15 Sep 2017, 1:37 pm

^ take care of yourself, lady :skull:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 1:53 pm

If it was not removed for its content, then would someone please restore it. OP keeps calling people names for ignoring his absurd hypothetical, and his posts remain.

It has started to annoy me. Too late for restoration to matter. Removing a post which doesn't violate TOS in order to stop someone from replying in a way that does violate them only emboldens people to abuse the system.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 2:15 pm

Quote:
Question a Mod's decisions, here

Okay, why did you decide to go there for lunch?
:wink:

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 2:24 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
If it was not removed for its content, then would someone please restore it. OP keeps calling people names for ignoring his absurd hypothetical, and his posts remain.

It has started to annoy me. Too late for restoration to matter. Removing a post which doesn't violate TOS in order to stop someone from replying in a way that does violate them only emboldens people to abuse the system.

your post has been restored and now before i get accused again of being biased in your favour, i'll save myself the trouble and oust myself from here.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 7:45 am

Chichikov wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
the mod team has been due for some fresh members for a while now. i know there has been a longstanding taboo on this site against members openly "volunteering" for a mod position, immediately disqualifying themselves in that way

With good reason :)

Douglas Adams wrote:
it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it

I volunteer myself to be a mod :P

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 7:52 am

Booyakasha wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Anyone care to explain how my post was any kind of attack or other than topical?

Due to some academic obligations it's time for me to move my ass from here for a while. The rest is explained in a PM.

Good luck dude :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 8:37 am

It may help to bear in mind that the same people who accuse you of bias have a long record of hateful, irrational biases. Consider the source.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 7:47 pm

It's been three months, to-the-day (and almost to-the-hour)..... Sad.....

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 5:02 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
sly279 wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
"Prostitution is the world's oldest profession."

Nope. The oldest profession is medicine. Prostitution didn't even exist in North America until white people showed up.

So you don’t think all throughout time that there existed women trading sex for money or goods? North America isn’t the world.

EXACTLY!! Don't waste your breath Sly (I should've just told this to myself - LOL); you can't duel an unarmed person. He thinks his purpose on WP (and, maybe in life [LOL]) is to save us from our ignorance, because no one could know anything, but him, because someone told him he was "special"! LOLOLOL

Stop it with the personal attacks, or you'll be taking a 30-day vacation.

Hmmm, I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a, seemingly, emotional response to a post like mine----usually, a Mod will just step-in and say, something like: “Attacking someone is against the rules”, and that’s that.

I was just wondering if DarthMetaKnight has ever been publicly chided / thusly-threatened for any of HIS posts, cuz…..

Aghogday

"Stop using your autism as a crutch like a loser."

…and, in the same post: "you are deliberately trying to waste space and piss us off with your trollish posting style. In other words, you are officially worse than the people who use autism as a crutch to get out of work.

Attack my humanity? Boo hoo. Cry me a goddamn river. You sound like an SJW Tumblrette when you whine like that. Have you no dignity? If you are 57 then perhaps you should start acting like a goddamn adult."

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 5#p7871855

Daniel89

- "Once again, you are spewing pseudo-intellectual nonsense."
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 3#p7843433

"Stop being an idiot. You're acting like a drooling idiot at this point. I thought this site was supposed to be for people who are intelligent but socially awkward. ...if you use your brain and stop being a moron ...Stop being dumb on purpose."
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 0#p7869060

"more BS"
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 8#p7869088

"This tsunami of political diarrhea never ends. :roll: "
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 0#p7869150

"Take your neo-Malthusian attitude and shove it."
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 4#p7869294

Darmok

"Absolutely pathetic"
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 0#p7638380

EzraS

"If you're going to spew pure wind, you might as well say nothing at all."
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=359626&p=7805831#p7805831

Kokopelli

"You suck at this. You're just embarrassing yourself."
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 4#p7867754

Pepe

"Don't be so damn smug."
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 9#p7821259

Raptor

"intellectually lazy"
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 7#p7844147

Insinuates that Raptor is someone who thinks reading is for faģģots
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 6#p7881046

"adolescent, nihilistic comedian"
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 8#p7788868

Sly279

"misanthropic grouch"
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 1#p7835271

"Simple ignorance is no longer an excuse. You are being deliberately deceitful at this point. Stop repeating this lie that I have refuted countless times."
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 7#p7867387

"When you have infinite free time, there is no excuse for intellectual laziness.", "Do you ever proofread your posts before clicking submit? ...I get annoyed when English is bastardized this frequently."
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 0#p7867510

And it has been going-on, seemingly unchecked, for as long as he's been here:

Hanotaux 12 Oct 2010, 2:16 pm

"Quit being a moron."
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 9#p3110189

…..Enquiring minds want to know! (Note: This is a very, VERY short / incomplete list!)

