Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2017, 9:26 am

Does anyone else get itchy down below that time of the month? I do, and it's triggered a lot of meltdowns for me, I get flashbacks of being raped when I have that itching.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 1:20 pm

Shakti wrote:
Does anyone else get itchy down below that time of the month? I do, and it's triggered a lot of meltdowns for me, I get flashbacks of being raped when I have that itching.

Awww, I'm sorry. I get that too, but I think it is just because the stuff they use to make pads irritates my sensitive skin.

gee_dee
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Nov 2017, 9:24 pm

I've started to have uncomfortable periods again since I reached my 30s, at a time when I thought they'd be milder, especially seeing as I'm on the pill. They used to be heavy and I always got bad cramps when they first started (age 11-12) but then they eased off not long after, particularly when I lost weight, and then it was relatively smooth sailing until about a year ago.

It's not as bad as I hear some women have it but it really makes me feel "yuck" and like I'm even more clumsy than usual with the bloating and general self-consciousness. I don't understand how people can go out to work for a whole day or do other stuff with that feeling. :?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 12:49 am

I've had it! I'm dreading the first week of the month because that's when I normally get my period. I feel like I just want to grab a knife and cut out my own uterus, even though I know that would lead to much worse pain and bleeding and possibly my death. It's like you only get to enjoy life in early childhood if your female. Then you hit puberty and the curse hits you. What's the point? Why was I even born female? Living in a world where the opposite gender really just wants us all to be Stepford Wives, even if they won't admit it, all the many, many, MANY symptoms of PMS you can get, pregnancy, menopause, breast cancer... other than living slightly longer and having a lower suicide rate except in China, what is so great about it? IT SUCKS.

:wall:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 4:00 am

I had a really bad period this month and had a meltdown to two directors at work. I’ll probably get fired.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 10:07 pm

It's just freakin' hilarious how they can show blood oozing, gushing, or splattering from wounds and injuries or even diseased non-sexual body parts on TV, but show a tiny spot of red liquid in a pad or tampon commercial and people are, "Eww gross I'm gonna puke!" :eew: :roll:

In the movie Carrie the title character has her first period at school and gets bullied by the other girls, and then gets abused by her insane religious mother who thought having your period was a sin. They were all female too, so yeah that makes perfect sense. :roll:

The first time the word "vagina" was ever said in a film was, of all things, in an educational Disney cartoon! They even showed the female reproduction system! 8O A lot people must have thought back then their children would be sent straight to hell f they saw something like that! :twisted:

When I was in my early teens, I believed, like most girls did in the 80's, that you must never ever tell a boy or a man about your period, or even that something called your period existed. I even felt nervous talking about it to any other woman than my own mother. Like it was something to be horribly ashamed of and not just something to keep private.

I hear all the time how society brainwashed women into hating their bodies so they end up with eating disorders and starving themselves and getting dangerous cosmetic surgery, but rarely ever do we ever hear a discussion about how we're taught to believe that our periods are creepy, gross, dirty, and how it turns us into raging snarling she-beasts every month.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 3:01 am

WHY? I have been bleeding heavily for over a week now (almost two weeks) and I can't stand it! I just want this to go away for a little bit. It's exhausting.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 11:53 pm

Among things that could make me sick with flu like symptoms right now -- it had to be as ridiculous as the reproductive cycle's hormones. :x
And I'm not talking about period yet, I'm talking about ovulation.

It's not my time of my month yet, it already gave me a serious inconvenience.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2018, 12:41 am

In a 4 week period, I have 1 week where I'm fully with my senses.

The minute my ovulation starts I feel it. My mind changes, my blood thickens and my irritability grows till the 3rd day of my period.

The last period was REALLY bad. I was angry with everyone and I gained enough water weight to make me look like a hog. Christmas was depressing and an assault on my senses. I was barely able to do any work.

My hormones are ridiculous and off the richter scale. I am very tired of having a vagina.

But I appreciate being a woman in comparison to being a man

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jan 2018, 8:38 am

Was looking forward to going out with my mum into the city this Friday all week.
Then Friday morning, period comes out of nowhere and I feel so offside and tired.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 1:35 am

I feel for everyone on here.

In my early twenties I had so many problems with my periods. I knew when I ovulated, then I would start getting headaches, sore boobs and then finally stomach cramps along with my period, which was never regular.

It was only when I bled for 80 days (lightly, but still) that I went to the doctor for relief. He booked me in to the local hospital for a laparoscopy and D&C. They found that I had PCOS. The doctor suggested that I go on the Depo Provera injection and told me that my periods would most likely stop completely. He was right. Honestly, I feel that it was the best thing I ever did. I get an injection once every 3 months and no periods or any symptoms associated with them. I'm free to do any exercise or swim whenever I like. And I don't have to buy pads or tampons.

It suits my androgynous lifestyle.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 1:19 pm

My doctor put me on birth control pills again for my PCOS and I'm now expected to start my period tomorrow. I'm already in pain :cry: