Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 3:40 am

Hello,

I am having trouble dealing with a manager at work. I’m going to call her PAM (passive aggressive manager) for short.

The background:

PAM is a passive aggressive/ aggressive manager at my work. She wants things done her way and gets angry if they aren’t followed. She is third in command.

I have been a good employee by keeping my head down and turning up to as many shifts as I can. I am quiet and good with the customers in our store.

The problem:

I am taking annual leave for a friend’s wedding in September. At the time I didn’t know that PAM was also taking annual leave too. My boss said this was difficult but could be done. My annual leave couldn’t be negotiated because said wedding is 4 hours drive away. I have given them 2.5 months’ notice for annual leave and it for a week only. PAM was quietly angry.

PAM has:

Put me on a shift where it has made it impossible to attend a co-workers engagement. Everyone else on that day is working shifts where it possible to attend engagement. (That was the cherry on top of all of this)

Tried to nit-pick what I do at work since I said I was going on annual leave.

Tried to get me in trouble for everything at work.

Put me on inconvenient times for shifts. (PAM is in charge of work roster)

I understand she is trying to get a reaction out of me. I want to talk to my boss about this to see what I can do about PAM. We haven’t gotten along since the beginning but it had remained civil.

I would just like advice or your thoughts on this.

Thanks

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 2:05 pm

Maybe you could have a talk with the 2nd in command (you said PAM was 3rd in command), making sure that PAM doesn't know about it. Especially if you get along with this 2nd in command very well.

Copelandia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jun 2017, 11:01 am

Yeah tell someone higher up and document all the evidence you can.
Stick to the facts!!

Although people do try to argue with facts when they feel like it.

Good luck. x

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 1:55 pm

Ashuahhe wrote:

I have been a good employee by keeping my head down and turning up to as many shifts as I can. I am quiet and good with the customers in our store.

The bolded phrase intrigues me. I'm pretty sure all managers expect their employees to turn up to every shift required, not just the ones they can. Have you discussed this with your manager?