Please help me get my old school records.

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 12:51 am

I am asking - begging, really, in a sense :( - for some WP-er to help me find my records from high school, my grades and my SAT texts and any other test scores/records from that era (Also, my real odds from my half-assed attempt to go to communicate it's college about that period - Although that should be easy to find - During that period I would come home to my mother drunkenly screaming at me. Ran ran rah great college life. :cry: )
I absolutely have to have those records if I want to, eventually, go to " standard four-year " residential university (uni) before I die :cry: , first going to community college/similar (cc) to build up credits
/experience to get into uni from there - So you do not need to lecture me about the necessity of paying my dues/working my way up to university, I acknowledge.
I have experienced years of contempt/something like hatred from my High School Alma Mater when I tried to apply to colleges, they simply don't send the records.
I know they still exist, I've gotten some. I just want copies of them myself so that I may send them to a cc I apply to , and never have to deal with my HSMM again. It is absolutely impossible to get into a school without those records. It cannot be done, period. I have to have those records.
If some WP-er good at the phones and letters would just dig them up for me, that hurdle would be over then. Please.
Of someone is willing to do it, please PM Mr and I will give you all the details and names. Please, no-one respond to me and tell me to take GED classes - I have an adequate HS diploma already, I just want what pertains to that - and don't tell me about your grandma taking non-credit course/sitting in, I want real, for-credit, courses.
I have considered suicide over this. All I need is my HSAM and related records, then I may proceed from there.
Please :( .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 1:17 am

ASS-P wrote:
I am asking - begging, really, in a sense :( - for some WP-er to help me find my records from high school, my grades and my SAT texts and any other test scores/records from that era (Also, my real odds from my half-assed attempt to go to communicate it's college about that period - Although that should be easy to find - During that period I would come home to my mother drunkenly screaming at me. Ran ran rah great college life. :cry: )
I absolutely have to have those records if I want to, eventually, go to " standard four-year " residential university (uni) before I die :cry: , first going to community college/similar (cc) to build up credits
/experience to get into uni from there - So you do not need to lecture me about the necessity of paying my dues/working my way up to university, I acknowledge.
I have experienced years of contempt/something like hatred from my High School Alma Mater when I tried to apply to colleges, they simply don't send the records.
I know they still exist, I've gotten some. I just want copies of them myself so that I may send them to a cc I apply to , and never have to deal with my HSMM again. It is absolutely impossible to get into a school without those records. It cannot be done, period. I have to have those records.
If some WP-er good at the phones and letters would just dig them up for me, that hurdle would be over then. Please.
Of someone is willing to do it, please PM Mr and I will give you all the details and names. Please, no-one respond to me and tell me to take GED classes - I have an adequate HS diploma already, I just want what pertains to that - and don't tell me about your grandma taking non-credit course/sitting in, I want real, for-credit, courses.
I have considered suicide over this. All I need is my HSAM and related records, then I may proceed from there.
Please :( .

I've never heard of a community college wanting high school transcripts. Universities will when you transfer to limit their pool of applicants, but community colleges tend to not care about those things. Nevertheless, to get a copy of your high school transcripts, you usually go to the school district website and search for and select the "order transcripts" option.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Jun 2017, 6:18 am

In my experience, schools etc. will not send records to me at all. They will send readily to any other educational institution or doctor, with my signed permission on their form.

I'm talking of years searching my own records. Would they show them to me? Never! But some authority with my signed permission? Yep.

So I was delayed while I got an application or file opened at the place where I wanted my records to go, because I have to put that on the Request.

Good luck!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 8:39 am

...I know that I have repeatedly applied to colleges only to have my HSAM, who I hate so much :( , not follow through, not send my full records.
I don't think that " you don't need records " is true. Even if it literally is for someone whose situation is " normal " , my situation is not that, and I am marginal to society and cut off as well. I HAVE tried in the past and the HSAM won't follow through.
PLEASE, can't somebody help me? I beg of you! :cry:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 8:51 am

Have you tried the county school district?

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 10:34 am

OK, well here's what getting hold of your SAT scores will entail, from their own site. I'm not sure how much help that will be with a note about them being that they may not be valid anymore and possibly a note about how they changed their scoring system since then (de[ending on how long ago you took them).

Quote:
Older Score Reports
Some older score reports include special notes or indicators:

Official score reports sent to colleges five or more years after a test date are accompanied by a message explaining that they may be less valid predictors of college academic performance than more recent scores.

Scores for tests taken on or after April 1, 1995, are reported on a recentered scale. An "R" next to your scores indicates this.

How to Request Old Scores
There is a score reporting fee for each report, plus an additional retrieval fee for processing archived scores.