Your obsession with DMK non-withstanding, if you see something that breaks the rules, report it.

I'm getting tired of people not reporting things, and then whining that the mods don't do anything.

XFilesGeek wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Your obsession with DMK non-withstanding, if you see something that breaks the rules, report it.

LOL You tell us to report things, and then when someone does, you say they have an obsession! Why would anybody be encouraged to report someone’s post(s), when their report is treated so disrespectfully?

XFilesGeek wrote:
I'm getting tired of people not reporting things, and then whining that the mods don't do anything.

Well, like I said, that list is NOWHERE NEAR exhaustive, and something tells me that if I had reported each of those posts, as they occurred, I would’ve been told to stop whining about DMK----I mean, look it, I only made ONE report, and was told I had an obsession!

Also, those of us who don’t have a close personal relationship with the Report Button (in regard to personal attacks on us), are that way because we think THAT’S whining!!

As I have said, before, it seems that at least some of the Mods just absolutely sit on the Refresh Button, on the “Active Discussions” page----and, as I’ve said before, I think that’s very efficient----so, what *I* wanna know, is if they’re sitting on the button that catches a post like mine, that started this conversation, why aren’t they ALSO catching the posts like those that I just reported? THAT’S what makes the Mods look like they’re showing favoritism.

We caught your post because someone reported it.

And you appear "obsessed" because not many people take the time needed to compile long lists of another person's misdeeds.

And yes, we appear biased. The Left thinks we're biased in favor of the Right, and the Right thinks we're biased in favor of the Left. That's never going to change. Furthermore, if you have further issues with the mods, kindly take it the WP Discussion forum, and stop derailing this thread.

It could. As I've said before, if I were a Mod and someone was making a report every 5 minutes (not literal - and it wouldn't matter if they were reporting someone for attacks on THEMSELVES, or attacks being made on someone else), I would begin to wonder about the person doing the reporting. For example, if someone makes 10 reports on 10 different people, I would think that that person is either a MAJOR whiner, or that they're someone who is trying to direct the Mods' actions (which I've also said, before [that I thought someone was doing that]), and I would tell them to get over themselves, and quit bein' a tattle-tale----and THAT, IMO, could change the atmosphere.

I can definitely see how someone (Mod or user) could think the situation is Right vs. Left (I have thought that, myself, on occasions), but, IMO, it's not. When I have considered the WHOLE picture, I realized that there have been a couple of "conservative-type" people who have been constant whiners about the Left----and all the other "conservative-types", are NOT----and there are several, who are seemingly on the Left, who have been whiners, about the Right (and the rest who are NOT); so, it seems the actual groups are whiners vs. non-whiners, and I wish people were NOT being judged by others (Mods and users), strictly based-on their ASSUMED (or professed) political affiliations (meaning, for instance, I can totally imagine reports comin-in to you guys, saying, things like: "He's only doing that cuz he's a Republican/Conservative [or Democrat/Liberal], and he knows I'm not").

I mean, look it..... Ezra has been RUTHLESSLY attacked for being on the Right, and he's not even old-enough to VOTE!! Dox, Jacoby, Raptor, Sly, and myself (I'm sure there are others, but I can't remember who-all, right now) have all been accused-of being on the Right, and, ironically, only ONE of us has said that we are (Raptor [he has posted this, himself - I'm not telling anybody's private business]); but, as I say, it falls on deaf ears, because hearing us would stop the game, and they don't want that. (The "game", IMO, is, quite simply, attacking people who don't agree with them - one of whom, IMO, is DMK [he has even POSTED that he messes / will mess with people. He said he got rid of Raptor {I don't have time to find the post, right now, but lots of people saw it, like Ezra} and he told the_phoenix: "Has the right moved beyond that crap?

If so, that's nice ... but I won't let you forget about your ugly past."
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 0#p7646630 ].)

