Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

rcsf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2017, 7:00 am

I've been on Phenibut for 3 months now and really realize a significant improvement on my anxiety and depression. Although an addictive substance with quickly-developing tolerance and withdrawal, Phenibut is making me very good. I usually take 500-750mg twice a week. (note: Phenibut is a molecule of GABA with the additive phenyl ring, it's very similar to Gabapentin, Pregabalin and Baclofen.)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 11:39 pm

I have & unfortunately American hospitals really look down on it, which to me shows they're not really examining the way it acts on our particular minds. I found it nice as a point of reference for how calm I can stay within mine.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

rcsf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2017, 3:19 pm

I have to agree with you. Most of the medicine and psychiatry misunderstand the best way to help us with our peculiar problems. To me, they want to make businesses above the care to people's health. It's not because it's a russian creation it be useless. In my mind, they should study deeply the exactly way how these things work.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 5:07 am

My ex was on phenibut and gave me some years ago and it worked, but it doesn't work as well as the first dose you ever take after that. You need more and more for the same effect. And my ex gave my friend some and she totally freaked out because she took it before bed and woke up in a strange position feeling strangely peaceful. She said, "I don't know much about that man you're with but he's really, really smart. Be careful." LOL.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 6:08 pm

BE CAREFUL. PHENIBUT IS NOT TO BE TOYED WITH.

Seriously, I like it and I've gotten benefits from it, but it's also highly addictive, and withdrawals can be horrible. Mine have mostly just been rebound anxiety and feelings of depression, but I've also heard of people having seizures and all sorts of other nasty stuff.

I don't really use it anymore, partly because I have a prescription for gabapentin, which is similar but at least medically recognized. I feel like I like phenibut's effects better, but that's because I've never taken a dose of gabapentin beyond what I've been prescribed.

Another thing, don't combine it with alcohol. Even though I've done this on many occasions, I've learned that it can actually be quite dangerous, even lethal, and I am lucky to have survived doing it. https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments ... k_to_life/ <--- The dose of phenibut + alcohol that this guy took is similar to what I've done on many occasions. Reading this actually scared me away from using phenibut.

Here's a list of other adverse events that have occurred from phenibut use:
https://www.reddit.com/r/phenibut/comme ... ents_list/

For good measure, here's the sidebar text from /r/phenibut:

Quote:
WARNING:

Not respecting phenibut can land you in phenibut hell. (Severe anxiety, panic, suicidal thoughts, psychotic behavior, seizures, nausea, vomiting, etc)

Going off phenibut cold turkey from a dependent state can cause severe and potentially life-threatening withdrawal symptoms.

Do not mix phenibut with alcohol. Tolerance fluctuates and what may have been safe one day may not be safe the next.

Unless you are already dependent, do not take more than 1500 mg in a single day and do not take more than 750 mg in a six hour period.

Phenibut has a long onset period, so you need to give it several hours to take effect. Wait at least 6 hours before redosing.

If you're using phenibut powder you need a scale for proper measurement. The scoops that come with many products are for transferring powder, not measurement. The amount of powder contained in a scoop can vary wildly. If you pack the powder you may be getting several times more than what the scoop says and similarly if the powder is especially fluffy in one area you may be getting several times less. The scoops are not for measurement.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 7:38 pm

Ooooooh, don't mix it with alcohol... my ex is so dead. He takes, or took, phenibut with alcohol (and his meds) and thought he was so smart. And what with the other rules you mention too, it's more evidence he was a real know-it-all.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 7:51 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
Ooooooh, don't mix it with alcohol... my ex is so dead. He takes, or took, phenibut with alcohol (and his meds) and thought he was so smart. And what with the other rules you mention too, it's more evidence he was a real know-it-all.

Sorry to hear about that , that's sad

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 8:12 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:

I'm not dead. I also don't mix drugs.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 8:25 pm

For that matter this is why I don't want or trust a prescription nor supply of any of these things.

I've been on plenty of equally or more dangerous drugs than Phenibut & the most obvious thing I can point out to any of you is that you don't want any of these in your system without being able to relate to synthesized drugs individually. I took a look & stick to the organic now.

Today I'm tense & anxious & tired. That's habitual nonsense knocking me sideways from some chemicals I don't even have time to study that you can find in your phone battery, required meals for unlocking a room after 21 days so I could defrost a few hard disks, so I hope I can conclude some journals here for today.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 9:55 pm

Yes, I knew it was you since yesterday. And you took your meds and would stir yourself up a concoction of phenibut, aniracetam, choline, piracetam, l-theanine, etc. Remember? Then you started drinking a moderate amount of beer. You smoked, of course, too (cigarettes, but still).

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 11:59 am

I don't do that. Haven't done that, not doing that.

I guess everybody thinks I started Erowid now too but that's forgiven.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 12:52 pm

What I don't think people are grasping is that drugs affect people individually & communally. Do I want to take any of these drugs? No but I'd be ignorant towards myself for not contending with my own questions on the matter. When you EVER talk about any psych diagnosis, many people will likely harass you into taking drugs. They are not mandatory.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 1:43 am

What changed your opinion? You sure seemed to think it was mandatory for me to take mine and "Larsy" to take his.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 2:04 am

I think everyone should establish positive routines but that does not mean forgetting the ways others help.

*edits*
I'm just using herbs & natural medicines rather than subjecting anyone but me to excess brain fog.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 2:12 am

Are you an impostor? I just emailed the real guy you are pretending to be and he's saying you are an impostor, and he seems quite in his right mind, not at all word salad like you. He's checking your account out now.

lorknozzel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2017, 3:52 pm

I've been using it for a few years with some breaks when I couldn't afford it. I use 200mg-300mg once daily and it does help with social anxiety and relaxation, I usually take it about an hour before leaving the house in the morning. I haven't had any problems with the low daily dose and have never experience withdrawal symptoms when I've suddenly stopped. It shouldn't be used with calcium channel blockers, baclofen, or anything else that interacts with gaba receptors for that matter.

I would discuss it with your doctor if you take any meds for nerve pain, convulsions, seizures, depression , etc. If they aren't familiar with it tell them baclofen is a phenibut analog and it would have similar interactions. I have never taken large doses, over 300mg, but have found that it takes effect much more quickly if added to a bottle of a sports drink like gatorade. If you take the powder or crystalline form of phenibut hcl I would suggest trying the f.a.a. (free amino acid) form, it costs more but doesn't have the acidic taste and for me it seems slightly more effective.

That's my two cents worth, your mileage may vary ;)