How to get a good night's sleep before an interview

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

PSM
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jun 2017, 2:16 pm

I was just recently diagnosed with Asperger's. I suffer from anxiety. I have a job interview on Teusday and am already feeling anxious about it. I exercise regularly and take .5 mg of Clonopin 2x a day. However, I still have difficulty sleeping the night before an interview, and as a result feel and act like a zombie the next day. Does anyone have any adivice on how I can sleep the night before an interview.

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 7:29 am

If I have an appointment, or otherwise have to be somewhere at a specific time, my mind signals an alert in my brain which goes into "plan and prepare" mode. :idea:

This is great, except that my mind never turns off the alert, even after I have thoroughly planned and prepared for the event. Sometimes, my mind does not even turn off the alert after finishing the event itself! The alert makes it hard to sleep, relax, or do other work. :wall:

Sorry, I do not have any advice at this time. :(

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 1:06 pm

I don't know what else to tell you besides limit your computer/tv hours, pick out and set out your clothes, store your cell phone out of hearing and put it on silent, set your alarm clock so you're not worried about that, and wear a sleeping mask. Then let your mind go blank. Don't think of sheep. Don't think of anything but darkness. Just be still, and let it be all darkness.

One of my NT friends uses Z-quill, but I don't trust that stuff.

PSM
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2017, 7:13 am

I ended up sleeping for about 5 hours that night, which is more than I expected. Furthermore, the interview went better than I thought it would. I am still having difficulty sleeping though.