Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jun 2017, 4:22 pm

I'm building a desktop and I have the vga and hdmi connected to my motherboard and not my gtx1060. Everytime I try to turn the moniter on. It says no signal and the power button goes orange.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 6:19 pm

Did you connect the VGA to the graphics card?

HDMI won't be any good, without the drivers.

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jun 2017, 8:48 pm

I can't. The vga and screw input are even in height, but the screws are longer than the rva cable itself so I can't plug it in (the gpu anyways). I also have a blue cable with 15 pins. But I can't find an input for it.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 9:58 am

I don't understand about the screws, part----unless, it's one of those where you just have to screw the screws, IN, more; I've had to do that, more than once.

As for the 15-pin, it may be that you're not seeing the input, cuz it requires a girl or boy plug, instead. If that's the case, you can easily affix an adapter----they're double-headed, so you can turn whatever plug, into whatever other kind of plug, you need:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cable+plug+adapter%2C+motherboard

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2017, 9:23 pm

Like... with the motherboard the plug goes into the input first so I can screw it in fine. But with the graphics card, the screws go in first, and when I try to screw them all the way in, the plug doesn't even look like it's in the input.

madscientist132
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jun 2017, 7:34 pm

If i don't misunderstand your post, it may be happening that, in your bios, the "video" option must be set to use your added video card and not the onboard one. If yours is an UEFI machine maybe you have to pull off the computer the added card to force it to use the onboard unit.

Respect the cables, i believe that you can't use svga and hdmi together, unless your video card be able to send hdmi independently of any os and drivers you be using, so best advice would be to try the bios settings or remove the card and use just the svga cable.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 10:53 am

I don't know what-else, to tell ya.....