Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lorknozzel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2017, 3:52 pm

I've been using it for a few years with some breaks when I couldn't afford it. I use 200mg-300mg once daily and it does help with social anxiety and relaxation, I usually take it about an hour before leaving the house in the morning. I haven't had any problems with the low daily dose and have never experience withdrawal symptoms when I've suddenly stopped. It shouldn't be used with calcium channel blockers, baclofen, or anything else that interacts with gaba receptors for that matter.

I would discuss it with your doctor if you take any meds for nerve pain, convulsions, seizures, depression , etc. If they aren't familiar with it tell them baclofen is a phenibut analog and it would have similar interactions. I have never taken large doses, over 300mg, but have found that it takes effect much more quickly if added to a bottle of a sports drink like gatorade. If you take the powder or crystalline form of phenibut hcl I would suggest trying the f.a.a. (free amino acid) form, it costs more but doesn't have the acidic taste and for me it seems slightly more effective.

That's my two cents worth, your mileage may vary ;)

rcsf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Mar 2019, 11:20 pm

Hi, there. It has been a quite time since. So yeah, it's a substance you have to use with caution, because it can cause interactions and nasty withdrawals as well as quick tolerance. I now in 2019 still taking it, but once in a while, because it had some unpleasant side effects to me (a lot of dangerous weight gain, mood swings and somewhat impulsivity). But sometimes it's one of the best substances I have ever take.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 12:54 am

Recently I was committed to a psych hospital, and while I was there they took me off most of my medications, including gabapentin. I'm thinking of talking to my doctor about going back on it. If that doesn't work out for some reason, I'm planning on ordering some phenibut once I have the money for it. I haven't used phenibut in over a year and I really miss it.

rcsf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2019, 9:26 pm

I consider phenibut to be an amazing occasional life-saver, never took gabapentin although. I find phenibut to improve my verbal fluency and some cognitive aspects. I have recently been diagnosed with bipolar II with borderline/adhd and I'm currently taking lamotrigine now which helped with other cognition, but made my word-finding very bad so on it. I don't found they interact each other in a considerable way, but phen doesn't cause the same euphoria as before on it, and can be more sedating at times. Gold for anxiety, but bad to your weight.

rcsf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2019, 6:43 am

lorknozzel wrote:
I've been using it for a few years with some breaks when I couldn't afford it. I use 200mg-300mg once daily and it does help with social anxiety and relaxation, I usually take it about an hour before leaving the house in the morning. I haven't had any problems with the low daily dose and have never experience withdrawal symptoms when I've suddenly stopped. It shouldn't be used with calcium channel blockers, baclofen, or anything else that interacts with gaba receptors for that matter.

I would discuss it with your doctor if you take any meds for nerve pain, convulsions, seizures, depression , etc. If they aren't familiar with it tell them baclofen is a phenibut analog and it would have similar interactions. I have never taken large doses, over 300mg, but have found that it takes effect much more quickly if added to a bottle of a sports drink like gatorade. If you take the powder or crystalline form of phenibut hcl I would suggest trying the f.a.a. (free amino acid) form, it costs more but doesn't have the acidic taste and for me it seems slightly more effective.

That's my two cents worth, your mileage may vary ;)

Yeah, the limitation is where I live can't the F.A.A. form one, only found the Hcl, but for sure F.A.A. is more effective/pure/better-absorveability. I have read that cause less hungry feeling and appetite, too. Hcl is very very acid nasty taste. I said to my doctor I take phenibut as I started taking lamotrigine, I guess he doesn't aware what and how phenibut is and works. Maybe I will have to explain him.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2019, 7:14 am

I just googled Phenibut to see if it's prescribed in the UK and most of the hits I got were of it being misused. I didn't realise it's not approved for clinical use in the United States and most of Europe. f**k that then , I'd rather take amphetamines , I knew where I was with them.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2019, 7:43 am

SaveFerris wrote:
I just googled Phenibut to see if it's prescribed in the UK and most of the hits I got were of it being misused. I didn't realise it's not approved for clinical use in the United States and most of Europe. f**k that then , I'd rather take amphetamines , I knew where I was with them.

Comparing phenibut to amphetamines is almost like comparing apples and oranges. I say "almost" because while they are from two different classes of drugs, I've heard that phenibut has an effect on dopamine, which amphetamines do as well. I remember one point where I felt so good on phenibut that it was like how people describe a cocaine high. Not that I recommend anyone use phenibut or cocaine though...

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 5:36 am

I wasn't comparing them as such , I was stating my preference as I know a lot more about amphetamines and little to nothing about Phenibut. And I wouldn't recommend amphetamines to anyone either as the downsides outweigh the good.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard