How important is appearance to you romantically and why?

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 8:06 pm

Ok, it's been a long night..
Someone brought this topic to my attention in PM's..and I responded with my views.
I won't change those views, but I just realised this is the women's forum.
Just so you know I didn't decide to pick posting in here of my volition (although there's nothing wrong with a guy posting in here..). I choose not to read or post here generally. I don't like to go against my own codes.. 8O so you're free to scrutinise my statements but I'm incredibly unlikely to respond to any comments.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 8:17 pm

I've always welcomed responses, and try to take a balanced approach. It's unfortunate that a thread discussing such personal topics is being broadcasted in this way to score a trivial point.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 8:27 pm

Yeah. It would seem my viewpoint on it was exploited by another user for their own bias to be confirmed.
Carry on. If you value personality over appearance as a defining factor good for you.

I will continue to hold judgement on that based on my experiences with others and to a degree, my own thinking, but carry on.

adorkablegeekgirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jul 2017, 8:32 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
Yeah. It would seem my viewpoint on it was exploited by another user for their own bias to be confirmed.
Carry on. If you value personality over appearance as a defining factor good for you.

I will continue to hold judgement on that based on my experiences with others and to a degree, my own thinking, but carry on.

Well you're just as welcome to your opinion and preferences as anyone else. I'm sorry if my reply came across as rude, just trying to explain how it is for me. Obviously I cannot speak for you, or the people you've had experiences with, or anyone else.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 8:37 pm

adorkablegeekgirl wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
With no disrespect to the people posting, either they have a low set of standards or they are trying to say what people think sounds nice. I as an asexual develop romantic feelings as a big draw but even a level of ejoying aesthetics exists with in me. This all just sounds like drivel to appease the masses of the forum.

I'm glad people have found partners that suit them, but let's not be coy. We would not pick someone we are unattracted to because we share the same opinion about politics or star wars.

I wouldn't say "low standards" so much as a practical world view that you are never going to find the perfect person, because they simply don't exist. With that in mind, I consider that I would much prefer to be with someone average looking who I feel safe and comfortable with than an as*hole with a nice body. It's called having priorities. Just because yours are different doesn't mean everyone else is incorrect. :wink:

IDK I think I have found the perfect person...you may not find what mainstream society envisions as the perfect person, but you can find the perfect person for you.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 2:52 pm

Locked by request.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)