Page 5 of 15 [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Jun 2017, 8:03 am

Users have received warnings for personal attacks largely (but not entirely) originating from this thread. In case anyone is worried, calling someone "Trump guy" does not constitute a personal attack.

If there are any further personal attacks, this thread may have to be closed.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 8:14 am

EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
All of this stuff continues to come off as kooky. It's laid on so thick day after day, it's really hard to take any of it seriously. Especially when so much of it is delivered in comical fashion. And it's all involving a lot of convoluted what if scenarios that take on new spins that don't really add anything new. I wonder how long it will go on for going nowhere before it finally runs out of gas.

Well, now even Trump agrees there was Russian interference. He acknowledged as much yesterday when he blamed it on Obama.
Donald Trump wrote:
The reason that President Obama did NOTHING about Russia after being notified by the CIA of meddling is that he expected Clinton would win ... and did not want to 'rock the boat.' He didn't 'choke,' he colluded or obstructed, and it did the Dems and Crooked Hillary no good.

His story has now changed from "it was the Chinese, or some hacker in his mom's basement" to acceptance that it was the Russians. He would know, he gets daily intelligence briefings and the Russians haven't stopped their misinformation campaign nor their cyber warfare campaign.

This is how I reason things out: Trump says Obama did nothing about Russia after being notified by the CIA.

I agree Obama did nothing about Russia, didn't impose any sanctions or issue any warnings - based on what the CIA told him.

In other words if Obama was convinced the CIA info about Russia tampering was accurate, why didn't he act upon it at the time?

That doesn't mean I am now saying Russia definitely did it. I'm saying if Obama thought they did it way back then, why didn't he act upon it way back then?

I seems like people completely ignor the question (which they certainly don't want to answer) and instead deflect by going for yet another straw graspy conclusion.

I keep ending up being a "Trump supporter" because I can't help but see and point out the flaws in this stuff. I feel like a book editor finding massive plot holes in the story and having to say "go back and try again".

No, you keep ending up being a Trump supporter because you're consistently supporting Trump in arguments and attacking everyone who questions his actions with the "trump derangement syndrome" invective. If it walks like a Trump supporter, talks like a Trump supporter, and behaves like a Trump supporter what is it? Furthermore, if one is consistently supporting a politician but can't come to claim the politician as their own they're only showing a healthy dose of political cowardice.

As for Obama's response that's an easy question to answer: he did respond, he dismantled their 'official cover' operation in this country when he had the state dept. confiscate their compounds and he levied another round of sanctions. That's doing something, something very rare-- confiscating embassy-level property (considered sovereign land of the owner, meaning he flat took Russian soil) has only happened a handful of times in this country. As for why he didn't do it smack dab in the middle of the election: that's exactly what Putin wanted because it would be easy to paint Obama as attempting to influence an upcoming election.

As for your book analogy, you're reading a book that's about 20% written at this point, there's at least another year of investigation before Mueller and his team even begin to form conclusions. Just like a book, you'll have to wait until it's finished to make a determination on what was a plot hole and what was merely foreshadowing.

I highly suggest you read up on Phillip II of Macedon and his Athenian influence campaign, this isn't the first time misinformation has been used to influence a democracy, it's a tactic literally 2,350 years old, and precisely how the world's first democracy fell. Funny thing is, you know what Phillip did when he finally took Athens? He executed his Athenian supporters to cover up the evidence of his meddling, so tread cautiously.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 8:32 am

Trump is more bothered by Obama's perceived inaction (Obama expelled Russians in retaliation) than the Russian interference itself. Why is Trump not saying he is going to do something about the Russian interference? Last I heard, he had invited them back to their American mansions.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 9:37 am

Does anyone imagine that if BHO had made a public fuss about the Russian interference, DJT would have said, "Good job defending democracy!" or something?

I doubt it. He would have ignored credibility and tried to weave it into his great conspiracy theory. It would have fit too easily to pass up!

Also, DJT may not recall, but the intelligence chiefs briefed him on this. They did it when he was nominated, again when he won, and fully when he became president. If he ignored all that, it is his own fault.

Any T people who appear on "tapes" will retroactively be fired.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 11:31 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
StinkyDog wrote:
We've elected a conman and an inveterate liar.

That would feel awful enough, but he appears to have zero curiosity. I find his fixation on self aggrandizement most annoying.

To me a person whom I view as having the maturity of a toddler combined with a priority to destroy and humiliate everybody that he thinks has slighted him and has slighted him is next to the nuclear football is far far far more important than any possible corruption or policy issue. I am grateful to just to wake up these days.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 12:47 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
No, you keep ending up being a Trump supporter because you're consistently supporting Trump in arguments and attacking everyone who questions his actions with the "trump derangement syndrome" invective.

Name one person I have personally attacked this way. What person have I accused of having "trump derangement syndrome"?

Aristophanes wrote:
If it walks like a Trump supporter, talks like a Trump supporter, and behaves like a Trump supporter what is it? Furthermore, if one is consistently supporting a politician but can't come to claim the politician as their own they're only showing a healthy dose of political cowardice.

