Each Transformers Movie Attracts Me in Different Ways

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 6:35 am

Despite these movies getting worse and worse there is always something that attracts me to them when they come out. The first was the first. It made sense, something like this has never been done before and it looked awesome and it was, sort of. I mean the story and characters were bad but it was a fun popcorn flick I always enjoy to watch. Obviously because it was fun it made sense to get excited for the sequel but it turned out to be a complete big mess. Even Michael Bay himself said it sucked and it was due to a writers strike that was going on. I can't remember what it was about the third. I guess it was a couple of things. The late Mr Spock as Optimus Prime's mentor, Shockwave, the fact that this was the third and we were willing to give Bay another chance. While it wasn't as bad as the last it was still long and overblown filled with a lot of annoyances. What attracted me to the fourth one was that the original cast members were replaced and I thought Mark Wahlberg would be better than Shia Lebeouf and the Dinobots. But well it was so long and the Dinobots were hardly in it. As for the fifth one, honestly I don't think anything attracted me to it. I mean it didn't feel like anything new was attached to it, it just felt like another Transformers movie. I mean I guess the Optimus vs Bumblebee scene was a little interesting but that's only because it reminded me of Captain America: Civil War. I will say the one interesting thing about this movie if Michael Bay was actually telling the truth is that the running time won't be as long as the last three movies, so I guess we won't suffer too much. Honestly I'm a little more interested in the Bumblebee spin off. Only because the director is the same guy who gave us Kubo and the Two Strings.