepted and understood... And yeah, some are just bitter and bored and are slow to develop maturity all around really but it happens. SJWs do make themselves an easy target. Im personally not into many of their beliefs but thats still no excuse Im sure. But I think it all comes down to fitting in somewhere really if you were to peel back all of the layers of an onion troll lol. Most of it is harmless.

No, because bullies WANT people to fight back at them.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 2:11 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

Organized vicious intimidation to try and silence opinions that were not liked were used in gamergate. The term "Social Justice Warrior" hit the masses as a result of gamergate. Before that it was an occasionally used as a neutral or positive term. Social Justice Warrors do have the reputation of bieng fragile or easily butthurt. Elements of the alt right are social justice warroirs with a different political view, another words they are a lot like what they claim to hate. A progessive leftist is all upset somebody might use the phrase "colored people" and demand a safe space from that. An alt right person is all upset they cannot stare at women in public at will anymore and troll and dox sites where this type of behavoir is opposed in an attempt to get more spaces where they can be a horndog. What is the difference?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 2:20 pm

Aaendi wrote:
No an SJW is a woman who f***s up every platonic relationship she has by accusing every male friend of being a rapist or stalker.

Bieng female is not a reqirement to be a SJW. And if she keeps her asshattery private I do not think she qualifies.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 5:56 pm

I find anti-SJWs to be so hypocritical. They complain about SJWs being conformist. Try questioning a group of anti-SJWs on the internal and you'll find that they themselves are extremely conformist.

Anti-SJWs accuse SJWs of narrative based thinking while they engage in narrative based thinking themselves. Some anti-SJWs accuse SJWs of self-victimising as they make themselves into victims.

Their claim that men are being silenced becomes harder to believe the louder they get.

They say women aren't being silenced because they're free to say what they want. It that's true then men aren't being silenced for the same reason.

It seems like the more extreme anti-SJWs are turning into male, right wing SJWs.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 6:36 pm

Overall, people nowadays are too obsessed with identity politics. I'm talking about the left and the right here.
What about billionaire lobbyists? Doesn't anyone want to take them down anymore?

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2017, 7:09 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I find anti-SJWs to be so hypocritical. They complain about SJWs being conformist. Try questioning a group of anti-SJWs on the internal and you'll find that they themselves are extremely conformist.

Anti-SJWs accuse SJWs of narrative based thinking while they engage in narrative based thinking themselves. Some anti-SJWs accuse SJWs of self-victimising as they make themselves into victims.

Their claim that men are being silenced becomes harder to believe the louder they get.

They say women aren't being silenced because they're free to say what they want. It that's true then men aren't being silenced for the same reason.

It seems like the more extreme anti-SJWs are turning into male, right wing SJWs.

Wake me up when men start making false rape accusations against women.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 7:23 pm

Aaendi wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Wake me up when men start making false rape accusations against women.
^ See what I mean about playing the victim? This is a good example folks.

Just to clarify, I'm not mocking rape accusation victims. They don't play the victim, they are victims.

But to point out that SJWs/femininists are fear mongerers and then monger fear yourself is not only hypocrisy but demonstrates an astounding lack of self-awareness.

Most women won't be raped. Most men won't be accused of rape. When SJWs talk about rape as though it's common, they're fear mongering. When MRAs talk about false rape accusations as though they're common, they're also fear mongering.

IMHO, third wave feminism and SJWs are ridiculous and MRAs, redpillers and MGTOWs are ridiculous for the same reasons.

The resemblance between these two groups is uncanny.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2017, 8:24 pm

Well I guess that's a good thing if people are finally starting to fight against SJWs instead of letting them multiply.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 8:49 pm

Aaendi wrote:
Well I guess that's a good thing if people are finally starting to fight against SJWs instead of letting them multiply.

I don't have time to break down all the problems with that one short sentence. I'll just take "finally starting to fight against SJWs" in isolation, and leave the rest for others. Most if not all the world has seen pitched battles in the streets between (and among) people for various causes with the police, the Klan, and the policeKlan, hired security thugs, and other reactionaries.

We relaxed and thought people had decided to start treating each other decently more often. It seems premature in retrospect.

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jun 2017, 6:34 am

Darmok wrote:
Did someone say screaming?

LOL!