Please help me get my old school records.

Page 3 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 6:24 pm

...Yeah. and you're obviously counting it down already :lol: :) :wink:
Did my using the abbreviation for your moniker get your ears pricked up :mrgreen: 8) ? :lol:
Y'know, as far as SWGJ, since you've come in, I'll add this now...I have thought this.
If I am ever (God willing) non-homeless - Bluntly, ex-junkies tend to work for heroin agencies and dried-out drunks tend to work for alchoholism agencies - Perhaps, therefore, some sort of working at an AS and/or HL agency would be something (With whatever " bad boy " X-tra bohemian/outlaw cred my lil' bit of county/misdemeanor time may give me??) - If I've been a bit typecast by life - :-| - for a " day gig " anyway.
Until my fabulous graphic novel concepts get sold to Hollywood :mrgreen: ?
With my learning film ambitions, perhaps messing around with such an agency's Web site/visuals, not nessecarily any sort of counselor/in the field - If you're wondering about my commitment to " other people ".
One does have to have have SOME amount of credentials/" paper " for such as that, though.

ote="kraftiekortie"]I retire in 5 years.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 9:33 pm

You have to start somewhere.

Try to get a social worker to help you fill out a form.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 12:33 pm

ASS-P wrote:
I am asking - begging, really, in a sense :( - for some WP-er to help me find my records from high school, my grades and my SAT texts and any other test scores/records from that era (Also, my real odds from my half-assed attempt to go to communicate it's college about that period - Although that should be easy to find - During that period I would come home to my mother drunkenly screaming at me. Ran ran rah great college life. :cry: )
I absolutely have to have those records if I want to, eventually, go to " standard four-year " residential university (uni) before I die :cry: , first going to community college/similar (cc) to build up credits
/experience to get into uni from there - So you do not need to lecture me about the necessity of paying my dues/working my way up to university, I acknowledge.
I have experienced years of contempt/something like hatred from my High School Alma Mater when I tried to apply to colleges, they simply don't send the records.
I know they still exist, I've gotten some. I just want copies of them myself so that I may send them to a cc I apply to , and never have to deal with my HSMM again. It is absolutely impossible to get into a school without those records. It cannot be done, period. I have to have those records.
If some WP-er good at the phones and letters would just dig them up for me, that hurdle would be over then. Please.
Of someone is willing to do it, please PM Mr and I will give you all the details and names. Please, no-one respond to me and tell me to take GED classes - I have an adequate HS diploma already, I just want what pertains to that - and don't tell me about your grandma taking non-credit course/sitting in, I want real, for-credit, courses.
I have considered suicide over this. All I need is my HSAM and related records, then I may proceed from there.
Please :( .

Hello Sir. Id like to have a little chat with you. I have a bachelors and Masters degree, so I know a thing or two about college admissions. I think you are, first and foremost, way stressed about the wrong things. Getting into a Jr college is simple, and usually only requires that the person be 1. 18 or over and 2. able to benefit from the instruction. Its called an open admission policy, and most community colleges have them. The associate degree you get from the Jr College is then usually all you need to get into a 4 year school. It might not be Harvard or Yale, but for most public 4 year schools thats how it works. I know because I did my undergraduate in this way, and my 4 year school never asked for high school records in any form. The only reason the Jr college needed them is to prove I had the math background for a chemistry class I wanted to take.

What I would be concerned with is first and foremost what degree do you intend to get. If you are doing the Jr college followed by a 4 year school, thats very important in terms of course selection, in order to save you time and money. I would first pick what job you want, then research what degree you need, and then research what courses you need from the Jr college, and make sure they will transfer to the program at your chosen 4 year school. I would add that getting a college degree is no guarantee of anything, and that many students, NT and Aspie, end up in debt and unable to find work in their field after college.

The hard part for me was not getting my Bachelors. It was what came after--resumes, Graduate school (where I struggled because Im not a team player and tend to get my priorities wrong), internships, etc. Also consider that when in school you cant say skip an exam because the building where its being held is a mile up a hill and no one will offer to drive you there.

I'm wondering why you post your health history with every post. Myself, I'm a prostate cancer survivor, and the brutal treatments I had to undergo to get rid of this disease left me with a trashed immune system, so I now regularly get bladder and kidney infections. But I don't put this info for everyone to read at the end of every post.

