Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

KiannaKitter
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jun 2017, 2:30 pm

So. I paint. Anyway, as a gift for my mom who just turned 60 this month, I decided to give her a painting. Not something bought, something I made because I felt like I owed it to her to do something spectacular. She is the best mom ever and she deserves it. The love is strong with us. So alas....a few months ago I started working on it. :D

It turned out okay and is meant to be a mother/child tribute with a mother holding her baby. :idea:

The end result surprised me though. I have always been into the abstract art since I was a kid. Doing random indistinctable shapes and shadows, just playing with the paint and colors always made me happy and relaxed me even if I wasn't great at it. But this is the first time I really tried to do something that looked like "something" - if you know what I mean? It actually has a motive. :!:

I think either I'm evolving creatively or maybe it was just a random spur of the moment thing because I was so deeply inspired by the love I have for my mom. :heart: It's probably the last option, because I have tried painting since and it's hard getting motivated the same way. I think it turned into a bit of an obsession like many many many other interests before...but I think it was prompted by the deadline and now that it is gone I am back to not taking it seriously. I wonder if any of you have any advice on getting that passion started up again? :?:

Stop wishing you looked like someone else or wishing people liked you as much as they like someone else. It's a waste of time.
Stop trying to get attention from those who hurt you. Stop hating your body, your face, your personality, your quirks - love them.
Without those things you wouldn't be you and why would you want to be someone else? Be confident with who you are. Smile.
And if anyone hates on you because you're happy with yourself then you stick your middle finger in the air and say "Screw it."

My happiness will not depend on others anymore. I'm happy because I love who I am.
I love my flaws, I love my imperfections, they make me ME - and me is pretty amazing.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 3:14 pm

Looks awesome! :D

KiannaKitter

19 Jun 2017, 3:16 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
Looks awesome! :D

Thanks a bunch :heart:

Stop wishing you looked like someone else or wishing people liked you as much as they like someone else. It's a waste of time.
Stop trying to get attention from those who hurt you. Stop hating your body, your face, your personality, your quirks - love them.
Without those things you wouldn't be you and why would you want to be someone else? Be confident with who you are. Smile.
And if anyone hates on you because you're happy with yourself then you stick your middle finger in the air and say "Screw it."

My happiness will not depend on others anymore. I'm happy because I love who I am.
I love my flaws, I love my imperfections, they make me ME - and me is pretty amazing.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 3:20 pm

nice colors.
i wouldn't have seen the whole mother/child motif if you hadn't pointed it out....well, maybe if i stared for a little while longer.

:mrgreen:

materials? i'm guessing acrylics?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

KiannaKitter

19 Jun 2017, 3:39 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
nice colors.
i wouldn't have seen the whole mother/child motif if you hadn't pointed it out....well, maybe if i stared for a little while longer.

:mrgreen:

materials? i'm guessing acrylics?

Thanks :heart: I have always been into strong bright colors and pretty much dislike pastels with a burning passion.

That was the point, I tried to make all of it blend, while still having the motive stand out. It's funny. Some see it right away and some don't see it at all. Like....my mom spotted it the first second and my dad was like "What?" And had to have it pointed out to him. I guess it depends on how your brain perceive details. :idea:

It's mostly acrylics. I made the mistake of mixing it with old oil paints I had left over. It did not blend well and I had to wait forever for it to dry so I could do it over. Acrylics are just better to work with in my opinion and easier to clean too. :wink:

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 4:07 pm

I like it! 8)

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

KiannaKitter

19 Jun 2017, 4:19 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
I like it! 8)

Thank you muchly :heart:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 10:03 pm

Visual arts aren't my specialty, as I'm a writer, but I like it a lot.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Jun 2017, 4:54 am

That is lovely. I really like the overall fetal / cocoon shape and the colours you chose. Not all abstract appeals to me but this one does.

You are very talented.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

KiannaKitter

20 Jun 2017, 9:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Visual arts aren't my specialty, as I'm a writer, but I like it a lot.

Thanks, I appreciate it :heart:

KiannaKitter

20 Jun 2017, 9:57 am

envirozentinel wrote:
That is lovely. I really like the overall fetal / cocoon shape and the colours you chose. Not all abstract appeals to me but this one does.

You are very talented.

Thank you, that means a lot :heart:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Jun 2017, 10:08 am

It reminds me of a stained glass window in some ways.

my blog:

KiannaKitter

20 Jun 2017, 10:13 am

envirozentinel wrote:
It reminds me of a stained glass window in some ways.

Thanks, I will take that as a compliment :heart:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Jun 2017, 10:21 am

It is. I love such windows and a my friend's father, who is a well known South African landscape and abstract artist, used to do stained glass work. He was instrumental in designing the windows for the Provincial Legislature of Free State Province.

my blog:

KiannaKitter

20 Jun 2017, 10:24 am

envirozentinel wrote:
It is. I love such windows and a my friend's father, who is a well known South African landscape and abstract artist, used to do stained glass work. He was instrumental in designing the windows for the Provincial Legislature of Free State Province.

Thats cool. I wish those stained glass windows would get in style again. Now people just replace them when they find them in a house. Such a shame. It gives a house character :?