Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Moronerd
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jun 2017, 5:16 pm

It's like I'm cursed. Everytime I join a guild, it takes a turn and within a few months to a year the thing dissolves. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the common denominator in the dissolution of these guilds (which were composed of a great group of people, but the leaders just unexpectedly abandon the guild after having run it for years.). It's gotten to the point where I'm reluctant to even socialize in games. Not a serious problem, really, just an annoyance that I can't enjoy the game while playing with others, without wondering if everyone I meet will soon go poof. But I guess that's always been a reality of online interactions.

Does anyone else notice this phenomenon in their online gaming? I'm almost morbidly curious if I join a well established decades old guild, if it will survive my membership. 8O

Maybe I should put this theory to the test, in the name of science!

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 12:50 am

I was in a pretty tight-knit guild that collapsed after a handful of players started cheating and evidence leaked out. Our guild leaders tried to cover it up, but that only worked for a little while. Eventually, no one wanted to play with anyone in our guild and people started quitting and losing touch as a result.

I'm still disappointed that people prioritized video game loot. The friendships I was making back then are still going... I wonder if they enjoy their prizes as much as I enjoy my friends.

Realistically, one person shouldn't make the difference. But I understand how easy it is to just wonder sometimes. We don't control other people's drama, choices, or real-life circumstances that might pull them away from a game or a guild.

Running a guild is a lot of work, so I wouldn't be surprised if people who were just unprepared can't handle it after a while. Can always talk to people you've been getting to know outside of the guild, too.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 11:09 am

I have a hard time believing that it ever happened solely because of you. If anything, I'd name people's personal real-life circumstances as more likely factors contributing to it. Either that or they simply got bored and stopped playing.

Moronerd

16 Jun 2017, 3:27 pm

Yeah, you're right. That's just me being a little self-absorbed and silly, I suppose.

I'll give another guild a try for once, in any event. Guilds fall apart all the time for a variety of reasons. It's just a game, afterall, and nobody really is put out because of a guild being disbanded.