Page 10 of 15 [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 2:35 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Does this really have to be an all-or-nothing issue?

Yeah, the Russians probably influenced the American election, but there were plenty of other factors at work.

Furthermore, America has influenced Russian elections in the past. America meddled with the post-Soviet elections in order to get Yeltsin into power. That was a disaster for the Russian people ... but it was another victory for corporate America.

What goes around comes around I guess.

America has meddled in loads of other countries elections. Very much what goes around comes around.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 8:24 am

Biscuitman wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Does this really have to be an all-or-nothing issue?

Yeah, the Russians probably influenced the American election, but there were plenty of other factors at work.

Furthermore, America has influenced Russian elections in the past. America meddled with the post-Soviet elections in order to get Yeltsin into power. That was a disaster for the Russian people ... but it was another victory for corporate America.

What goes around comes around I guess.

America has meddled in loads of other countries elections. Very much what goes around comes around.

When the United States does it, it's to protect democracy. Everything the USA does is for good and noble purposes. All others are vile criminals who deserve America's devine punishment.

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord; he is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored....

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 2:26 pm

Sure, we've interfered with other countries' elections. But we've since admitted that we had, and how wrong we had been. Plus, this is our country, so I hardly want to see anything detrimental happen to it at the hands of an enemy, especially with a segment of our country cheering it on.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 4:26 pm

The other world leaders could see, but not hear, the hour-long unscheduled conversation among Trump, Putin, and Putin's interpreter. This followed close on the heels of their two hour long meeting, originally scheduled for half an hour. Besties!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 5:26 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
The other world leaders could see, but not hear, the hour-long unscheduled conversation among Trump, Putin, and Putin's interpreter. This followed close on the heels of their two hour long meeting, originally scheduled for half an hour. Besties!

Donny was just receiving orders from his boss.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 3:13 pm

Quote:
In the Times interview, the president also took aim at the special counsel appointed to take over the Russia investigation, Robert Mueller, saying Mueller would be crossing a "red line" if he began investigating Trump's personal finances.

I don't want to burn a monthly NYT article to read the interview, but this reference from a Reuters article deserves comment.

DJT just told everyone where to find the Russia connection, if his pattern holds.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 3:29 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Quote:
In the Times interview, the president also took aim at the special counsel appointed to take over the Russia investigation, Robert Mueller, saying Mueller would be crossing a "red line" if he began investigating Trump's personal finances.

I don't want to burn a monthly NYT article to read the interview, but this reference from a Reuters article deserves comment.

DJT just told everyone where to find the Russia connection, if his pattern holds.

I wonder how the Republicans will try defending Trump when he fires Mueller for looking at Ivanka's, Erick's, and Jr's bankrolls.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 4:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Quote:

I wonder how the Republicans will try defending Trump when he fires Mueller for looking at Ivanka's, Erick's, and Jr's bankrolls.

He was being too nosy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 7:46 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Quote:

He was being too nosy.

If you mean Mueller, then no, as he'd just be doing his job.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 8:31 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Quote:

He was being too nosy.

William Stoughton was just doing his job too.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 8:59 pm

Basically, you got nothing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 11:38 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Quote:

He was being too nosy.

William Stoughton was just doing his job too.

I think there's little chance of Trump being burned at the stake, or hanged.
If anyone just doing his job is to be compared to Stoughton, then nothing would get done for fear of being associated with his infamy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 12:01 pm

It just doesn't make sense that Trump would criticize Sessions....when Sessions was one of his great apologists.

There's a screw loose somewhere.....

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 12:33 pm

Trump basically wants to staff the Executive Branch with fawning sycophants. Take the most outlandish Trump apologist posts from here, and imagine someone who will justify T's every vindictive and self-aggrandizing impulse using that kind of logic, and that gives you T's ideal advisor.

I don't think people get particularly great advice from sycophants, but to each his own.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 5:00 pm

Trump should keep in mind that, if he and Sessions part on bad terms, then there's nothing from keeping Sessions from telling what he knows to the Mueller.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 6:31 pm

I have listened with interest to various opinions from legal experts, especially responses to arguments from other lawyers. It's how they do their best work.

A few see no laws broken, mostly those on the Trump payroll. The best one I've seen argues for prosecution for espionage. There's good evidence for that already. Some of the other charges sound good, but also more difficult to prove.