View fees

By Mail
Complete each section of the archived score report order form (.pdf/1.02MB). Send your completed form and payment to this address:

SAT Program

P.O. Box 7503

London, KY 40742-7503

By Telephone
Call Customer Service, and have the following information ready:

Your current name and address
Test date and registration number (if available)
Name and address at the time you tested
College and scholarship program codes of score recipients. Look up domestic codes (.pdf/2.51MB) or international codes (.pdf/2MB).
Credit card number and expiration date
Rush Reporting
Rush reporting is typically available for older SAT scores, for an additional rush fee plus the score reporting fee for each report, and the retrieval fee for processing the archived scores. Credit card payment is required for phone requests.

https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.o ... old-scores

Personally, I think you're best off talking to a live person if you don't remember/don't have a registration number. If it was a very long time ago, a live person will understand.

Having took a couple community classes for credit with a local community college back in High School, I'm very surprised to hear they expect to see SAT scores.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 12:59 pm

...This whole storyline that, " All you have to do is send in your application, and after that your HSAM will be just so NICE! to you! Yes, sir, they'll get your records out faster than you can say ' skinky-dinky-dee ' ! " ignores what my HSAM - and the whole College-Industrial Complex in general - did to me before.
What, all I have to do is trust them blindly THIS ! time?
Even for talking to someone in SF, I am so cut off , I could use help setting up a meeting with the right person/s for me to speak to here! I barely even have a phone, and I'm so emotionally embittered and scarred and I don't know who to go to.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 6:17 pm

Didn't a WP member help you get them last summer? The school just needed a mailing address or you.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 8:10 pm

...Someone who was not a WP member took forever to get me a portion of them. So, no.

D to

AnneOleson wrote:
Didn't a WP member help you get them last summer? The school just needed a mailing address or you.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 12:17 am

Claradoon wrote:
In my experience, schools etc. will not send records to me at all. They will send readily to any other educational institution or doctor, with my signed permission on their form.

I'm talking of years searching my own records. Would they show them to me? Never! But some authority with my signed permission? Yep.

So I was delayed while I got an application or file opened at the place where I wanted my records to go, because I have to put that on the Request.

Good luck!

For whatever reason, Canadian institutions have historically tried to keep medical records and the likes from the individuals to whom they pertain. In the U.S. however, the individual has a right to the records.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 12:19 am

ASS-P wrote:
...This whole storyline that, " All you have to do is send in your application, and after that your HSAM will be just so NICE! to you! Yes, sir, they'll get your records out faster than you can say ' skinky-dinky-dee ' ! " ignores what my HSAM - and the whole College-Industrial Complex in general - did to me before.
What, all I have to do is trust them blindly THIS ! time?
Even for talking to someone in SF, I am so cut off , I could use help setting up a meeting with the right person/s for me to speak to here! I barely even have a phone, and I'm so emotionally embittered and scarred and I don't know who to go to.

What is the process for obtaining the records as detailed on your high school's, school district's website. What part of the process have you done, and what part of the process has the district not done? And what community college is demanding the records?

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jun 2017, 1:34 am

This is something you need to do yourself.

Just like whatever college you pick you will need to apply online and maneuver their testing and other hoops yourself. It's part of going to college. Nobody can do this for you.

You also should have paid for your records every time you needed them sent. That is also why you need to do it yourself. My school charges a nominal fee to forward my transcript to another institution. They will not send them to you. Only to another educational institution.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 12:24 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Someone who was not a WP member took forever to get me a portion of them. So, no

D to
AnneOleson wrote:

Here's a post from last August:

20 Aug 2016, 12:33 am

Meistersinger
Veteran

Did you not get my PM regarding your high school transcripts? The high school needs an address on where to send them!

I'm back, for the time being. Any one who even attempts to rip me a new rear end because of my opinions will find themselves reported to administration. Anyone on my Foes list that replies to my posts will automatically be reported for harassment. You have been warned.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 2:01 pm

...I am not asking people to take tests for me.
I am asking for help in access in getting my records, which I DO NOT have " normal " access to, just as I have other problems, for which I NEED HELP. Perhaps if I detailed a" the times I TRIED to get into college, only to have the College-Industrial Complex SPIT IN MY.FACE , someone (though probably not Om) would agree that I deserve help.
Last year, I made first attempts to apply to a cc here, however, my access to the counselor who was helping me (which Om thinks is horrible) was cut off, so I had to stop it.
I don't think it really would have been achievable at that time, although if things had gone better for me and if my access to the counselor had not been cut off, perhaps it could have turned into something.
I had forgotten about that re: Meis. He seems to have had the impression that the cc attempt was further along to fruition than it was, maybe. He was not who I was referring to. By the way, his comment seems to counter the " ccs don't need your records " assertion.
I am physically crippled, emotionally limited on the places I go to, only have this cheap phone that I can barely hear people on and won't receive messages - I. Need. Help. Please.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 4:01 pm

We've been through this before, and unfortunately this is not the only roadblock to getting into college. I agree that the transcript situation seems difficult (if not impossible at this point), and from our last go-around on this topic, it's evident you lack the ability to make phone calls, fill out applications, or attend orientation meetings on your own.

