How do I make more producer and DJ friends?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

HenryGramer
Raven
Raven

18 Jun 2017, 9:41 pm

Lately, I've been purging a lot of my friends out my life due to the saying "you are the average of 5 friends in your social circle" and have been purging a couple of friends that I have not seen for more than a year as well as whether or not they are beneficial/helpful for my business. People say that I'm wrong to think about this, I don't care and want to continue down the road of making DJ and producer friends to prevent social errors and bad behaviors when around friends. Basically, I don't want any emotional draining friends and just want friends to hyperfocus on music with.

How do I navigate the friendship market to gain the business friends that I want?

ND score: 131/200
NT score: 58/200

Says I'm Aspie...

Please don't type of paragraphs in response to my questions or replies because that will overwhelm my mind and make me not want to read your responses.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2017, 7:25 pm

Hmmm....well as someone who who was once very into the "rave" culture and DJ music that is a rough social world. Lots of clicks and lots of people who will already know how to play the social game. You have to be interested in for the music and not for the friends you will make because there is people involved that just want to be seen if that makes sense.

The party is the place to be so that is where you are. It's the place to be messed up on alcohol and drugs. Us autistic people do not do well in that world of climbing the social ladder so everyone can see you do it.

But there are also lots of nice people. There is an expression PLUR peace love unity respect. Find some of those people.

Go to a club or festival I suppose and see what music you like and try to talk to people about it. I hung out with a few DJ's back in the day. They smoked lots of weed and did other drugs like lots of musicians who feel it helps creativity. I was fine with that but I don't know how you feel. I am sure lots are sober too.

HenryGramer
Raven
Raven

19 Jun 2017, 11:33 pm

Hello there. It seems like I am doing it for the love of the music. Every time I mention the above things they take me as superficial or get offensive. My intention it to have associates I can also be friends with (some part of the time) since its f*****g difficult to maintain friends. But I'm starting to see cliques and all. Been thinking about getting a group of my friends to do parties as well as label BS.

As for drugs, I mainly do weed since that helps with anxiety.

Anyway, here is my soundcloud. Check me out. Soundcloud.com/harmandvongolddd

ND score: 131/200
NT score: 58/200

Says I'm Aspie...

Please don't type of paragraphs in response to my questions or replies because that will overwhelm my mind and make me not want to read your responses.