Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Dreamyshoegaze_Sam
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jun 2017, 8:58 pm

I've always been a highly sensitive person. I tend to pick up on people's emotions and I can feel when their angry, sad or stressed out. Sometimes in the end it wears off on me and their moods affect me. Anytime I do art, color in adult coloring books, listen to music that I enjoy: I feel happy. Love the art in films as well and I've always been big on anime and different kinds of movies. Tend to stay away from very violent and graphic horror movies because they make me feel uneasy. During the week I usually meditate and listen to relaxing meditation music so I can feel relaxed since I tend to deal with depression and mood swings. Nature is something I've always been fond of and I'm a animal lover and I even got upset when I saw a bug dead as I was swimming in my pool. I wouldn't even let my niece get near the pool because she got sad by all the insects that were floating around in the filter. When someone else is crying, I end up hugging them to try to make them feel better because I'm a very caring and loving person by nature. :heart:

Have lots of patience and I'm very understanding, only thing is that I'm highly sensitive and I've been told this a lot by friends and family which ends up frustrating me because sometimes others see me as being weak. Anytime I do cry, I cry alone because I don't want anyone else hurt, sad or feeling pain. If something is horribly wrong, I always in the end come to person to try to talk it out with them. I rarely fight with people though because I hate confrontation and anytime I hear screaming or yelling, I always have to leave the situation because it gives me anxiety. One thing I'm trying to work on is my social anxiety because I'm very quiet and it takes me awhile to warm up to people. People usually tell me I'm quiet, shy or awkward when I just don't know what to say or I'm deep in thought; I tend to daydream a lot because the harshness of reality depresses me a lot of the time. When something saddening on the news appears, I usually end up avoiding it because if I end up watching it I'll get depressed by it. For awhile I thought something was wrong with me and that I was weird until I've realized that I'm a highly sensitive person.

I've been working on my health, exercising and doing hobbies I enjoy so I don't get overwhelmed by things. There's times where I'm moody/angry but it only happens when blow up arguments happen or someone talks over me. For some reason it annoys me and I find it very rude. I think everyone has a right to speak their opinion and be heard. Blow up arguments get to me because I get so stressed out and their tone of their voice sometimes makes me feel very uncomfortable. In the end I blow up and I end up feeling horrible. Now I think the best solution is to get up and go inside my room for a bit until I calm down because I hate fighting so much. I know fights will happen and I can't always avoid it, but they just make me uncomfortable. Everyone has certain things that get to them and it's very reasonable. I've read this article not to long ago and yes it fits.

Highly Sensitive Person

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/26/highly-sensitive-people-signs-habits_n_4810794.html

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 6:34 pm

Dreamyshoegaze_Sam wrote:
I rarely fight with people though because I hate confrontation and anytime I hear screaming or yelling, I always have to leave the situation because it gives me anxiety.

Yeah me too, but I don't think I'm HSP. I think my dysfunctional childhood caused that.

Quote:
Everyone has certain things that get to them and it's very reasonable.

I agree.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 5:09 am

I'm a highly sensitive person, but at first the only emotions I picked up from other people was their negative emotions about me. Predictably, I've had a few breakdowns.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 6:57 pm

Dreamyshoegaze_Sam wrote:
I've always been a highly sensitive person. I tend to pick up on people's emotions and I can feel when their angry, sad or stressed out. Sometimes in the end it wears off on me and their moods affect me. Anytime I do art, color in adult coloring books, listen to music that I enjoy: I feel happy. Love the art in films as well and I've always been big on anime and different kinds of movies. Tend to stay away from very violent and graphic horror movies because they make me feel uneasy. During the week I usually meditate and listen to relaxing meditation music so I can feel relaxed since I tend to deal with depression and mood swings. Nature is something I've always been fond of and I'm a animal lover and I even got upset when I saw a bug dead as I was swimming in my pool. I wouldn't even let my niece get near the pool because she got sad by all the insects that were floating around in the filter. When someone else is crying, I end up hugging them to try to make them feel better because I'm a very caring and loving person by nature. :heart:

Have lots of patience and I'm very understanding, only thing is that I'm highly sensitive and I've been told this a lot by friends and family which ends up frustrating me because sometimes others see me as being weak. Anytime I do cry, I cry alone because I don't want anyone else hurt, sad or feeling pain. If something is horribly wrong, I always in the end come to person to try to talk it out with them. I rarely fight with people though because I hate confrontation and anytime I hear screaming or yelling, I always have to leave the situation because it gives me anxiety. One thing I'm trying to work on is my social anxiety because I'm very quiet and it takes me awhile to warm up to people. People usually tell me I'm quiet, shy or awkward when I just don't know what to say or I'm deep in thought; I tend to daydream a lot because the harshness of reality depresses me a lot of the time. When something saddening on the news appears, I usually end up avoiding it because if I end up watching it I'll get depressed by it. For awhile I thought something was wrong with me and that I was weird until I've realized that I'm a highly sensitive person.

I've been working on my health, exercising and doing hobbies I enjoy so I don't get overwhelmed by things. There's times where I'm moody/angry but it only happens when blow up arguments happen or someone talks over me. For some reason it annoys me and I find it very rude. I think everyone has a right to speak their opinion and be heard. Blow up arguments get to me because I get so stressed out and their tone of their voice sometimes makes me feel very uncomfortable. In the end I blow up and I end up feeling horrible. Now I think the best solution is to get up and go inside my room for a bit until I calm down because I hate fighting so much. I know fights will happen and I can't always avoid it, but they just make me uncomfortable. Everyone has certain things that get to them and it's very reasonable. I've read this article not to long ago and yes it fits.

Highly Sensitive Person

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/26/highly-sensitive-people-signs-habits_n_4810794.html

Yeah, 15-20% of gen. pop. are acc. to the lit.

I suspect that HSP is pos. correlated with high IQ...but idk.

The Psych.s try to spin HSP as being a good thing, but imo it only brings terrible suffering to the HSP. :(

Plus our society openly despises HSP traits.

The Normals will never even try to understand.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 8:58 pm

The Psych.s try to spin HSP as being a good thing, but imo it only brings terrible suffering to the HSP. :(

precisely. and what is the opposite of "Highly Sensitive Person", a psychopath? calloused?

:| insensitive :mrgreen:

:ninja:

and besides, if it ain't within your control, why should and how can you worry about it anyways?

"Highly Sensitive Person" is just a label. regardless of whether or not you fit the description. it's just a method of classification.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 5:36 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

precisely. and what is the opposite of "Highly Sensitive Person", a psychopath? calloused?

:| insensitive :mrgreen:

:ninja:

and besides, if it ain't within your control, why should and how can you worry about it anyways?

"Highly Sensitive Person" is just a label. regardless of whether or not you fit the description. it's just a method of classification.

true that :)