Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 10:50 am

This has actually got me messing around with Summoner. It looks like I never actually finished the first one. Am definitely close to the end. Did some killing with my main save. 2003 the date on that save! Now it's 2017.

I might do a restart of Summoner or it's sequel or both. And follow a guide. It's something that would be hard to pick back up after so long, that's the main obstacle to me getting back into it. I think I'd also like to keep some saves at certain points from going through.

ME: "I'll throw a rock to distract the guards." *Summons Stone Golem* :twisted:

Summoner is available on PS2 and PC. The sequel on PS2 and Gamecube. The first one is also available cheap in the Playstation Store if you're in Europe. It's not in the American one.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 8:24 am

Drake wrote:
It's something that would be hard to pick back up after so long, that's the main obstacle to me getting back into it.

I have that same problem >_< It might not even be that long, maybe only a year or two, but I try getting back into a game and I can't remember what I was doing, or where I was going, and sometimes I can't even remember how to play the game =)

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2017, 5:12 pm

Summoner was in my first set of PS2 games! That was a good birthday... little did I know that the PS2 would go on to perhaps have the best selection of games ever. Summoner was not something that tickled my fancy so much, given that I preferred JRPGs at that age, so I never got very far. I was too busy playing Onimusha, anyway.

To repeat my recommendation to the OP: play The Witcher 3. DO IT.

Quote:
Is that no period to all JRPGs? If not, I'd recommend Suikoden II or Grandia II. They're the strongest for characters and story I've played. They both do well on both, but SII has the better story, GII the better characters.

I don't blame you for recommending Suikoden 2, those games are unique among JRPGs and probably have a lot of cross-appeal. The narrative, characters and the conflict are beyond the schlock of most RPGs while retaining the sense of humour and character that the Japanese do so well. The games concept was based off a classical Chinese novel but the setting also had a strong Western fantasy influence.

I certainly wouldn't recommend Grandia 2, though. It's pretty much all anime tropes and laughable dialogue ("cold, unfeeling Geohound") and also, and this is totally subjective, but the first Grandia is wayyy better

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jun 2017, 10:22 pm

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 5:41 am

Tsproggy wrote:

As awesome as that game is, I don't see how it fits the OP's criteria.

Loner269
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jun 2017, 11:49 am

Old School Runescape :lol: