Am really tired of my defective body

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 9:01 pm

I am so tired of my defective body. It's like a defective lemon car that constantly breaks down and spends more time being towed or in a mechanic's shop than it does on the road. I am sick every single day. I itch head to toe everyday like I have a perpetual case of chicken pocks. It's so bad that without tons of antihistamines I feel like I am being stung by a swarm of bees at 3 to 5 second intervals all day long, every single day since late November of last year.

My digestive system had completely ceased to function and I haven't been able to have a solid piece of food in over 2 years now. Every day I have debilitating gut aches and spend hours on the toilet. I am perpetually nauseous everyday, and each meal I have to consume lots of cannabis just to prevent me from vomiting everything back up.

I am also chronically exhausted and cognitively impaired by a rare genetic bone and neurological disease that I've had since I was 3 months of age and that has no treatment or cure.

Every so many months something else goes wrong with this piece of s**t body and another automatic life sentence is tacked on and my quality of life sinks to a new low.

I really f*****g hate my life, am depressed and think of suicide on a daily basis lately. :(

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jun 2017, 11:49 pm

This might be something simple you have considered. But what is your diet like? Have you ever thought that might improve your health?

I am sure someone would miss you if you killed yourself. And the mind is a powerful organ. Sometimes if you believe you are sick you are. Be positive and BELIEVE you will be healthy. It sounds simple and stupid maybe but you might be surprised.

At the least I bet a doctor could get you some medication. But you probably have tried that. I don't know hope you feel better. :D

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 8:06 am

I've been like this.
I won't bore you with a laundry list of my own weird health complaints because it's really too ridiculous - suffice to say I know what it's like to be ill all the time, not able to trust your body, constantly putting out fires. I was doing this today, as a matter of fact, with an ophthalmologist explaining the differences in rejection between organic and synthetic corneas. And did it all with the flu!
All I can suggest is to attack this, consistently, relentlessly, persistently. Don't take "no, there's nothing we can do for you," as any kind of answer, ever.
If I had, I'd be dead without a doubt right now. Do your own research, test and try different methods, and most importantly find a good GP who is willing to work with you to really get to the bottom of what is going on, and how to treat it. With the GI issues for example - is it just autistic standard, or is there something else to pursue? Have you been tested for allergies? Tried exclusion diets, or other gut focused medications, such as those for nausea or reflux?
I'd recommend systematically addressing all your issues in a methodical way. Don't just let them fob you off and you end up suffering. They did that to me until I did my own research, and ordered them to proceed with my wishes, finding a surgeon who would on my own.
You may never get your health perfect if you're someone with a lot of issues, but with the right treatments I believe anyone can improve theirs a lot. Even with genetic abnormalities (as I have those, too).
Improvement is possible. :)

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 10:42 pm

wish I could take your pain and discomfort away.

a hug to you, Noca.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 12:41 am

Noca wrote:
I am so tired of my defective body. It's like a defective lemon car that constantly breaks down and spends more time being towed or in a mechanic's shop than it does on the road. I am sick every single day. I itch head to toe everyday like I have a perpetual case of chicken pocks. It's so bad that without tons of antihistamines I feel like I am being stung by a swarm of bees at 3 to 5 second intervals all day long, every single day since late November of last year.

My digestive system had completely ceased to function and I haven't been able to have a solid piece of food in over 2 years now. Every day I have debilitating gut aches and spend hours on the toilet. I am perpetually nauseous everyday, and each meal I have to consume lots of cannabis just to prevent me from vomiting everything back up.

I am also chronically exhausted and cognitively impaired by a rare genetic bone and neurological disease that I've had since I was 3 months of age and that has no treatment or cure.

Every so many months something else goes wrong with this piece of s**t body and another automatic life sentence is tacked on and my quality of life sinks to a new low.

I really f*****g hate my life, am depressed and think of suicide on a daily basis lately. :(

I can relate to the major theme of what you are saying.....it is a grinding nightmare...i feel compassion toward you...i know that doesn't help but i thought i'd tell you anyway

I hope somehow you can find some relief.

Peace.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 1:17 am

Have you looked into diet things, could be you're intolerant to some of the food you eat. Like I have not drank milk or ate much dairy for like two years and when I try to have milk or yogurt it makes me feel a little sick in the stomach. I mean I can eat cheese ok but any other dairy product has been giving me digestive issues. Also I get nauseous if I overheat...which easily happens to me as I am heat sensitive. But yeah I mean I have tons of random issues with my body that can be frusterating...like I've passed out from standing still and not having eaten soon enough and stupid random things like that.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:23 pm

I've cried for 3 days straight. I can honestly say I have reached an all time low. My physical health continues it's path of bottomless freefall as it has for years now. My worsening nausea got to the point of not being able to eat anything but juice and gingerale. I am literally wasting away.

I've got to the point where I couldn't swallow my meds without vomiting. I called up my GI doctor and told them this, and asked them how should I proceed and they honestly didnt give a s**t. Not even an offer of any anti emetics, NOTHING, literally absolutely nothing. I went to some afterhours clinic just to get some Zofran at $44 for 5 pills which isnt gonna last long. I will probably need a feeding tube and honestly I'd rather die.

