Page 11 of 15 [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 6:31 pm

I have listened with interest to various opinions from legal experts, especially responses to arguments from other lawyers. It's how they do their best work.

A few see no laws broken, mostly those on the Trump payroll. The best one I've seen argues for prosecution for espionage. There's good evidence for that already. Some of the other charges sound good, but also more difficult to prove.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 7:51 pm

I just heard on MSNBC that there's talk about Trump pardoning himself! If he does, that alone might as well be an admission of guilt.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 12:55 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Quote:
In the Times interview, the president also took aim at the special counsel appointed to take over the Russia investigation, Robert Mueller, saying Mueller would be crossing a "red line" if he began investigating Trump's personal finances.

I don't want to burn a monthly NYT article to read the interview, but this reference from a Reuters article deserves comment.

DJT just told everyone where to find the Russia connection, if his pattern holds.

I wonder how the Republicans will try defending Trump when he fires Mueller for looking at Ivanka's, Erick's, and Jr's bankrolls.

He was being too nosy.

If you mean Mueller, then no, as he'd just be doing his job.

William Stoughton was just doing his job too.

I think there's little chance of Trump being burned at the stake, or hanged.
If anyone just doing his job is to be compared to Stoughton, then nothing would get done for fear of being associated with his infamy.

You asked how the Republicans will try defending Trump when he fires Mueller for looking at Ivanka's, Erick's, and Jr's bankrolls. My answer was they'll say he was being too nosy and compare him to someone in charge of a witch hunt.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 12:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I just heard on MSNBC that there's talk about Trump pardoning himself! If he does, that alone might as well be an admission of guilt.

Pardon himself from what?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 3:38 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Quote:
In the Times interview, the president also took aim at the special counsel appointed to take over the Russia investigation, Robert Mueller, saying Mueller would be crossing a "red line" if he began investigating Trump's personal finances.

I don't want to burn a monthly NYT article to read the interview, but this reference from a Reuters article deserves comment.

DJT just told everyone where to find the Russia connection, if his pattern holds.

I wonder how the Republicans will try defending Trump when he fires Mueller for looking at Ivanka's, Erick's, and Jr's bankrolls.

He was being too nosy.

If anyone just doing his job is to be compared to Stoughton, then nothing would get done for fear of being associated with his infamy.

You asked how the Republicans will try defending Trump when he fires Mueller for looking at Ivanka's, Erick's, and Jr's bankrolls. My answer was they'll say he was being too nosy and compare him to someone in charge of a witch hunt.

No, as that's part of his job - - especially if he finds something there.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 3:39 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That's a good question. You have to ask why Trump has been talking about pardoning himself if he did nothing wrong.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 7:59 am

Exactly. Even Nixon did not even consider a self-pardon.

The concept only makes sense if he KNOWS he did something wrong.

This is beyond nuts.

It's not Republicans vs Democrats any more. It's morality vs amorality/immorality.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 8:02 am

Trump's denunciation of Sessions is similar to a situation where Nixon denounces John Mitchell (he didn't).

Who dares to publicly criticize an apologist? Only someone who is unhinged would do this.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 9:17 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Quote:

He was being too nosy.

No, as that's part of his job - - especially if he finds something there.

Don't tell me, tell them.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 9:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That's a good question. You have to ask why Trump has been talking about pardoning himself if he did nothing wrong.

This rumor stems from the Washington Post claiming it received a tip (from an anonymous source I'm sure) that the president had essentially asked (who?) if he could pardon himself and his family.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... cd2f95b206

At this point in time this has zero credibility in my opinion.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 10:43 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

This rumor stems from the Washington Post claiming it received a tip (from an anonymous source I'm sure) that the president had essentially asked (who?) if he could pardon himself and his family.

Within an hour, your appraisal was contradicted by a tweet from Trump himself. Ouch!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 12:15 pm

What other President would spend literally hours on Twitter? Don't they have bills to sign, people to see?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 12:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What other President would spend literally hours on Twitter? Don't they have bills to sign, people to see?

Too busy Tweeting America Great Again.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 12:59 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Within an hour, your appraisal was contradicted by a tweet from Trump himself. Ouch!

Ouch nothing. I said "at this point in time".

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 1:13 pm

I feel the 2018 elections might prove VERY interesting.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 1:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

How would any of that be affected by writing out a dozen sentences a day? But the thing with Trump is he was supposed to be unlike any other president.