Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

sun.flower
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jul 2017, 1:19 pm

For stains, in the past I have had ok success with immediately soaking in cold water.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 5:32 am

I had an IUD put in in MARCH and I'm STILL bleeding most of the time. I'd have gone to the clinic to tell them by now, but I'm so busy, and I don't have to use tampons all the time cuz I discovered the diva cup at least, LOL. Those things last for 10 years and are silicone bowl things you put inside you and you don't even feel it. You wash it with unscented soap and warm water and you can keep it in for 12 hours. Saving grace!! !

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 1:12 pm

I literally stained my good blanket and the chair under it because I leaked through my pants. :oops: I was only sitting for about an hour watching TV but I guess that was enough time. Oh well, if I cover the chair with a pillow or another blanket, it will be okay.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 1:46 pm

Love my diva cup; it never leaks and you only have to take it out and empty it every 12 hours. However, I've had some embarrassing moments before that including a "false alarm" where it was the red dye from my dollar-store plaid shorts that was leaking out of my shorts into the water in the sailboat... guess what people must have thought.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 4:18 pm

^ I have heard good things about those and I am intrigued. I'm just worried that they would hurt a lot. I've always worn pads but I think I just must have used one that was too thin for what I needed that day. :oops:

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 11:57 pm

They don't hurt at all, you've gotta try it! It's a soft, silicone cup that goes inside you, with a little handle in the place of the string a tampon would have, for taking it out. You fold it in half and shove it sideways inside you and to get it out you push like you're having a baby/constipated, and then reach in and pull it out. :)

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 2:55 am

Probably lost my favorite set of sheets :(

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 2:14 pm

BetwixtBetween wrote:
Probably lost my favorite set of sheets :(

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that :( I lost a pair of sheets and some nice pajamas a couple of months back.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 7:38 pm

sun.flower wrote:
For stains, in the past I have had ok success with immediately soaking in cold water.

Looks mind challenging, but isn't really. Just get out the Savon De Marsaille soap. Its great for stains. Warm water though and hot as you can handle for bad stains. All the blood has to come out first and get disinfected properly before you can use them again.

heyyoujess

15 Sep 2017, 3:25 pm

First - stains. Sometimes hydrogen peroxide will work wonders.

Second - it won't help with the accidents, but cloth pads are great (I haven't tried period panties yet, but I hear they're also great). I have a latex allergy, so I started using them, like, 8 years ago. They've gotten a lot better. And you can just keep reusing them as liners (after a wash, of course) for those months when your body doesn't know its schedule.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 3:06 pm

I once saw a sign on YouTube that read, "Never trust a gender that can bleed for a week every month and not die".

I really don't get why having our period would make all women untrustworthy, but If I said "Never trust a gender that has two heads but can't use them both at once", that would make us make us even I guess. :twisted:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 3:45 pm

Currently dealing with having a cold, adjusting to medication changes, and having my period - ugh.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 9:28 am

I've had my period for three weeks now. Every time I think it is going away and I stop wearing a pad, it comes back and really heavily :x All of my pants and underwear now have blood stains on them now.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 9:37 am

Probably ruined one of my few pairs of unstained underwear last night. My periods are often unpredictable and I apparently still haven't gotten the hang of putting pads in properly and can't stand tampons, so I've pretty much given up trying not to wear bloodstained underwear, but it's nice to at least have some that I wouldn't be embarrassed if anyone saw.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 9:04 am

TheSilentOne wrote:
I've had my period for three weeks now. Every time I think it is going away and I stop wearing a pad, it comes back and really heavily :x All of my pants and underwear now have blood stains on them now.

Ugh...it went away for two days and I thought it was done, but nope...it's back!! !

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2017, 9:26 am

Does anyone else get itchy down below that time of the month? I do, and it's triggered a lot of meltdowns for me, I get flashbacks of being raped when I have that itching.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933