My concerns at this point are:
- Even if WP members do manage to get you accepted, how do you plan to pay for the courses?
- Attending school full-time demonstrates that you are NOT disabled, and could affect your SSDI status

I understand that it's difficult for you to operate outside of the few city blocks you're familiar with (and no judgment here, as I have the exact same problem) - but how do you plan to deal with getting to classes every day, if they are outside of your normal 'stomping grounds'? Given your history of frequent hospitalizations, is it reasonable to believe that you will be able to follow through with the classes, and not wind up in the hospital again?

I wasn't able to finish my schooling either, due to physical and mental health issues, and have never been able to hold down any kind of job, or maintain any kind of independence or stability. I too was raped as a teenager, abused by an alcoholic foster father, and have suffered from severe PTSD my entire adult life. I know it's tough, and I feel for you.

But I also feel it's beyond the scope of this forum to provide the sort of hands-on help that you need. We are here to provide encouragement and moral support, and can help with internet research and certain logistics, but when it comes to actually filling out applications, going to orientation meetings, attending classes - that has to be on you. And I know you think we're being 'fanatic' in our 'narrative' of this 'fairy-tale' notion, but it's simply the reality of the situation.

That being said, it concerns me that you've felt suicidal over this issue, and I certainly don't want to make you feel any worse. I'm no stranger to suicidal feelings either, and would never want things to end for you that way. I wish I could convince you that there is no shame in never having finished college, and that there is great honor and dignity in making the best of difficult circumstances - because that's truly how I feel.

If I could wave my magic wand and make college happen for you, I would. But based on what happened last time around, I think you really need someone locally, who can hold your hand, be a shoulder to cry on, physically be there to help you fill out the application, and drive you to your orientation meetings. It seems that level of help is needed, to achieve your dream of attending college, and you need to find someone who actually lives in SF, rather than asking WP members who live hundreds and thousands of miles away.

Several attempts have been made by WP members to set you up with various outreach programs there in SF - including one Catholic priest who truly cared on a deep religious level, and wanted to help you - but you never followed through, because it wasn't in your usual stomping grounds, and involved a bus ride across town. And it's exactly that sort of behavior that makes would-be helpers give up in defeat, feeling like their efforts are completely wasted.

I'm not certain why I'm getting involved (again), because as many others have said, I ultimately don't think I can help you. But I also find myself unable to look away from your situation, and stop caring what becomes of you, and so here I am once again. And I feel for the dozen or so WP members who have earnestly tried to help you in the past, only to become frustrated by your lack of follow-through, so I don't want to see that happening again, to well-meaning newcomers who don't know the history of your situation.

It's a complicated situation, and I apologize if what I wrote was completely unhelpful. I've been silent on WP in general for the past few months, feeling like what I have to offer is not wanted here, so I'll probably just go back to lurking. But I do wish you the best as always, and I'm glad that you seem to be doing better for the moment. I hope your health continues to improve, and that one day you DO prove me wrong, by following through with the help that's offered, and getting yourself into a better situation, whatever that might be.

Take care, and sorry once again for the long, rambling, and probably unhelpful post.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 4:24 pm

...If anyone was involved who was a Catholic priest, I was not told that/he did not say so here. Yes, at one point t there was a prospect of rwgistratration across town and I wanted a ride, for support and encouragement. I still think that was a valid desire.
IIRC, the " no-longer-having-access " to that counselor got in the wY, and my physical problems - and the counselor pro lens were because issues with person/s at the apartment where the counselor was led to me being evicted from there, which cut off my access to the counselor. Given sufficient time and build-up, and better physical circumstances, I think the connection to the counselor could have led to going to cc The statistic is that almost any American can access a considerable amount of grant,/etc. money, and given that any such money I accessed was decades ago, if I did any at all, and I would certainly count as a prime candidate for " rehabilitation " money (and, furthermore, I believe that San Francisco Community College is quite cheap if not free) , I felt - and the counselor agreed - that plenty of grant money for immediate cc would be available for me.