Job Poll A. Is your job OK, awesome, or terrible?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

How do you feel about your job?
My job is OK. I'm OK with it. 47%  47%  [ 9 ]
My job is awesome. I love it. 32%  32%  [ 6 ]
My job is terrible. I hate it. 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 19

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 11:43 am

A poll for those who have jobs. Feel free to leave a comment.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 5:25 pm

Self Employed, what's not to like? If I don't want to do something, I don't or charge you extra for it.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jun 2017, 5:56 am

It's just OK, pays the bills, it's part-time and I'm just kinda locked away in a dispensary assembling medication packs for old & disabled people, so... not much human contact apart from work colleagues, but they're mostly ok too. Now I don't pick up the phone that much either (too busy), so that's a bonus. I almost make no errors, handle a giant workload and people think I'm very good at what I'm doing, so I get some positivity coming from their side.

It's just badly paid, no training opportunities, some stupid holiday time policies, we're short-staffed often... so that lowers the score to just, meh, OK. Plus, it can be automated easily, so I guess I'll have to retrain at some point.

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jun 2017, 6:11 am

I haven't voted because I'm somewhere between it being "okay" and "terrible". I *think* I do enjoy my job and that it is okay. I quite loke the vast majority of people but I find the environment and the circumstances I have to work in terrible. So that kind of makes me dread going into work more often than not. The environment is quite unpredictable, noisy and chaotic. We are often short staffed and constantly interrupted, have to mentor students and I just feel like I never quite know where I'm at. It's predominantly shift work which means 13 hour shifts during weekdays, weekends and nights and there is never any rhyme or reason to the shift patterns. No day is ever the same and I never know where I'll be working or what I'll be doing. I feel myself getting stressed out just typing it all out. Argh! Maybe it is terrible....I just don't know!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 7:05 am

It's a clerical job. I'm retiring in 5 years. It's okay.

MissxVenomxPoison
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jun 2017, 11:25 pm

I would love my job if I could work up front and then my coworker (who I am madly in love with) would start noticing and talking to me a bit more. I am never gonna have a chance with him if I'm just cleaning up tables and doing dishes. He usually talks more to the people up front.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 3:04 pm

Hmmm...do you think he'd be interested in seeing a movie with you (and another couple co-workers if you're not comfortable asking him out on an obvious date)?

Getting to know him outside of work might be a solution.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 7:50 pm

It may be a little too soon to vote...as I've only been there two days, its called Bad Daddy's Burger Bar but so far it is pretty awesome. I like the environment and I think a lot of the people seem pretty cool definitely all the management people, though I haven't done much socializing yet, obviously having aspergers that is not my strong point but over time of getting better acquainted with co-workers I'll be able to talk to them more.

Maybe at some point I will bring up the aspergers to a management person, like if they wonder why I seem quiet or a bit odd or anything but for now I think I'll just see how things go. Also though they don't require it I might get some hair nets to wear under my hat because I have dreads and that would help protect them as well as prevent any loose hairs from falling out. But yeah especially since some of the cleaning I will be doing involves bleach and some other chemical cleaners which I'd prefer not to have around my uncovered hair as with dreads you don't wash it every day.