Anyone else obsessed with 1 specific food?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

PossiblyBisexualCanadian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jun 2017, 3:45 am

When I say 1 specific food, you know what I mean :wink:. Growing up I have gone an entire week or even two weeks just eating one single food every day, for every meal. I know this is unhealthy, but I just seem to have an obsession with grilled cheese, my favourite food. If I was living alone, it would be the only food I'd eat. I think it is pretty common for autistic people to obsess over certain foods and/or have a specific small list of foods that they will eat from. There are many foods that I do not like due to the texture (jello, pudding, yoghurt, etc.) so my menu is already much smaller than the average person, which only makes this problem more pronounced. Before my special food was grilled cheese, it was green grapes. I'd eat those suckers for breakfast, lunch and dinner, my friend.

Does anyone have a really specific favourite food (mine is grilled cheese) or any stories of only eating a specific or weird food for long periods of time? Please share, I am curious to see if anyone else is like me.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 9:55 pm

not quite as extreme as you

however, very rarely do i eat anything other than
dumplings
kit kat, whoppers (milk chocolate malt balls)
banana, apple, peach, nectarine, pear, spinach
yogurt
inari sushi

for the past half year. almost every day. ate 5 dumplings. obsessive compulsively. do not like or hate dumplings. and they are not particularly nutritious or cheap either. but they are convenient. just boil water and add them. they are good enough.

wanna eat a wider variety, but do not know how to cook. do not feel like starting cooking. so many methods of failure

love whoppers. peanut butter. chocolate. nibble the chocolate off. nibble the peanut butter off. love peanut butter.

love kit kat. eat the chocolate off. rub the sugar off. 22 grams of sugar each. that's a lot. only supposed to eat 25 grams sugar daily.

the fruit. a lot of fiber and water. otherwise. don't know what else to eat. makes me full. and not a lot of calories. convenient. a lot of sucrose, i know. but good enough. so whatever.

inari sushi. sushi rice has sugar and vinegar. inari is deep fried tofu. but just four pieces. how bad can it be? wasabi tastes good too. love wasabi. except have to rub it on something. the rice tastes a little bland, even though it is sweet.

used to eat japanese yams. four servings daily.

cut back down to 2 servings daily now.

when i was in 3rd to sixth grade loved Ramen noodles. used to eat them between 2 slices of bread. it was my favorite food. ate it with the entire pack of seasoning. my precious lil "dad" used to make them for me. add hot water and eat.

yummy.

delicious

loved it

cup of noodles

instant noodles

but then one day i ate it and got sick

and then after that it tasted gross

have not eaten it since

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 6:04 am

Anything with a creamy texture.

I eat alot of greek/icelandic yoghurt to get my protein, and I eat alot of ice cream for enjoyment. :P

KiannaKitter
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jun 2017, 5:10 pm

Big Mac's. I am absolutely obsessed with Big Mac's. YUM! :D

Stop wishing you looked like someone else or wishing people liked you as much as they like someone else. It's a waste of time.
Stop trying to get attention from those who hurt you. Stop hating your body, your face, your personality, your quirks - love them.
Without those things you wouldn't be you and why would you want to be someone else? Be confident with who you are. Smile.
And if anyone hates on you because you're happy with yourself then you stick your middle finger in the air and say "Screw it."

My happiness will not depend on others anymore. I'm happy because I love who I am.
I love my flaws, I love my imperfections, they make me ME - and me is pretty amazing.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 10:47 am

It's definitely pasta/noodles for me.

FionaJoy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jul 2017, 1:02 pm

Yep, I'm stuck on macaroni and cheese right now. Before this it was tacos. Always made the exact same way, and before that it was salad. Also made the exact same way each time.

HyperX

28 Jul 2017, 5:13 am

oh yeah. there's an Indian place about 40min away from me that has the best butter chicken in the state.
and when i say the best, i mean no one else comes close to how good this stuff is. I get it so often i know the owners well.

I moved away for a year and was unable to get it. when i moved back i went there to get some because i missed the smell, taste and flavor so much. when i began eating it, i literally started smiling uncontrollably and began laughing. it is that good. sensory overload but in a good way for a change. it's not just a tasty meal, it's a life experience.

oddnumberedcat

01 Aug 2017, 9:42 pm

My diet was more varied when I was a kid living at home since my mother cooked, but for the entirety of my adult life, I've one thing that I eat, obsessively, for months at the exclusion of literally all else. Then, abruptly, for no reason at all, I drop that food like a hot potato, never have any desire to eat it again, and obsess on something else. For about a year it was oatmeal, then it was Quest bars, then one particular salad, etc. Right now, it's a Builder's bar for lunch and sushi for dinner from this one restaurant nearby. I have that every day, without fail.

