Page 5 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 3:39 am

Aaron Rhodes wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
the community tends to be quite toxic, there's LOTS of spam, navigation on mobile is a nightmare, and the popular topics of discussion tend to irritate me.

It seems that they managed to fix the spam issue, or they just removed any existing spam posts. We'll see how that plays out over the next few days. As for the toxic community, it seems like there are only a few people like that here. And yes, the topics here are irritating, especially the ones about body issues. Post those issues somewhere more appropriate. It seems like quite a few topics don't even belong on this site, and they are rather only posted here because of the audience that will be more understanding of someone on the spectrum. There are a lot of issues here that aren't even specific to people with ASD, and it's a common theme even among people who are NT.

The spam was pretty bad yesterday. Lots of posts advertising "black magic" services. :roll:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 12:19 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
The spam was pretty bad yesterday. Lots of posts advertising "black magic" services. :roll:

All credit to Alex & the mods for dispatching them efficiently :salut:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 5:35 am

Why do we use the site :

It is By us For us About us.

It has its little quirks. I will live with those on the basis the site is put up and maintained by people who day jobs and lots of other claims on their time.

Slick sites such as f---book look slick and seamless because they PAY people to spend their time tweaking and maintaining them.
NTs also have a strong herd instinct which makes data from their viewing and browsing, posting sharing etc a valuable source of revenue even when reduced to statistical form.

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Jul 2017, 3:11 am

I was camping this weekend and I wasn't able to pay as close attention as I should have. The SPAM countermeasures had been pretty effective so I was thinking it wouldn't be a problem. Guess I need to tweak some things. :?

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 11:53 am

wrongplanet is not perfect but i like it here, like my virtual home planet. plus i think you all are rad 8). don't get me wrong--the issues that are being brought up in this thread are annoying. however, the site isn't rendered unusable because of them and it does appear like alex is trying to clear things up. also, much appreciation for the mods on cleanup crew :salut:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 2:06 pm

It's the only forum that hasn't permanently banned me. so far.

zzzsmokeyzzz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jul 2017, 4:02 pm

I don't really have any issues although I'm fairly new to Wrong Planet. 8)

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 4:17 pm

Some of us have never had those issues?

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Jul 2017, 4:19 pm

I think the main issue the OP had with getting logged out has actually been fixed...

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 5:50 pm

I've certainly been getting some newsletters about that. Thanks for your input...your very own .. sitemaster.
I actually thought this was some kind of chat up line until I noticed all the ads pop up, and no that option isn't available on my email programme. Unless I decide to open it, which I did and this confirmed what it was, even though I assumed it was spam all along. I think someones been camping out too late, and forgot to defilter the language bar.

AshtenS
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2017, 12:33 am

Im kind of new but I come here because its practically the only place I know where I'm not thought of as a weirdo for being autistic and I don't have very many friends off of the internet. I'm sure other people here can relate.

EzraS wrote:

What happened for you to get banned on other forums?

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 4:22 am

AshtenS wrote:

EzraS wrote:

What happened for you to get banned on other forums?

I share being puzzled EzraS as your voice is articulate, informed, thoughtful and informative.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 6:34 pm

AshtenS wrote:
Im kind of new but I come here because its practically the only place I know where I'm not thought of as a weirdo and I don't have very many friends off of the internet.

I thought you stated you haven't many peer buddies because of the internet. The art of managing futility to improve self esteem here is greater than ever.

AshtenS
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2017, 3:19 am

Empathy wrote:
AshtenS wrote:
Im kind of new but I come here because its practically the only place I know where I'm not thought of as a weirdo and I don't have very many friends off of the internet.

I thought you stated you haven't many peer buddies because of the internet. The art of managing futility to improve self esteem here is greater than ever.

I don't remember saying that. Perhaps you've confused me with someone else?

Most of my friends outside of the internet are either close family members who I've known my entire life or a handful of people who I've known for years and are used to me but I very infrequently see. Anyway, its nice to hear and talk to people who I can relate to.

Jesus Sperg

20 Jul 2017, 7:26 am

deleted

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 2:45 pm

AshtenS wrote:

I don't remember saying that. Perhaps you've confused me with someone else?

Most of my friends outside of the internet are either close family members who I've known my entire life or a handful of people who I've known for years .

Ok, well like you said, you've just joined, so you've got a long long way to go just yet. Most of us have family outside of the internet, not everyone wants to discuss family things at the expense of an overly critical all consuming crowd. They usually PM each other. Maybe the OP has got general issues with this as well as being logged out of discussions.