Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

PossiblyBisexualCanadian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jun 2017, 3:56 pm

Hi, I have been really into kpop and korean dramas recently as one of my special interests. Some kpop groups I like are: BTS (fave male group), EXO, SNSD (Girls Generation), Miss A (fave female group), Got7, Shinee, BlackPink, NCT (all units), and Kard. As for soloists, I really like IU, Eric Nam, and Bae Suzy (from Miss A).

As for my favourite Korean dramas: My love from another star, cheese in the trap, uncontrollably fond, the heirs, boys over flowers (this was my first drama), The Good Doctor (male lead is autistic), Doctor crush, Pinocchio, Strong woman Do Bong Soon, weightlifting fairy Kim Bok Joo, its okay thats love, emergency couple, doctor stranger, Scarlet heart: moon lovers, and many more! I am currently watching Sungkyunkwan scandal, a historical drama!

Some of my favourite actors are: Park Shin Hye, Kim Woo Bin, Nam Joo Hyuk, Lee Jong Suk, Lee Sung Kyung (best one), Ji Chang Wook, and Kim Soo hyun.

Are there any other Kpop/kdrama fans out there? If so, tell me about some of your favourite groups or please leave some recommendations, I'd love to have some new groups and shows to check out! :heart: :D

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 8:04 pm

I've only seen a few kdramas, and my mom was actually the one that got me watching them. She was flipping channels one day and stumbled upon a channel that only played kdramas. So the first one I watched was the one she recommended, Mary Stay Out All Night (also called Marry Me Mary). I also watched You're Beautiful (or He Is Beautiful). Both star Jang Geun Suk.

As for kpop, I'm a casual listener. BoA introduced me initially, I started listening to her Japanese music first then her Korean music. I like Shinee and Super Junior. I liked 2NE1 and I'm sorry they split up. I also like a few SNSD songs and TVXQ - I started listening to them when there were five members. I haven't heard any new kpop songs in a while. It's something I delve into every couple of years or so. The only SNSD songs I know are Run Devil Run, Hoot and Gee. And I remember when they all came out.

I like Lee Michelle as well. She's very talented but reading about her background makes me really not want to visit South Korea.

Edit: The only other soloist I know is Jay Park, who was in 2PM a very long time ago.

duck12
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2017, 12:59 pm

I am a fan of some kpop bands. I like the POLYSICS and Transifixion mostly, but there are also other Japanese songs I like as well. I am just not sure who sings those particular songs though because I cannot read Asian languages.

sleepingpancake
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jul 2017, 4:08 am

the first i watched was scarlet heart and im surprised that im able to feel stronger emotions just by watching :lol: .....then the ending wrecked me and i felt the need to watch something new so i started watching ruler:master of the mask and yoo seung ho got me like 8-O so i searched for his other dramas as well lol..