Well, good luck to you, but I don't think college is the answer to your problems. I think attendance would be beyond your physical, emotional, and financial capabilities, and probably wouldn't help you even if that were not the case.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 6:03 pm

...What " technical " thing do you say I should study, then? Didn't I outline a SWGJ possibility, and the acknowledgement of its importance?

ote="Sweetleaf"]I don't want to kill your dreams or anything but maybe you should work on securing a better living situation before worrying about college. I mean where are you going to keep your college books and supplies? considering all your stuff regularly gets stolen/thrown out at that homeless shelter you're staying at...those are expensive. Also what are you going for? If you don't get a job in the field you study or it doesn't work out and you drop out you'll just have tons of debt built up.

Maybe you should consider a technical school or something...college is kind of pointless unless you really have a specific goal you will use a degree to achieve.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 6:07 pm

...For whatever it's worth, the apply to CCSF, helped by the HOT Team people, absolutely Did Not Happen :cry: . And, going to CCSF this semester, anyway, won't, either.
The reason is that, in fact, the HT people, over the two weeks' period since they said they'd help me apply - did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in that period in-between :cry: . So, I was " nice " (kind of? :mrgreen: ), left them alone for a while after saying to people the first steps I'd like them to do, THEY SAID THAT THEY'D DO THINGS - and then they did not.
This finishes this, at least going to CCSF this semester, it " proves " that they were, in fact, far worse than they thought, a pattern which occurs frequently in my life, people do worse than I imagine :(.
I thought, maybe??, they'd be neglectful/slow - no :cry: . The people there, despite telling me they'd help, did NOTHING WHATSOEVER :cry: . This, added on to something I'll post about in the " Get out of town ?" line, makes me think I'll maybe end my association with the HT people :evil: . The other reason, which see, is more urgent.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 2:46 am

ASS-P wrote:
...For whatever it's worth, the apply to CCSF, helped by the HOT Team people, absolutely Did Not Happen :cry: . And, going to CCSF this semester, anyway, won't, either.
The reason is that, in fact, the HT people, over the two weeks' period since they said they'd help me apply - did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in that period in-between :cry: . So, I was " nice " (kind of? :mrgreen: ), left them alone for a while after saying to people the first steps I'd like them to do, THEY SAID THAT THEY'D DO THINGS - and then they did not.
This finishes this, at least going to CCSF this semester, it " proves " that they were, in fact, far worse than they thought, a pattern which occurs frequently in my life, people do worse than I imagine :(.
I thought, maybe??, they'd be neglectful/slow - no :cry: . The people there, despite telling me they'd help, did NOTHING WHATSOEVER :cry: . This, added on to something I'll post about in the " Get out of town ?" line, makes me think I'll maybe end my association with the HT people :evil: . The other reason, which see, is more urgent.

At least you have the time to get everything in order and plan out your path now. Maybe that's best.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:54 pm

...Dr. Who, IIRC, says that my being (now, a bit less so) crippled (Yes, I use the word ~ " Reclaiming it ", ha ha, like they useta say back in the Nineties :lol: ) means I cant go to uni :( . This is 1962 or something :evil: . I should be shut away forever :cry:?
I think that he is wrong here , because- (More later-)...........

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Aug 2017, 11:34 pm

Which Dr. Who?
I used to have a crush on the one with the enormous long scarf.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 3:05 am

...It was someone here who calls himself Dr Who (and more - a misspelling, incidentally, it' s DICTOR Who in the ship's rules, no abbreviation) - continuing - I do think I have the " practical " considerations of what I might do if I can pull off going to uni, perhaps I can even listen to my critics - Didn't I talk about SWGJ? (This is addressed to my critics.) YOU DON'T WANT ME TO GO TO UNI? WHAT, THEN, DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? :cry: Maybe I'm raving here :( .
Dr Who says " I'm too handicapped to get to classes on time ". Look, I have said, I believe, that I imagine that going to uni would probably involve going in the Pacific Northwest. I could get a wheelchair, for getting around on the more raining-heavy or snowy days, walk when I'm more energetic & relaxed/the weather's better. WHY WON'T SOMEONE HELP ME REGISTER/SIGN UP :cry: :(? (I am not talking about money or gifts help here.)

