Page 6 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 8:44 pm

imhere wrote:
Red Alert! The anonymity of this forum allows one to just say anything. I'm realizing now that if there were any chance he was reading this, and he would absolutely know this was about him and I'm me from what I've said, I would just about kill over. lol This would totally overload him. What are the odds? lol Livin' on the edge here. Flirtin' with disaster. Buwhaaahaaahaaa

imhere
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jul 2017, 8:50 pm

imhere
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jul 2017, 8:51 pm

Aaron Rhodes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2017, 9:22 pm

Anngables wrote:
My advice would be to ask him if he would like to meet up? Maybe suggest a venue and time. Aspies often don't get the vague hints. Ask him straight with details of plans and I think you will get a straight answer. In my situation this has worked when I have thought he was withdrawing. . .. usually he was just busy with other stuff so wouldn't think to initiate a meeting but was more than happy to agree when I did the planning. Hope that helps. And maybe don't weigh it down with the emotional stuff. Just 2 friends meeting up.

For me, my anxiety makes it difficult to initiate conversations or meetings with others, so having the other party plan out a meeting is normally all that I can hope for. Another issue that I have is that I don't know if someone already has plans or how busy they are, and I have bad luck with asking about or planning a meeting at the wrong time.

imhere wrote:
imhere wrote:
I see something extraordinary in him and I know there's a whole world hidden inside that head of his that I'd like to be a part of. I've seen it leak out on specific occasions and I'm drawn to it. He's an amazing human being. This sounds so ridiculous and pathetic when I read it back to myself. Therefore, clearly I'm in love with him. And I don't think he's ready for that, regardless of how he actually feels.

For the Aspies reading, would the above terrify or intrigue you? I know we are all individuals and would react in our own ways, but I'm curious about your perspective.

If he isn't ready yet and if you really care for him, all you can do is give it time. It can take a lot for me to work up the courage to open up to people, and all I can do is just go at my own pace. Maybe it's the same case with your friend.

imhere
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jul 2017, 11:17 pm

I hear you Aaron. I know that's all probably the case with my friend too. I wish there was something I could do to make him more comfortable. I think he might have anxiety like you describe, and I wish I were able to help him to see that he doesn't have to worry to the extreme. I wish he could see himself the way I see him. If he did, or if he only at least understood how I see him, he wouldn't have to be so guarded. I see his many strengths and talents and I see some vulnerabilities but those are all the constituent parts that make up the amazing multifaceted person that he is. We're all human and we all have what we consider our own weaknesses. Sometimes what we consider weaknesses, though, are hidden strengths or just part of our character and charm, and those things are not always negatives--in fact, they are not really weaknesses at all but just who we are. I admire and respect him so much that if he realized what that means, he might not be so afraid to be open about what he is thinking--whichever way that goes. I know that's easy for someone like me to say. I know it's not nearly that easy from the other side though.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 1:02 am

Loner269 wrote:
Am I the only one who can't understand over half of cberg's posts?

Cberg certainly has a unique way of expressing himself. Perhaps it is time to try a new method of decryption. I personally enjoy Cbergs input.

imhere
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jul 2017, 1:11 am

So I've made my joke. But one day maybe he WILL find this forum and see this post. Maybe he'll see the turmoil over his actions (or lack of actions) that I've experienced that are expressed here, but that does not begin to touch the torment I've gone through. However, it does not appear it would make a difference, as he is already aware of all of it. I've shared my inner-most self in the form of my thoughts and emotions, given him the very essence of who I am. In return? Nothing. He has not even acknowledged the things I've shared, let alone reciprocate or even begin to tell me how he feels about what I've shared or about how he feels. Communications either go unanswered or are returned with short empty comments. I get it!! It's the Asperger's!! I get it!! However, I have acknowledged that he is not typical, but he cannot or will not acknowledge that I am. I have value too. I have needs too. One of the only things he has ever said that he appreciates about me is my willingness to say or admit when I don't know something. This is absolutely true of me, as I feel there's no shame in not knowing everything. But there is also another part of me that absolutely knows when I DO know something and especially when I know I am right about something. Today, that something is that I know there is a connection and something special between us. I know this with every ounce of breath in me. I feel it from my own heart but I also see that it's there in him too--and I see it and know that it's there even if he does not. I am not wrong about this. He is an extraordinary man and I will always think that of him and that will never ever change. I love him and I will always love him and that will never change. In reality the relationship is completely one-sided and desired by me alone. That, too, will probably never change. The relationship I truly want with him, the one I know we could share, only exists in my own mind and heart. That will also never change; I've been holding on to a fantasy. It's not just a missed opportunity. It's a discarded miracle.

I love you, friend. Live long and prosper.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 1:44 am

This here girl is not typical everybody.

Go remind her.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 2:02 am

cberg wrote:
Britte wrote:
*deleted post | redundant

:oops:

So basically the issue is that we do that same thing in real life. I'm in the habit just recently of simply saying everything, when things are repeated differently we understand differently.

So true. And, actually, in the time since writing that, I have been going in the same direction as you have. Thank you for more poignant words of wisdom, though! I admire the way your mind works, if you dont mind me saying so...

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 2:17 am

blackicmenace wrote:
cberg wrote:
Britte wrote:
*deleted post | redundant

:oops:

So basically the issue is that we do that same thing in real life. I'm in the habit just recently of simply saying everything, when things are repeated differently we understand differently.

I too am guilty of being redundant and repeating myself. :oops:

...but, your posts are always full of compassion and food for thought, therfore, more like gifts that keep on giving, as opposed to redundancy, in my humble opinion...

Anngables
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 5:16 pm

I often think if my friend read my posts he would know it's about him . . . . .but meh so be it. I continue to have no idea what he feels for me. 50% of the time I think he really cares and is just crap at showing it .. . . 50% of the time I think he doesn't give a toss.

I read posts on here and remain confused. . . . On one hand peeps say it's normal for aspies to withdraw, to not initiate contact and to change from initial special interest,level of intense interaction to sporadic interaction . .. . . And on the other hand peeps say that if they were into you they would need to retain the level of contact. . .. . . .

For tonight I give up . .

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 5:32 pm

Thank you for those kind words Britte! /end loop