I have strong suspicions that I have a rare autoimmune disease which runs in my family(4 family members so far have it) and spoke at length with my aunt who has this god awful disease and I have been showing all the signs for about a year now.

The doctors have basically pissed away the last 4 years and have very little to show for it. I have begged and pleaded for them to develop a sense of urgency but they just dont give a f**k. I warned my doctors about 8 months ago that my digestive system would continue to deterioate and eventually I would be unable to eat anything without vomitting and being in agony, but instead of getting of their ass they just wasted the time bickering and each one of them saying its another doctors job, in an endless sick game of musical f*****g chairs. I am not sure it would have made a difference in the end but I guess I'll never know.

My body has gone haywire and reacts to everything. I have tried an absurd number of treatments and diets and all I ever do is watch helplessly as my body deteriorates. It is so beyond, beyond f****d. :(

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 9:44 am

(((Noca)))

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 12:31 am

Much love to you, Noca.

Can relate to the dgaf attitude of doctors.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:45 am

I finally found a psychiatrist who had a heart, wasn't a sociopath and heard my cry for help. She found me a bed(free) in the best of the best state of the art psych hospital in the entire country. Hopefully they can help me figure this s**t out because I am at the absolute end of my rope.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:56 am

^ That's good I guess, but are you getting any medical help? I was under the impression your problem was physical, not psychological.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 2:02 pm

I've been away for a while - I know you've struggled with all this stuff for years, and have tried everything imaginable, but I've never seen you this down. Sorry it's gotten so unbearable lately - I hope the inpatient care will be helpful!

slave
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 6:45 pm

Noca wrote:
I finally found a psychiatrist who had a heart, wasn't a sociopath and heard my cry for help. She found me a bed(free) in the best of the best state of the art psych hospital in the entire country. Hopefully they can help me figure this s**t out because I am at the absolute end of my rope.

I'm very pleased to hear of this development.
I, too, got the impression that your malady was chiefly physical.
In any case, I hope this admission leads to correct dx and tx.
Peace. :)

Pls feel free to update us from hosp., I'm sure we'd all be glad to hear from you. :D

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 7:07 pm

C2V wrote:
^ That's good I guess, but are you getting any medical help? I was under the impression your problem was physical, not psychological.

It is both really. It is a really complicated mess. I'm on the ward now, am so lost. Its a weekend and there isnt much going on till Monday. Apparently the working theory is a large portion is a serious somatic disorder where mental stress causes physical symptoms which in turn cause more stress in a positive feedback cycle which is why my illnesses never responded to treatment and didnt follow any natural disease progression. There is a mix of real illnesses and those caused by a decade worth of stress. Both feed off each other. Somatic illnesses can present in many forms and even cause seizures in some patients, apparently the mind body link to many systems in the body is so strong that this can happen.

Regardless I am not really sure what it means for treatments. The urinary, allergic symptoms, nausea/vomiting, the severity of my IBS, bruxism, can all be triggered by the mind. I am not really sure where the line between real symptoms and those somatic begin and end. Regardless somatic or not, the patient experiences them just as real as any other symptom.

It's all I got to work with at this point. Not great, but that's all I got.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 3:51 am

Noca wrote:
C2V wrote:

It is both really. It is a really complicated mess. I'm on the ward now, am so lost. Its a weekend and there isnt much going on till Monday. Apparently the working theory is a large portion is a serious somatic disorder where mental stress causes physical symptoms which in turn cause more stress in a positive feedback cycle which is why my illnesses never responded to treatment and didnt follow any natural disease progression. There is a mix of real illnesses and those caused by a decade worth of stress. Both feed off each other. Somatic illnesses can present in many forms and even cause seizures in some patients, apparently the mind body link to many systems in the body is so strong that this can happen.

Regardless I am not really sure what it means for treatments. The urinary, allergic symptoms, nausea/vomiting, the severity of my IBS, bruxism, can all be triggered by the mind. I am not really sure where the line between real symptoms and those somatic begin and end. Regardless somatic or not, the patient experiences them just as real as any other symptom.

does alexithymia play a role?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 9:04 am

slave wrote:
Noca wrote:
C2V wrote:

does alexithymia play a role?

I don't think alexithymia is an issue with me. I can describe how I feel pretty clearly using analogies. There are only some issues related to autism and executive functioning that I am unable to express in words.

Some of the nausea is getting better with treatment and I've been eating a limited diet of solid food for the past week after having none for 2 years straight.

I see an entire team of doctors, a psychiatrist, psychologists, social workers, psych nurses throughout the week including a pretty cool psychiatrist daily. They started me on Anafranil too(anti depressant #12) and upped my Clonazepam dose. They are helping me work through my fears and sort s**t out. Only thing that hasn't responded is my allergic symptoms.

My IBS isnt as painful when my stress and anxiety is in check though I still have chronic diarhhea that I am just going to have to radically accept. The dietician here is taking care of figuring out what I should eat and I basically am having a break from having to solve and cope with all my problems.

In the past week I've had more exercise and socializing with patients than I have in the last 12 months.

I haven't felt suicidal today either. :D