So, my question is: When do we get a 30-day vacation from DMK?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 8:42 pm

I wonder how much content actually matters. I got rage, and own it, but I feel like I have an excellent content/trollery ratio. Other posters habitually troll at a low level, but post almost no content.

Does the content/trollery ratio matter?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 May 2018, 4:51 am

DarthMetaKnight was banned for a month late last year.

I didn't click on all of those links, but I clicked on most and tried to get at least one aimed at each user. I saw one that was from before his ban. There were a couple which were essentially fair comment on a user's conduct in a conversation (dishonesty, intellectually lazy). There were several which went beyond that into trying to attack a user's character, personality, or disability generally, seemingly more occupied with making the user feel bad than refuting anything they say (this, incidentally, is where I would place CC's comment). There are a few which didn't even seem to try and connect to the conversation at hand and were just totally unrelated personal attacks.

Altogether I'd say that at least 50% of the linked comments deserved action. Unfortunately, none of them were reported or seen by a moderator. Please report comments like this.

This establishes an ongoing pattern of behaviour which we can keep a close eye out for, so thanks for compiling.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 10:32 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Altogether I'd say that at least 50% of the linked comments deserved action. Unfortunately, none of them were reported or seen by a moderator. Please report comments like this.

Would it help to assign mods to specific sub-forums, so that they can each keep track of the posts in that section? That might prevent comments from being missed.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 5:58 pm

Don't think any of us will be volunteering for L & D or PPR exclusively any time soon. It would be unworkable, as some forums generate more unwarranted nastiness toward mods than others, it would be a recipe for burnout. The mod team works as a team, and we have lives, take holidays, need breaks to refresh ourselves. In your system a single mod would more of less have to provide continual 24 hour coverage to keep the trolls out and that would be completely unworkable. We donate our time and effort, we choose to do that willingly, however our donation of time and attention has to be consistently balanced with our own needs too. Also I think better decisions also stem from a team approach because different members contribute different strengths, so we can look at a complex issue from a variety of perspectives before reaching a consensus.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 6:39 pm

Well, on the forum I moderate, we are allowed to take breaks and have someone cover our forums while we're okay. And we do work as a team to make and discuss disciplinary decisions, we just have our own forums that we read over to check that they are civil and that there are no rule breaks. That's with a larger mod team, though. I don't know how well it would work on this site. I certainly don't want you guys to get burned out.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 11:50 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
I mean, look it..... Ezra has been RUTHLESSLY attacked for being on the Right, and he's not even old-enough to VOTE!! Dox, Jacoby, Raptor, Sly, and myself (I'm sure there are others, but I can't remember who-all, right now) have all been accused-of being on the Right, and, ironically, only ONE of us has said that we are (Raptor [he has posted this, himself - I'm not telling anybody's private business]); but, as I say, it falls on deaf ears, because hearing us would stop the game, and they don't want that. (The "game", IMO, is, quite simply, attacking people who don't agree with them - one of whom, IMO, is DMK [he has even POSTED that he messes / will mess with people. He said he got rid of Raptor {I don't have time to find the post, right now, but lots of people saw it, like Ezra} and he told the_phoenix: "Has the right moved beyond that crap?

If so, that's nice ... but I won't let you forget about your ugly past."
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 0#p7646630 ].)

So, my question is: When do we get a 30-day vacation from DMK?[/b][/color]

Dmk has outright declared that he's been on a crusade to drive off those with political views he doesn't approve of. I have to stay out of areas he dominates because my aggravation towards him has gotten me in trouble.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 7:51 pm

B19 wrote:
Don't think any of us will be volunteering for L & D or PPR exclusively any time soon. It would be unworkable, as some forums generate more unwarranted nastiness toward mods than others, it would be a recipe for burnout. The mod team works as a team, and we have lives, take holidays, need breaks to refresh ourselves. In your system a single mod would more of less have to provide continual 24 hour coverage to keep the trolls out and that would be completely unworkable. We donate our time and effort, we choose to do that willingly, however our donation of time and attention has to be consistently balanced with our own needs too. Also I think better decisions also stem from a team approach because different members contribute different strengths, so we can look at a complex issue from a variety of perspectives before reaching a consensus.

Exactly.

If people want moderator action, then they need to start utilizing the proper channels. We, as mods, don't have the ability to read every single thread looking for wrong-doing.

I work Mon-Wed. I don't have time to address petty complaints. The lesson: if you want mod action, then follow the rules.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)