Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 2:47 pm

A place to post about all the little (period related) things that make you unhappy.

I will start:
Besides losing two pairs of underwear (old and comfy but not too cute, because I'm not that unfortunate...this time), my period stained one of my favorite pieces of loungewear. It's vintage. It's tie dye. I've never known whether to call it a muumuu, a kaftan, or what. I toss a denim coat over it when I wear it out of the house, so it just looks like a maxi skirt. I love it. And I somehow managed to bleed on it. I've attacked it with a stain remover, a fingernail brush, soap, laundry soap, and oxy cleaner. I'm waiting for it to dry to find out if I need to turn to a more exotic solution like Fels Naphtha. Ugh. Stupid period. I was wearing a pad, and I fell asleep, and I bled on my lovely loose dress thing. I don't feel like crying for real, but I do feel like virtual crying so: WAAAAAH!

:wipes tears:

Your turn. And keep your fingers crossed for me, OK?

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 3:54 pm

someone i know conducted a project where she asked women to donate their blood stained underwear and hang them up on a set of laundry lines. it made most men seem uncomfortable but most women did not seem phased at all lol. a fact of life.

in discussion many women lamented about their favorite stained items.

i got a spot of blood on my white blanket D:
there is no way the stain is coming out but i'm thinking about cutting & patching the spot so its not an eyesore.
next time i buy a blanket it will not be white. maybe i'll get a red blanket.

Kamoku
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jun 2017, 3:58 pm

Pads. I dislike pads. It feels like I'm walking around wearing a diaper. I'm constantly rearranging it, but of course, that doesn't help.

AQ: 44

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 5:56 pm

A period thread again. Well, mine has certainly been prolonged in this hot sticky feral climate we're all having here in the South of England. I believe tomorrow it will peak at around 30c. I've had my period for over a week now, or possibly two in over a week can't be too sure. Blood loss is making me tired and weakened.

My man is still at sea and I'm off the radar. I maynever know just what psychological damage had been caused but even if I'd been there to discuss it, another harsh factor is the reality. I've sneaked a peak atthe one he said was a few days old, and there was something there I felt i liked after all.

All this brooding is getting me knowhere, but somewhere on the deep blue ocean, I can picture him at the helm doing whatever charts and mapping he's conscious about doing and relishing that depth of what he knows too.
The whole sea expeirience has reawoken my fertility rate, and I can't push forwards from fear of knowing something will happen if I did try to seduce or rescue his humanity.

Will the ship capsize and the ocean turn any bluer if I sound the horn on my approach? I know the quickest action would be to save myself. Knowing I can't turn a blind eye now and feeling undesired again, maybe it will prompt a forward response from the steady sea captain himself.
I've always fancied a man in uniform and besides being obviously aroused and seduced to a certain degree, he needs a good shave and to lose a few kilo, might get that from doing a few weightlifts and press ups and squats.
All that said, I daren't critiscize anything else. He knows from the last topic of withdrawl how the pic made me feel, but physique has to be matched by charm and kindness to a degree. I clearly am lacking in certain areas but I know how to improvise. Who knows, perhaps I'll just let sleeping seadogs lie before i wrestle myself into believing its true and familiar.

As for period now, I've had to take flucanazole as its been going on for far too long, and my gums are swelling again as a result. I feel like a dry desert lost in a challeging Sahara fortress.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 12:42 am

Quote:
i got a spot of blood on my white blanket D:
there is no way the stain is coming out but i'm thinking about cutting & patching the spot so its not an eyesore.
next time i buy a blanket it will not be white. maybe i'll get a red blanket.

Bleach won't work? Surely you can bleach it? That's why I love white linens. They're leachable when you get blood, coffee, etc. on them.

If all else fails, is an appliqué an option? It would be cheaper than replacing the blanket and easier and possibly more attractive than patching it.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2017, 7:06 am

Yes... I had many beautiful pieces of lingerie ruined by a leak :( Luckily the older I get, the more manageable my periods become. I was also on birth control a while ago and that particular brand is designed to reduce the amount of bleeding in heavy bleeders. It worked like magic - I was down to 2 days of light spotting, shame it had other side effects so I had to ditch it.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 3:54 pm

BetwixtBetween wrote:
Bleach won't work? Surely you can bleach it? That's why I love white linens. They're leachable when you get blood, coffee, etc. on them.

If all else fails, is an appliqué an option? It would be cheaper than replacing the blanket and easier and possibly more attractive than patching it.

i tried bleaching it but it turned pink. it's possible i did it wrong; i'm not so good at this type of thing. i think i'll try bleaching it one more time and if that doesn't work i'll try applique. thanks! that does seem like it would be easier than cutting and patching.

any update on your flowy dress?

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 2:01 am

Best luck.

Flow dress still has a (barely detectible) spot. It is fortunately tie-dye, so I'm probably the only person who will ever know it's there. It may fade with further washings. My hands are still kind of itching for that Fels Naphtha though...I want that spot completely gone. I don't want to ruin the dress though.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 8:55 pm

I just got my period again yesterday after not having had one for over a year. I thought I had gone through the change of life, but obviously I was wrong. I just hope it doesn't go on for over a month as it did back in 2011. I was very anemic, on the borderline of needing a transfusion. If this goes on for over a week, I'm seeing the doctor.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 10:03 pm

I never trust myself whenever my body is involved with the reproductive cycle.

