Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 6:55 pm

It was a long cumbersome day, because we had to just go over tons of information and such about food safety, how different equipment works, hygiene and all that stuff. But starting tomorrow we'll actually be doing a lot more instead of listening to lectures for hours. Even the management people doing the training said that's their worst favorite part it, but its necessary...so everyone was glad when it was all finally over with. Also I guess we are going to be sampling the beers tomorrow.

Though I was a bit late, I will have to make sure and leave no later than 10 to catch the bus, for now..once the training is over my shift will start at 8 in the morning.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 7:31 pm

And today was the second day, I think it went pretty good...though apparently I was mistaking about the beer tasting, it was the front of house people doing that today. I got to learn what cleaning stuff I'll be having to do including mopping, sweeping and cleaning the bathrooms and also I bagged a large box of tortilla chips into smaller portions to be fried later...and also did some dish washing, didn't get a chance to try out the dishwasher machine yet though.

I also found I will need the assistance of a step ladder for various tasks because I am short and some stuff is too high up for me to reach or if someone taller is nearby they may be able to help to, but I can't completely rely on that. So far I like this job and it seems to have a pretty good and positive environment. They are big on respecting each other and working together....I may need to work on being a bit louder because you have to sometimes warn people you're coming through and well if they can't hear you, it can make it difficult. Also if you have something dangerous like a knife or something really hot you want people to know its coming through.