At first, I thought my obsessive eating habits were driven by anorexia, which I began struggling with not long after I moved to NYC for college. That definitely didn't help (in that I was afraid of eating anything else for fear of "wasting" my limited calories on something I might not like), but it's since become quite clear that obsessively eating one thing is just the way I eat. I've since recovered, and I can eat anything I want without anxiety now... but I usually want just one thing and one thing only.

I am pretty certain whatever restaurant I order from every. single. night. over the years thinks I'm a freak. The beauty of Seamless is that they can judge me from afar, and I'll never know.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 9:55 pm

oddnumberedcat wrote:
My diet was more varied when I was a kid living at home since my mother cooked, but for the entirety of my adult life, I've one thing that I eat, obsessively, for months at the exclusion of literally all else. Then, abruptly, for no reason at all, I drop that food like a hot potato, never have any desire to eat it again, and obsess on something else. For about a year it was oatmeal, then it was Quest bars, then one particular salad, etc. Right now, it's a Builder's bar for lunch and sushi for dinner from this one restaurant nearby. I have that every day, without fail.

At first, I thought my obsessive eating habits were driven by anorexia, which I began struggling with not long after I moved to NYC for college. That definitely didn't help (in that I was afraid of eating anything else for fear of "wasting" my limited calories on something I might not like), but it's since become quite clear that obsessively eating one thing is just the way I eat. I've since recovered, and I can eat anything I want without anxiety now... but I usually want just one thing and one thing only.

I am pretty certain whatever restaurant I order from every. single. night. over the years thinks I'm a freak. The beauty of Seamless is that they can judge me from afar, and I'll never know.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Builders bars taste a bit too sweet. even Clif and Luna bars taste too sweet now. used to eat 2 clif bars a day. but half a year ago i was sitting outside eating them and all of a sudden it was like. can't eat more. and Builders bars are a bit large. maybe count it as an entire meal.

sushi. love sushi. except just inari sushi. Whole Foods specifically asks if i want inari sushi when i go there. the woman at Safeway was pretty cranky. so kind of did not wanna interact with her anymore. so when i walk past i glance quickly to see if there is any inari sushi. if yes, then pick it up. if not, then leave. do not wanna interact with her.

and then 2 weeks ago i was eating Safeway sushi. 5 bucks for 4 piece. inari sushi. wasabi. and suddenly it tasted way too sweet. it's wierd though. whole foods' inari sushi nutrition facts say 22 grams sugar per 4 piece. and safeway's sushi tastes much sweeter than whole foods' sushi. but 22 grams? yeah i don't get it. a kit kat contains 22 grams sugar. and i can barely eat that in 3 different sittings.

but kit kat's volume (size) is smaller. and inari sushi contains salt and other condiments too.

oddnumberedcat

01 Aug 2017, 10:17 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Builders bars taste a bit too sweet. even Clif and Luna bars taste too sweet now. used to eat 2 clif bars a day. but half a year ago i was sitting outside eating them and all of a sudden it was like. can't eat more. and Builders bars are a bit large. maybe count it as an entire meal.

I used to be obsessed with Luna and then Clif bars. I find them too sweet; Builder Bars, I think it depends on the type. I only like one type (Chocolate Peanut Butter) and will only venture to eat the others if, god forbid, they are out of stock.

Actually, speaking of things being out of stock, I am ashamed to admit that at one point, my entire diet was made up of Quest Bars and salad. I went through so many Quest bars a day, I actually would clear out the entire Quest bar stock at all of the bodegas in a few block radius (I live in Manhattan). The bodegas didn't restock more than once a week or so, so I'd buy them all as soon as they stocked, rinse and repeat. I was not bingeing on them; they just made up all of the calories I ate.

Quote:
sushi. love sushi. except just inari sushi. Whole Foods specifically asks if i want inari sushi when i go there. the woman at Safeway was pretty cranky. so kind of did not wanna interact with her anymore. so when i walk past i glance quickly to see if there is any inari sushi. if yes, then pick it up. if not, then leave. do not wanna interact with her.

This is mitigated now that I only order from Seamless, but I hated it when they recognize me and my eating habits. Aside of just finally getting tired of eating the same thing for months on end, the other sure-fire way to get me to stop eating something is to be recognized. The recognition includes implicit unwanted pressure of making small talk. I don't mind talking to people normally, and I'm fine at small talk, but if I am there to pick up food, I am there specifically to pick up food and I do not want to talk to you, at all.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 3:43 am

oddnumberedcat wrote:

I used to be obsessed with Luna and then Clif bars. I find them too sweet; Builder Bars, I think it depends on the type. I only like one type (Chocolate Peanut Butter) and will only venture to eat the others if, god forbid, they are out of stock.