I feel weaker and sleepier at premenstrual times.
Easily annoyed when it's time, and it affects my decision making. :x
Ovulation never helped too. I feel weird and out of sync or less in control whenever it happens.

I can take the pain if it happens. The discomfort that would happen -- I could take it too. I don't mind doing heavy duty laundry afterwards. Or that I have to take a bath trice a day.
And the sensitivity/vulnerability it brings -- I could take it. I could even take more.
But hormones… And how it interferes. :wall: It could be worse as I age, who knows?

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Last edited by Edna3362 on 07 Jul 2017, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 10:11 pm

Empathy wrote:
A period thread again. Well, mine has certainly been prolonged in this hot sticky feral climate we're all having here in the South of England. I believe tomorrow it will peak at around 30c. I've had my period for over a week now, or possibly two in over a week can't be too sure. Blood loss is making me tired and weakened.

My man is still at sea and I'm off the radar. I maynever know just what psychological damage had been caused but even if I'd been there to discuss it, another harsh factor is the reality. I've sneaked a peak atthe one he said was a few days old, and there was something there I felt i liked after all.

All this brooding is getting me knowhere, but somewhere on the deep blue ocean, I can picture him at the helm doing whatever charts and mapping he's conscious about doing and relishing that depth of what he knows too.
The whole sea expeirience has reawoken my fertility rate, and I can't push forwards from fear of knowing something will happen if I did try to seduce or rescue his humanity.

Will the ship capsize and the ocean turn any bluer if I sound the horn on my approach? I know the quickest action would be to save myself. Knowing I can't turn a blind eye now and feeling undesired again, maybe it will prompt a forward response from the steady sea captain himself.
I've always fancied a man in uniform and besides being obviously aroused and seduced to a certain degree, he needs a good shave and to lose a few kilo, might get that from doing a few weightlifts and press ups and squats.
All that said, I daren't critiscize anything else. He knows from the last topic of withdrawl how the pic made me feel, but physique has to be matched by charm and kindness to a degree. I clearly am lacking in certain areas but I know how to improvise. Who knows, perhaps I'll just let sleeping seadogs lie before i wrestle myself into believing its true and familiar.

As for period now, I've had to take flucanazole as its been going on for far too long, and my gums are swelling again as a result. I feel like a dry desert lost in a challeging Sahara fortress.

I'm a little confused by your post. By flucanazole do you mean the anti-fungal medication that is used to treat severe fungal infections and yeast infections? That won't stop a prolonged period. If you have prolonged menstrual bleeding you should first have structural issues ruled out to make sure you don't have cancer, fibroids, or anything of the type. If nothing structural can be found, have your thyroid checked as hypothyroidism can cause prolonged menstrual bleeding. You may also have a build up of endometrial tissue of unknown origin. A D&C may stop the bleeding but hormone therapy might as well. You should discuss this with your doctor.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 6:05 am

My experience with blood:

Allow it to dry and cake. You might be able to just scrape it off.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 1:11 pm

-I hate showering on my period because I always get blood everywhere, especially on the bath towels (which just happen to be white)

-I hate pads and everything about them. They are expensive, bulky, and I still get blood on my underwear even wearing one. I'm too scared to try tampons or a menstrual cup though.

-Because I don't wear tampons, I can't go swimming and it seems like everybody in my family and all of my friends are doing water-related activities this week. I had to turn down an invite to go to the waterpark all because of it being that time of the month :cry:

-Last but not least, I just don't like looking at blood in general.

Sorry if any of these are TMI :oops:

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 2:23 pm

Quote:
Allow it to dry and cake. You might be able to just scrape it off.

In my 20 or so years of experience with menstrual blood, that is not at all the case. You may be able to scape off some of the bigger globules at certain stages, but if you have globules, you have liquid that sinks all the way through th fabric and stains, and with some fabrics and dyes, there is simply nothing that can be done to save the garment. I have lost too many pairs of underwear and the occasional skirt or pair of pants to this over the years.

Quote:
-I hate showering on my period because I always get blood everywhere, especially on the bath towels (which just happen to be white)

I pre-set my clean underwear with pads and situate them and a tampon as close as possible to where I exit the shower. I've even gone so far as to bring in a plastic table specifically for this, so that the necessary items might be grabbed before exiting the shower. White towels are why I love bleach.

Quote:
-I hate pads and everything about them. They are expensive, bulky, and I still get blood on my underwear even wearing one. I'm too scared to try tampons or a menstrual cup though.

I hear you. Someone mentioned washable pads to me a while back. She was a real fan. Maybe those might work for you?

Quote:
-Because I don't wear tampons, I can't go swimming and it seems like everybody in my family and all of my friends are doing water-related activities this week. I had to turn down an invite to go to the waterpark all because of it being that time of the month

Ugh! I hate that!

In other period related news Netflix's Anne With An E has an episode in which Anne deals with the sudden onset of her period.

sun.flower

14 Jul 2017, 1:16 pm

Well I'm not unhappy at present but I will say I love that I've discovered pantiliners. Can use even in off weeks if you're sweaty or unsure when it will arrive, but purpose of this post was to add that for night pads I not only use 'overnights', which are longer than regular pads, but I also put one or two liners (two side by side) up the back of the underwear and it seems to do a pretty great job of catching any leaks for when I'm on my back for a long time. My cat doesn't find it at all unsexy lol :lol:

sun.flower

14 Jul 2017, 1:19 pm

For stains, in the past I have had ok success with immediately soaking in cold water.