Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 7:14 am

I betcha anybody who would suggest such an inhumane thing would insist on being an exception to their rule should they fall into this situation.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 8:29 am

I'm not going to go full on Moby here re: prisoner rights but I will go as far as saying this: why the hell not?
Though I hasten to add...it might be worth considering only certain types of convicts.

Their bad money is going back into the system for one.
They are still isolated away from the public.
Rather than wasting your money to be kept alive they are putting money back in which ties into my first point.

Personally I'd rather see criminals convicted of the most heinous crimes dead, and them being kept alive wasting money and space is a bit of an insult even if they do get hard labour. So, if they're gonna be there, them coughing up cash doesn't seem that bad.

Controversial opinion perhaps, or maybe severe lack of faith in the justice systems...but there you go.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Jul 2017, 3:18 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
Personally I'd rather see criminals convicted of the most heinous crimes dead,

Costs more to kill them.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 4:08 pm

Well let's just give the rich a slap on the wrist.Nothing new about that.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 4:45 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
Personally I'd rather see criminals convicted of the most heinous crimes dead,

Costs more to kill them.

That I didn't know.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 5:22 pm

I haven't been convicted of a crime yet every day I get up and pull weeds,chop brush.Stuff like that.
Why should a criminal get to lay a bed and eat do- nuts while I,a law abiding citizen have to work?
I'm all for prisoners rights,but not a hotel stay.
Put their asses to work hoeing peas,I do it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 7:26 pm

I think that is bullsh*t is what I think.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 7:44 pm

So if you're rich enough you would stay in a better clink?

Yes, you would still be in the pokey. But it wouldn't be a real pokey. It would be .....a hokey pokey!

And that's what it's all about!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 3:07 am

^^^

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 4:05 am

...If you want to do something getting you some county time, maybe you could try what I did for the later part of my 2013-2015 Santa Cruz county time, get caught doing some graffiti!
Not violent or racist or gang-related or obscene - Do what I did, get whimsical, do graffiti relating to Grin And Bear It, a 20th Century comic panel created by George Lichty that I've written about here before that featured the characters Senator Snort and Figby. Write FIGBY ABIDES and SEN. SNORT PORKS AND FRANKS and stuff! I want to get a movement going...:mrgreen: !

OA few months ago, I'd reached the end of my rope with my former psychiatrist and psychologist. They admitted, in so many words, they couldn't help me. Their therapies didn't work, neither did their worthless pills. Being homeless, I told them, "You know what? Why don't I just crash my car into a bank and go to jail? Maybe that'll be my best option. Free roof over my head, free meals, free medical care. Can't beat that."

I see other criminals beat me to the punch though they have to pay. I like the idea but would prefer it for those with non-violent crimes, like robbing banks, writing bad checks, running naked through a Seahawks game, etc.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Judas
Raven
Raven

12 Jul 2017, 6:07 am

Oh you mean get paid in prison?
Here everyone in prisson getts minimum wage from the state. I know minimum wage, its like only 100$ a day, not much to live on, but the meals and wifi are free.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 6:23 am

Judas wrote:
Oh you mean get paid in prison?
Here everyone in prisson getts minimum wage from the state. I know minimum wage, its like only 100$ a day, not much to live on, but the meals and wifi are free.

why can't America be that civilized?