Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2017, 9:22 pm

This thread is either going to go really well or terribly bad lol.

I am more right leaning myself. I find the left and especially the far left to be going a little overboard with claims and wants and needs. The terms "SJW" and "Snowflakes" are used to describe these types a lot.

I tend to browse that part of twitter where there is a clan of trolls on either side and its interesting to watch to say the least as well as 4chan and reddit and it seems these "snowflakes" get busted on pretty badly. I have to admit its a bit comical at times but I digress.

Which way would you say you lean politically and why?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 9:29 pm

Definitely left. I see the left as the defenders of civil rights for ethnic and sexual minorities, workers rights, and for poor people who are more often than not hung out to dry when it comes to medical care, food, housing, etc.

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2017, 9:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Definitely left. I see the left as the defenders of civil rights for ethnic and sexual minorities, workers rights, and for poor people who are more often than not hung out to dry when it comes to medical care, food, housing, etc.

Fair enough. But dont you think the left can get a little crazy with it at times? Many of the left have posted some crazy things about what they want to see happen to men ( white men in particular) feminists requesting and saying and doing some pretty odd things lately, some on the left are even advocates for pedophilia in some cases....I mean I get the idea...but the execution lately is , to me, just bonkers....idk

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 10:13 pm

XMildpetrichorX wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Fair enough. But dont you think the left can get a little crazy with it at times? Many of the left have posted some crazy things about what they want to see happen to men ( white men in particular) feminists requesting and saying and doing some pretty odd things lately, some on the left are even advocates for pedophilia in some cases....I mean I get the idea...but the execution lately is , to me, just bonkers....idk

I must not be reading what you are, because I'm not seeing any of that. What I see are Alt Right lunatics screaming about how whites are becoming an endangered species, about the browning of America, about how Obama was a Muslim, black Christian radical, Kenyan born, son of a black member of the American communist party (when he isn't Malcolm X's kid), etc. Sure there is a lot of crazy on the far left, but there's a lot more crazy on the far right, by my estimation.

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2017, 11:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
XMildpetrichorX wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I must not be reading what you are, because I'm not seeing any of that. What I see are Alt Right lunatics screaming about how whites are becoming an endangered species, about the browning of America, about how Obama was a Muslim, black Christian radical, Kenyan born, son of a black member of the American communist party (when he isn't Malcolm X's kid), etc. Sure there is a lot of crazy on the far left, but there's a lot more crazy on the far right, by my estimation.

Well of course we wouldn't be reading the same articles, forums, posts, as we clearly lean different ways. I do try to take both sides of an political argument in but I will have to admit that I do pay more attention to the right. There is a difference between left, right, far left and far right. At least we can ( I think) both agree that the farther the lean the crazier it seems....not seems, is. I just wanted to try and rhyme. Lol.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 11:35 pm

XMildpetrichorX wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
XMildpetrichorX wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well of course we wouldn't be reading the same articles, forums, posts, as we clearly lean different ways. I do try to take both sides of an political argument in but I will have to admit that I do pay more attention to the right. There is a difference between left, right, far left and far right. At least we can ( I think) both agree that the farther the lean the crazier it seems....not seems, is. I just wanted to try and rhyme. Lol.

That is correct about the extreme ends of the political spectrum.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 11:47 pm

Conservative.

I favor individual thinking, individual decision-making.

Lefties practice "collectivism".

Collectivists think some central government bureaucrat should decide how you should live.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 11:49 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Conservative.

Collectivists think some central government bureaucrat should decide how you should live.

Conservative myth about liberals; but believe as you like.

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2017, 12:05 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Conservative.

Right? And how well has that been going... :roll:

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2017, 12:08 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Conservative.

Could you explain more of what you mean by "Conservative myth" ?

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 12:26 am

Quote:
Which way would you say you lean politically and why?

It really depends on the issue for me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 1:38 am

XMildpetrichorX wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Conservative.

The notion that liberals are incapable of individual thought, but lemminglike follow the groupthink is the myth of which I speak. Sure, liberals have been guilty at times of putting party loyalty over what's right, but so have conservatives.

XMildpetrichorX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2017, 9:38 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
XMildpetrichorX wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Conservative.

The notion that liberals are incapable of individual thought, but lemminglike follow the groupthink is the myth of which I speak. Sure, liberals have been guilty at times of putting party loyalty over what's right, but so have conservatives.

Fair enough.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 9:51 am

I find some "right-wingers" to be people who harp and complain about things, and who favor a "reactionary" response (such as building a wall to keep out Mexicans). There is a strong tendency towards cynicism. They have a negative view of human nature, and believe that most people are "out to get" each other (hence, the "reactionary" response).

I find some "left-wingers" to be irritating, too. They go overboard with the "political correctness." They think they are the Cat's Meow as far as being "socially conscious" is concerned. This does lead to a form of racism where "left-wingers" automatically assume that "minorities" are victims, and cannot rise out of their "victimhood," so they need the help of the "liberals." This is an extremely condescending view, and is seen as being condescending by the "minorities" in question. Yes, there is racism/discrimination that must be dealt with. But there are also many "minorities" who buck the trend, and seek to be "humans," rather than mere "minority entities." The best way to buck discrimination is to transcend the stereotypes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 9:58 am

XMildpetrichorX wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well if we were to take all the worst people on the right, and groups like neo-nazis(that claim to be a right wing group) I am sure you would find some similar disturbing things about the right. Also I haven't seen any advocacy for pedophilia...so you'd have to post a link or something cause I never heard about that.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 10:02 am

I'm decidedly left-leaning, but with a strong individualist/libertarian streak.