Name a Trump policy that I have supported. I have said I think Obamacare is a failure. But I have not said anything in support of Trumpcare for instance. So what Trump policies have I been in direct support of?

What I have done is challenge some claims regarding certain issues because they seemed to be incorrect, lacking in logic, lacking in credibility and so forth. Like I'm doing right now.

Aristophanes wrote:
As for Obama's response that's an easy question to answer: he did respond, he dismantled their 'official cover' operation in this country when he had the state dept. confiscate their compounds and he levied another round of sanctions. That's doing something, something very rare-- confiscating embassy-level property (considered sovereign land of the owner, meaning he flat took Russian soil) has only happened a handful of times in this country. As for why he didn't do it smack dab in the middle of the election: that's exactly what Putin wanted because it would be easy to paint Obama as attempting to influence an upcoming election.

Which again is what Trump accused him of, not wanting to rock the boat. But the main thing I pointed out was the flaw I saw in those coming to the conclusion that he's now saying the Russians did it.

Aristophanes wrote:
As for your book analogy, you're reading a book that's about 20% written at this point, there's at least another year of investigation before Mueller and his team even begin to form conclusions. Just like a book, you'll have to wait until it's finished to make a determination on what was a plot hole and what was merely foreshadowing.

Well I just read about a book that went through editing and that's basically what they did. They edited it as it progressed to point out problems they saw along the way. And that's what I will continue to do. I'm sure that pisses you off, but oh well.

Aristophanes wrote:
I highly suggest you read up on Phillip II of Macedon and his Athenian influence campaign, this isn't the first time misinformation has been used to influence a democracy, it's a tactic literally 2,350 years old, and precisely how the world's first democracy fell. Funny thing is, you know what Phillip did when he finally took Athens? He executed his Athenian supporters to cover up the evidence of his meddling, so tread cautiously.

Maybe I'll do that. I have read a bit about his son being a history buff. But in the meantime, I will continue to write my opinions regarding current claims as they unfold and make contemporaneous assessments.

But you do now have me pondering if Donald Trump Jr could become the next Alexander the Great :P

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 7:56 am

EzraS wrote:
Name one person I have personally attacked this way. What person have I accused of having "trump derangement syndrome"?

Ummm ..... hello.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 8:15 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Ummm ..... hello.

No that's you and that other including yourselves. I talk about millions of people overall, and somehow that supposedly boils down to you personally. :roll:

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 3:02 pm

EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Ummm ..... hello.

No that's you and that other including yourselves. I talk about millions of people overall, and somehow that supposedly boils down to you personally. :roll:

I actually reported you once for calling her crazy repeatedly in a thread not long ago. Be honest, now. You say all the time lately how anyone who believes Trump might have done something impeachment-worthy must be insane, like almost on a daily basis you say this. You know that we can see your words when you type out comments here, right? That's how commenting on a forum works. You may not remember things after typing them, but many of us have very good memories for things we've read. Just look at your own commenting history for the last couple of months, it's full of statements about everyone denouncing Trump is being crazy and irrational.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 9:59 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Ummm ..... hello.

I actually reported you once for calling her crazy repeatedly in a thread not long ago.

I was waiting for that from her or you, but that wasn't me saying she had Trump derangement syndrome. That was me saying she was displaying a weird preoccupation with me. And you are following the same pattern making melodramatic speeches to me about how I'm personally affecting you on a visceral level and so on. Lengthy critiques and false claims against me on a very personal level - as if there's supposed to be some kind of personal relationship. Very personal, very persistent, very weird.

Be honest, now. You say all the time lately how anyone who believes Trump might have done something impeachment-worthy must be insane, like almost on a daily basis you say this.
You know that we can see your words when you type out comments here, right? That's how commenting on a forum works. You may not remember things after typing them, but many of us have very good memories for things we've read. Just look at your own commenting history for the last couple of months, it's full of statements about everyone denouncing Trump is being crazy and irrational.

Nope that's not it at all. What I have said is that the way the left as a whole has acted has been insane. Do I really need to go down the very long list of all the insane behavior that has made national headlines? There's a big difference between a political party simply denouncing a president and them behaving in an outlandish manner, saying outlandish things, making outlandish claims and so on. Are you going to claim that hasn't been occurring wholesale on a regular basis? It has been and you know it.

Last edited by EzraS on 28 Jun 2017, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 10:59 pm

To whoever in general:

The person I get into it the most with, who expresses very strong sentiments against Trump and the right is, Kraichgauer (Bill). But I do not think he is crazy. We have sharp disagreements. He doesn't like the right, I don't like the left and so on, but that's all there is to it.

I have absolutely nothing against him personally. He makes all kinds of extremely derogatory comments about Trump supporters... and then calls me a Trump supporter. Now I suppose I could get all overly offended and extremely emotional over that start whining and crying that he's viciously attacking me - but to me that would be ridiculous.

He has kind of "offended" me a bit a few times I suppose, but I figure that's going to happen when two people argue over particular things on a regular basis. I call him on it and we hash it out. But I don't get all butthurt and hold a grudge.

