Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religi

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 12:50 pm

Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better way of life?

Is our love of God and War connected due to being the epitomes of our love of drama?

People tend to do what is rewarding to them. We are a pleasure seeking species. War, as the epitome of drama, is a condition that humankind is forced to suffer because our instincts force us to seek the fittest. To us, that is either a god or a king; or whatever word or name you give to your epitome of whatever type.

Men controlled, by their two main passions, love and war and love of God as an ideal, have used war to seek a male God from the moment men set matriarchy aside 5,000 year ago.

We naturally seek the fittest and to us, that means we are driven to war.

We men are responsible for 5,000 years of advancing God with war.

Granted, we have used war with some skill and advanced society and its wealth, but we have yet to reach the ideals that matriarchy and Goddess rule reached. Not by a long shot. Wealth, when produced by war, is basically gained forcing the citizens to suffer. We lose both income and positive lifestyle, as well as; the more important, human lives.

Men get a fail mark in finding God and cannot do better from what women did before them. I think all real men of honor and duty would confess this reality.

A Gnostic Christian first recognized and coined the saying,” that for men to continue to do the same thing, while expecting a different result, is a sign of insanity”.

Regards
DL

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 11:15 am

Maybe because a warrior God can protect you from invaders?Kind of simplistic,but primitive societies would worry about someone galloping over the hill and plundering the village.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 11:36 am

They are literal and subjecting their claim to a kind of observable test. There is usually some kind of exchange, in which they give something and expect to get something, in return.

When I read the original lie, he gets the ball rolling, ie. did God say this or that? It's liminality. You are proposing limbo and nihilism. When you are asked for specific outcomes, say, on a nameable date, you are incapable, as a god, and don't propose any sort-of morality anyone can put their finger on. You can't solve simple, survival concerns, so much as prompting people to endlessly discuss them.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 12:52 pm

It actually resembles some of the advice on counseling, where people are not allowed to simply complain. The aggrieved, child, patient, person in crisis, petulant laborer, or hostage taker is supposed to forever be asked what he means. He is supposed to be kept in negotiation, never to receive a firm resolution or redress of grievances.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 12:56 pm

It's a phase we're going through.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 1:02 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Why do we select warrior gods...?

Who is this "we?" I, for one, prefer the New Testament God of grace and forgiveness.

I can't speak for those who prefer the Old Testament God.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 1:42 pm

(aka the white horseman, who treads the winepress of God's fury.)

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 1:53 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Maybe because a warrior God can protect you from invaders?Kind of simplistic,but primitive societies would worry about someone galloping over the hill and plundering the village.

So much for love your enemy. Preach love while you sharpen your sword.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 1:56 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
They are literal and subjecting their claim to a kind of observable test. There is usually some kind of exchange, in which they give something and expect to get something, in return.

When I read the original lie, he gets the ball rolling, ie. did God say this or that? It's liminality. You are proposing limbo and nihilism. When you are asked for specific outcomes, say, on a nameable date, you are incapable, as a god, and don't propose any sort-of morality anyone can put their finger on. You can't solve simple, survival concerns, so much as prompting people to endlessly discuss them.

In discussions, it would not take long to kill the foolish, love your enemy thinking.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 1:58 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
It's a phase we're going through.

A phase that has gifted us with 5,000 years of war.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 2:00 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Why do we select warrior gods...?

Who is this "we?" I, for one, prefer the New Testament God of grace and forgiveness.

I can't speak for those who prefer the Old Testament God.

Does that stupid Trinity concept not make Jesus and Yahweh the same God. Hint. Monotheism.

Regards
DL

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 2:50 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Regards
DL

He wouldn't be my enemy until he sacked my hut and tried to enslve me.Then I would need to beat my ploughshare into a sword or I'd starve,or die from exposure,or worse.
Those warriors gods can be problematic,always wanting to drive the "heathen" off the land,smite them,or forcibly convert them.It makes it ok if your God commands you to do it. :roll:

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 2:57 pm

Misslizard wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Regards
DL

He wouldn't be my enemy until he sacked my hut and tried to enslve me.Then I would need to beat my ploughshare into a sword or I'd starve,or die from exposure,or worse.
Those warriors gods can be problematic,always wanting to drive the "heathen" off the land,smite them,or forcibly convert them.It makes it ok if your God commands you to do it. :roll:

Seems you might have been listening to this mystic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDbiqlhAirE

Regards
DL

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 3:38 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Regards
DL

Seems you might have been listening to this mystic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDbiqlhAirE

Regards
DL

I hadn't seen that.Very good,thank you for sharing.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 4:04 pm

Thanks.

Regards
DL

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 4:22 am

Do you believe that Lucifer, or some version of him, is the god of gnosticism? Is this what you mean to portray with the snake?

Luciferians are saying that they pit both sides of every major conflict against eachother.

You are saying, why do we select warrior gods.