"It's easier to find a job when you have a job"

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LookWhoItIs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jun 2017, 10:13 pm

If that's the case, why am I having no luck finding a job? I have two jobs- a full-time one and a part-time one-but I've worked at both for several years without getting a raise at either...with minimal benefits. There is also virtually no advancement potential. I have been looking for something else for over a year now. I have only gotten three interviews during that time, and two of them were sales jobs. The third was for something I didn't even apply for, but I got through a recommendation....they turned me down in any case.

It just seems like I should be getting more interviews....I only apply for jobs for which I am qualified. Any other Aspies have a hard time getting interviews? Does getting them require networking rather than just applying on-line?

LookWhoItIs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jul 2017, 10:39 pm

Bump....anyone?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 2:04 am

i got my first two jobs through networking, and while they most likely weren't on the same 'scope' as yours is, i'd still say that it's critical. :P

getting interviews is a right pain, so many things to think about before, during...even after it.

am i dressed right?

when do i look him in the eye?

did i shake his hand do softly?

what should i ask HIM?

IMO interviews can be a real bottleneck for people who, may not be most comfortable in that specific interview setting, but will excel at the actual job regardless....

how do you contact your prospective employers? it's tricky to maintain that important balance of conveying your sustained interest while at the same time, not being too obsessive or bothersome.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.