Actually, speaking of things being out of stock, I am ashamed to admit that at one point, my entire diet was made up of Quest Bars and salad. I went through so many Quest bars a day, I actually would clear out the entire Quest bar stock at all of the bodegas in a few block radius (I live in Manhattan). The bodegas didn't restock more than once a week or so, so I'd buy them all as soon as they stocked, rinse and repeat. I was not bingeing on them; they just made up all of the calories I ate.

Quote:

This is mitigated now that I only order from Seamless, but I hated it when they recognize me and my eating habits. Aside of just finally getting tired of eating the same thing for months on end, the other sure-fire way to get me to stop eating something is to be recognized. The recognition includes implicit unwanted pressure of making small talk. I don't mind talking to people normally, and I'm fine at small talk, but if I am there to pick up food, I am there specifically to pick up food and I do not want to talk to you, at all.

I like quest bars, but I think I would explode if I ate that many.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 7:37 pm

oddnumberedcat wrote:

Quote:

______________________________________________________________________________________

luna and clif bars contain a lot of sugar. 22 grams sugar in some clif bars. 9 gram sugar in luna bar. some sources claim that females are only supposed to eat 25 gram sugar per day.

trying to reduce the amount of sugar.

but nowadays not many things do not contain sugar.

and of the things that do, they usually cost a lot of $$.

seriously.

AllanLionChild
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 May 2018, 4:16 am

When I was little, strawberries were my jam (haha).
Today, however, I am absolutely obsessed with popcorn.

1. It has a nice plain taste. I don't fancy buttered popcorn, because it's all greasy. Nor caramelized popcorn, because it doesn't taste like actual popcorn, and the hard shell of the caramel isn't really my thing. Plain, air popped popcorn is the best for me.
2. The smell is so good
3. It makes a nice sound when it's popping, and when you chew it. Heck, even when you just move it around in the bowl with your fingers.
4. It's nice to eat when warm, and nice to eat when cooled off. Except when it's been out for a couple of minutes, and it gets all chewy.

I like popcorn a lot.

temperance
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jun 2018, 7:03 am

not quite as extreme as you

however, very rarely do i eat anything other than
dumplings
kit kat, whoppers (milk chocolate malt balls)
banana, apple, peach, nectarine, pear, spinach
yogurt
inari sushi

for the past half year. almost every day. ate 5 dumplings. obsessive compulsively. do not like or hate dumplings. and they are not particularly nutritious or cheap either. but they are convenient. just boil water and add them. they are good enough.

wanna eat a wider variety, but do not know how to cook. do not feel like starting cooking. so many methods of failure. www 2018 weight loss pills that work

love whoppers. peanut butter. chocolate. nibble the chocolate off. nibble the peanut butter off. love peanut butter.

love kit kat. eat the chocolate off. rub the sugar off. 22 grams of sugar each. that's a lot. only supposed to eat 25 grams sugar daily.

the fruit. a lot of fiber and water. otherwise. don't know what else to eat. makes me full. and not a lot of calories. convenient. a lot of sucrose, i know. but good enough. so whatever.

inari sushi. sushi rice has sugar and vinegar. inari is deep fried tofu. but just four pieces. how bad can it be? wasabi tastes good too. love wasabi. except have to rub it on something. the rice tastes a little bland, even though it is sweet.

used to eat japanese yams. four servings daily.

cut back down to 2 servings daily now.

when i was in 3rd to sixth grade loved Ramen noodles. used to eat them between 2 slices of bread. it was my favorite food. ate it with the entire pack of seasoning. my precious lil "dad" used to make them for me. add hot water and eat.

yummy.

delicious

loved it

cup of noodles

instant noodles

but then one day i ate it and got sick

and then after that it tasted gross

have not eaten it since

i love guacamola :D :D :D :D

GuyInABlackSuit
Raven
Raven

18 Jun 2018, 11:07 am

One food? No.
Many foods? Yes.
-
Sweet chocolate (dark, milk, and white)
chicken sandwiches
peanut butter toast sandwiches
grilled cheese sandwiches
eggs (hard-boiled or scrambled)
cookies (Oreo, chocolate chip (single, double, and triple), fudge stripes, mint cookies, etc.)
pizza (pepperoni, meat lovers, pretzel crust (before they discontinued it))
ice cream (chocolate, mint chip, cookies'n'creme, strawberry, vanilla, rocky road, etc.)
Coke, Pepsi.
Many more too

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 12:35 pm

Pizza ... vegan ... veggie (with cheese) ... balanced ... meat-lovers ... so many ways ... :pig:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.