Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 4:35 pm

I found this show on TV now, is this thing real? there is lots of people like this on USA?

Once I also watched a show of people getting coupons, they would buy hundreds of stuff for free.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 8:13 pm

It's the lowest common denominator of television. And to think the network that commissioned it was once known as "The LEARNING Channel"!

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 8:30 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
I found this show on TV now, is this thing real? there is lots of people like this on USA?

Is it real? Yes and no. Those reality shows are unscripted and do document people's lives, but they are almost always hyped up and people act in attention seeking ways they would not normally act for ratings. Child beauty pageants do exist in the U.S. however most people frown on them because they see them as an exploitation of the children, particularly when the children are dressed up like grown women, and the perception is that these events attract pedophiles. So most people tend to be disgusted by them.

These shows are generally regarded as trash.

ltcvnzl wrote:
Once I also watched a show of people getting coupons, they would buy hundreds of stuff for free.

I'm not sure what show this is....there are people who are big on coupons and they have made a bit of a hobby out of it so perhaps it was something about that.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 8:45 pm

I had mercifully forgotten all about Honey Boo Boo until now.

I pity you Brazilians that you get our two year old TV shows, and are just now getting that trash.

But yeah, the show was revealed to be rather fake as I recall. But the less said about it the better is my opinion. Lol!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 11:17 am

WELL! Thank you so much for reminding of that monstrosity of a program! :lol: I never watched it, but there was so much hype and sensationalism that I'd have to be in a coma not to know about it, and when I was watching one of the maybe only two shows on TLC that I actually liked, such as Cake Boss or Untold Stories of the ER, Honey Boo Boo would be advertised twenty times every commercial break. I'm so glad it finally got canceled Oh, they aired a post cancellation season this year? Never even knew until now. :P