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 2:23 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...It was someone here who calls himself Dr Who (and more - a misspelling, incidentally, it' s DICTOR Who in the ship's rules, no abbreviation) - continuing - I do think I have the " practical " considerations of what I might do if I can pull off going to uni, perhaps I can even listen to my critics - Didn't I talk about SWGJ? (This is addressed to my critics.) YOU DON'T WANT ME TO GO TO UNI? WHAT, THEN, DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? :cry: Maybe I'm raving here :( .
Dr Who says " I'm too handicapped to get to classes on time ". Look, I have said, I believe, that I imagine that going to uni would probably involve going in the Pacific Northwest. I could get a wheelchair, for getting around on the more raining-heavy or snowy days, walk when I'm more energetic & relaxed/the weather's better. WHY WON'T SOMEONE HELP ME REGISTER/SIGN UP :cry: :(? (I am not talking about money or gifts help here.)

Sir, you have admitted here on this forum that you cant even make it to church for Sunday services. And then that question again: "WHY WONT SOMEONE ELSE DO THESE THINGS FOR ME???" Besides that, your mobility issues are a side issue compared to my other concerns. Like have you given any thought as to what you intend to study and how you will use your degree once you get it? I doubt it, because you are entirely focused on the wrong stuff.

I have two college degrees (three if you count my Associates). I do work in my field. Despite this, my father and brother, neither of whom ever went to college, have bigger houses and a lot more money than I do. College is no guarantee of anything, certainly not of getting and keeping a high paying job.

As for my screen name, IDK what you are talking about. Heres a hint: its a pop cultural reference.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 7:16 pm

...Make it IN TIME, if I start too late, to get there by the posted time. I'm crippled, y'know :P .
I got there, tho late, Sunday.
Do you know how far it is from where I am, and what I have to do to get there? (Rather the definition of " a rhetorical question " there! :lol: 8))
I did talk about what I might study and YOU'RE the one to bring up mobility issues. Chuckles! :P :twisted:
I was speaking of the British TV series " Doctor Who ". I did, however, mistype - or, possibly, maybe this phone " corrected " it for me, I have known that to happen - " ship's rules " for " show's rules ". thank you for pointing out to me the mistype that somehow made its way onto the screen.
I'm ~ Ah, I'm not going to, at least at this time, spend any more time justifying myself to you.

drwho222 wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

Sir, you have admitted here on this forum that you cant even make it to church for Sunday services. And then that question again: "WHY WONT SOMEONE ELSE DO THESE THINGS FOR ME???" Besides that, your mobility issues are a side issue compared to my other concerns. Like have you given any thought as to what you intend to study and how you will use your degree once you get it? I doubt it, because you are entirely focused on the wrong stuff.

I have two college degrees (three if you count my Associates). I do work in my field. Despite this, my father and brother, neither of whom ever went to college, have bigger houses and a lot more money than I do. College is no guarantee of anything, certainly not of getting and keeping a high paying job.

As for my screen name, IDK what you are talking about. Heres a hint: its a pop cultural reference.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Aug 2017, 10:06 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Make it IN TIME, if I start too late, to get there by the posted time. I'm crippled, y'know :P .
I got there, tho late, Sunday.
Do you know how far it is from where I am, and what I have to do to get there? (Rather the definition of " a rhetorical question " there! :lol: 8))
I did talk about what I might study and YOU'RE the one to bring up mobility issues. Chuckles! :P :twisted:
I was speaking of the British TV series " Doctor Who ". I did, however, mistype - or, possibly, maybe this phone " corrected " it for me, I have known that to happen - " ship's rules " for " show's rules ". thank you for pointing out to me the mistype that somehow made its way onto the screen.
I'm ~ Ah, I'm not going to, at least at this time, spend any more time justifying myself to you.

Did you really go on Sunday? What did you/they say about studies?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 11:38 pm

...Why are you asking if I really went? That aside, my going then had nothing to do with any college ambitions - It was DW who brought that subject into this line here. The church is reach-able from me, but a considerable distance away - and I am slow now :(.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Aug 2017, 12:29 am

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't questioning your statement. I meant something more conversational, like "Did you? Tell me all about it!" But of course, only if you feel like it. I think I misunderstood.