Ever been accused of being lazy or a 'bludger'?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2017, 6:40 am

My mom called me lazy ALOT when I wasn't working. I'm 34 & I only worked about 3 years. I have disabilities besides Aspergers that really limit me with employment & my parents don't understand em too well. They thought I wasn't trying to find a job when I was applying for most any job I thought I might could do. I got good reviews when I was working & management & my supervisors really liked me. My mom also called me lazy when I was in skewl cuz my grades were really bad & I didn't study. My grades were bad cuz of my dyslexia & I didn't learn from studying. I did homework but I needed time to wind down when I got home because skewl really stressed me out & having my mom on my back stressed me out even more. Thankfully I moved in with my girlfriend when I turned 29 so my parents haven't been on my back much. I haven't looked for a job cuz I needed alot of time to adjust & then my girlfriend kinda didn't want me to. She's disabled too & has problems with anxiety & depression along with other things & doesn't like being home alone for more than a couple hours. She thinks there might be a way I could get paid for being her caretaker(I am classified as her life-in-aid for her Section 8 housing voucher) but she's slow at getting around to things cuz of her issues. I do have Social Security Disability thou so I do have some income but I'm really worried about what's going to happen to it soon.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 9:52 pm

My mom called me lazy ALOT when I wasn't working. I'm 34 & I only worked about 3 years. I have disabilities besides Aspergers that really limit me with employment & my parents don't understand em too well. They thought I wasn't trying to find a job when I was applying for most any job I thought I might could do. I got good reviews when I was working & management & my supervisors really liked me. My mom also called me lazy when I was in skewl cuz my grades were really bad & I didn't study. My grades were bad cuz of my dyslexia & I didn't learn from studying. I did homework but I needed time to wind down when I got home because skewl really stressed me out & having my mom on my back stressed me out even more. Thankfully I moved in with my girlfriend when I turned 29 so my parents haven't been on my back much. I haven't looked for a job cuz I needed alot of time to adjust & then my girlfriend kinda didn't want me to. She's disabled too & has problems with anxiety & depression along with other things & doesn't like being home alone for more than a couple hours. She thinks there might be a way I could get paid for being her caretaker(I am classified as her life-in-aid for her Section 8 housing voucher) but she's slow at getting around to things cuz of her issues. I do have Social Security Disability thou so I do have some income but I'm really worried about what's going to happen to it soon.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

at UCSD, I wasted 6 years getting a BA. and it was just cognitive science. a social science. not an STEM subject. not a graduate degree. 2.19 gpa out of 4.0. and 2.0 was the minimum to graduate. just like you, my precious lil "dad" had the nerve to tell me that I was "lazy", b/c my gpa was so low. to apply for a Teaching Credential at CSUEB and SFSU it requires a 2.67gpa. for ROTC it requires a 2.5. grad schools require above both of them. unless, of course, it's open enrollment.

when I was working, the bosses had the nerve to fire my worthless corpse. at most, I got two good job references. all the rest are bad.

and I ain't got no girlfriend or boyfriend.

or maybe I am just too lazy to get one.

sometimes feel like. what's the use? everything feels so stupid and useless.

thus justifying being lazy.

it's like, whatever you do, what's the lasting impact?

and if there is a lasting impact, then what?

seriously though. quite frankly, thus far, already failed at a wide variety of things. failed profoundly, intensely.

"beyond repair".

unfixable

cannot be fixed

"too far gone"

so why bother?

sometimes it seems that not many things I do have any effect whatsoever.

nearmint
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2017, 8:38 pm

Someone telling me that i would be lazy makes me feel incredibly wounded, hurt and really really really bad. It is a feeling I would wish for no other person ever.