We are just simply two people in a debate forum strongly expressing our opinions and opposing viewpoints about certain things at large. Neither of us is out to personally insult or personally attack the other. I have never gone on any kind of complaint campaign against him. And neither has he against me.

That's the way it's supposed to work.

Last edited by EzraS on 28 Jun 2017, 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 11:14 pm

EzraS wrote:
The person I get into it the most with, who expresses very strong sentiments against Trump and the right is, Kraichgauer (Bill). But I do not think he is crazy. We have sharp disagreements. He doesn't like the right, I don't like the left and so on, but that's all there is to it.

I have absolutely nothing against him personally. He makes all kinds of extremely derogatory comments about Trump supporters and calls them Trumpanzees etc... and then calls me a Trump supporter. Now I suppose I could get all overly offended and extremely emotional over that start complaining that he's making personal attacks against me - but to me that would be ridiculous.

We are just simply two people in a debate forum strongly expressing our opinions and opposing viewpoints about certain things at large. Neither of us is out to personally insult or personally attack the other. He has kind of "offended" me a bit a few times I suppose, but I figure that's going to happen when two people argue over particular things on a regular basis. I call him on it and we hash it out. But I don't get all butthurt and hold a grudge. I have never gone on any kind of complaint campaign against him. And neither has he against me.

True, but not everyone has the same temperment as you or I, and might honestly take what you've posted as a slight.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 11:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I have absolutely nothing against him personally. He makes all kinds of extremely derogatory comments about Trump supporters and calls them Trumpanzees etc... and then calls me a Trump supporter. Now I suppose I could get all overly offended and extremely emotional over that start complaining that he's making personal attacks against me - but to me that would be ridiculous.

We are just simply two people in a debate forum strongly expressing our opinions and opposing viewpoints about certain things at large. Neither of us is out to personally insult or personally attack the other. He has kind of "offended" me a bit a few times I suppose, but I figure that's going to happen when two people argue over particular things on a regular basis. I call him on it and we hash it out. But I don't get all butthurt and hold a grudge. I have never gone on any kind of complaint campaign against him. And neither has he against me.

True, but not everyone has the same temperament as you or I, and might honestly take what you've posted as a slight.

Well I'm hoping maybe they'll get a better handle on that and cool it with the personal grudges. And trying to develop some sort of weird intimate personal animosity relationship between me and them. I have encountered this one too many times with a handful of people and I am tired of it. You should see a PM one of them sent me once. It was bizarre as hell.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 2:17 am

EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Ummm ..... hello.

I actually reported you once for calling her crazy repeatedly in a thread not long ago.

I was waiting for that from her or you, but that wasn't me saying she had Trump derangement syndrome. That was me saying she was displaying a weird preoccupation with me. And you are following the same pattern making melodramatic speeches to me about how I'm personally affecting you on a visceral level and so on. Lengthy critiques and false claims against me on a very personal level - as if there's supposed to be some kind of personal relationship. Very personal, very persistent, very weird.

Be honest, now. You say all the time lately how anyone who believes Trump might have done something impeachment-worthy must be insane, like almost on a daily basis you say this.
You know that we can see your words when you type out comments here, right? That's how commenting on a forum works. You may not remember things after typing them, but many of us have very good memories for things we've read. Just look at your own commenting history for the last couple of months, it's full of statements about everyone denouncing Trump is being crazy and irrational.

Nope that's not it at all. What I have said is that the way the left as a whole has acted has been insane. Do I really need to go down the very long list of all the insane behavior that has made national headlines? There's a big difference between a political party simply denouncing a president and them behaving in an outlandish manner, saying outlandish things, making outlandish claims and so on. Are you going to claim that hasn't been occurring wholesale on a regular basis? It has been and you know it.

This is some next level psychological projection.

I will do my part to stay out of discussions with you from now on, as you can't seem to be honest about your own words which we can all plainly read. I can't debate issues and ideas with people who can't be honest about things they've repeatedly said.

I'm sorry for intruding into your thread.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 4:02 am

EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Ummm ..... hello.

This is some next level psychological projection.

Lol not even remotely. Since you keep bringing up my mind and my psychology, you might want to do some reseach into those with moderate to severe classic autism, especially when it comes to detachment regarding others. Do you actually think you have managed to penetrate a wall that not even most of my immediate family have ever managed to get past? My interest in you personally is less than zero.

I will do my part to stay out of discussions with you from now on, as you can't seem to be honest about your own words which we can all plainly read. I can't debate issues and ideas with people who can't be honest about things they've repeatedly said.

Please get real for once. My interpretation of what I say and think is different from your interpretation. That's all. My only problem with honestly is how brutally honest I am. Try employing more objectivity and logic and less subjectivity and unreasonableness. Try focussing on and discussing the actual subject matter instead of focusing on me.

I'm sorry for intruding into your thread.

Come back any time.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 12:50 pm

As far as the topic goes, I think it is obvious that Trump has good relations with Putin, and also Saudi Arabia and Poland, as he made a point of stopping at both. I think Trump is trying to rebuild alliances without the value of democracy. I'm glad Canada is getting closer with the EU.