Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

What do you say re: ASS-P watching Judy Garland reruns ?
Oh, you b***h ! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ooh . Miss Thing . 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Girlfriend , let's have tea sometimes . 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Can I have some sherbet ? 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 10:04 am

Last nite , on a retro rerun TB station , I saw reruns of old black-and-white Judy Garland variety TV shows from the early 60s :? (Everybody , all together now, let's get this out of the way: " OH , YOU b***h ! " :lol: )
The shows had this odd glare tp them that I associate with old TV shows of the kinescope/telerecording era - but 1963 seems too late for a Big 3 network prime time TV show to be on kinescope . especially a show that was taped anyway , not a live show .
Right this immediate moment, I don't have time to detail this - but I wanted to get the basic introduction up.
More later.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Last edited by ASS-P on 12 Jun 2017, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 11:20 am

...Okay, here goeseth .
Most notably, jewelry and spangles on Judy, as with other female entertainers wearing them, really dark-glistened on the picture.
However, there was also this dark outline around figures sometimes * Judy, guest star Bobby Darin, and some dancers.
However, at one point, Judy had a white blown suit on, and there was a white outline. At another point, a trumpet player in the orchestra's axe really glistened dark.
I've observed in kinescopes that sometimes people's body shapes get a little bent, Plastic Man-stylr if they get caught in the camera a certain way. I didn't see that, but at one point in a number Bobby Darin moved his arm real fast, and it stopped registering on the film in a normal way, instead sort of skipping from shot to shot like flip cards, not quite the digital smearing that sometimes happens on modern programs .
Also, presuming the picture Tue was digitally remastered at some point, could that have made these effects I'm talking about here stronger ?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!