Austrailan Nationalist calls for segregating Autistic kids

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 8:23 am

cyberdad wrote:

Pepe wrote:
Once again, I am not a Pauline supporter...
I am a supporter of the truth...

One Nation isn't exactly renowned for being the oracle of truth

<chuckle>
You misunderstood me...
I should have expressed myself better...

I wasn't suggesting Pauline was the oracle of the truth...
I am saying I am... :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 7:53 pm

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Pepe wrote:
Once again, I am not a Pauline supporter...
I am a supporter of the truth...

One Nation isn't exactly renowned for being the oracle of truth

<chuckle>
You misunderstood me...
I should have expressed myself better...

I wasn't suggesting Pauline was the oracle of the truth...
I am saying I am... :mrgreen:

fair enough :)

namesalltaken
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jul 2017, 2:24 am

Pepe wrote:

You said:"she is also highly unrefined/uncouth and espouses prejudice against a number of different vulnerable groups who she lumps into "one size fits all" categories."...
I agree she is rough around the edges...
I would like to point out that some of these "vulnerable groups" have an inordinate amount of political power to the point of political correctness stifling free speech...

What!? Hansen gets free publicity, her words are also repeated across practically all media, that's not exactly censorship. She even called for the ABC to be de-funded because they said something she didn't like. Who is censoring whom exactly?

Pepe wrote:
You said:"She is simply espousing fringe right wing values and has a simplistic view that one can solve national problems by blaming minority groups for getting too many benefits at the expense of (what she thinks are) real aussies..."
Could you name some?

Isolationist nationalism, industrial protectionist, "small government", suspicion and demonization of any "outgroup", aversion to any markers of cultural, linguistic, ethnic or political diversity (or deviation from the acceptable), supports imposition by statute of a certain "social order"...

Pepe wrote:
Are you aware that in many places across the world, if you don't comply to sovereign edicts, you are lawfully persecuted?
I have no problem with Australia being egalitarian, but if our generosity is being abused, that is hardly acceptable...surely...

Abused by what? Are you aware that freedom of speech is not a right in Australia, and you can be taken to court and sued for defamation?

Pepe wrote:
Are you aware that 80 cents in every tax payer dollar here in Australia is spent on some form of welfare...
...while the number of those who pay tax, by proportion of the population, is dwindling?

Demonstrably false, that figue is about 30% of federal revenues, but it's an even lower portion of spending, since we are running a substantial deficit (i.e. total federal spending exceeds 100% of revenue) State and local governments spend even less of their budget on welfare.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/factcheck/20 ... ll/6822840

Pepe wrote:
Don't believe everything you read/hear in the media...

Take your own advice some time.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 8:20 am

namesalltaken wrote:
Pepe wrote:

You said:"she is also highly unrefined/uncouth and espouses prejudice against a number of different vulnerable groups who she lumps into "one size fits all" categories."...
I agree she is rough around the edges...
I would like to point out that some of these "vulnerable groups" have an inordinate amount of political power to the point of political correctness stifling free speech...

What!? Hansen gets free publicity, her words are also repeated across practically all media, that's not exactly censorship. She even called for the ABC to be de-funded because they said something she didn't like. Who is censoring whom exactly?

Pepe wrote:
You said:"She is simply espousing fringe right wing values and has a simplistic view that one can solve national problems by blaming minority groups for getting too many benefits at the expense of (what she thinks are) real aussies..."
Could you name some?

Isolationist nationalism, industrial protectionist, "small government", suspicion and demonization of any "outgroup", aversion to any markers of cultural, linguistic, ethnic or political diversity (or deviation from the acceptable), supports imposition by statute of a certain "social order"...

Pepe wrote:
Are you aware that in many places across the world, if you don't comply to sovereign edicts, you are lawfully persecuted?
I have no problem with Australia being egalitarian, but if our generosity is being abused, that is hardly acceptable...surely...

Abused by what? Are you aware that freedom of speech is not a right in Australia, and you can be taken to court and sued for defamation?

Pepe wrote:
Are you aware that 80 cents in every tax payer dollar here in Australia is spent on some form of welfare...
...while the number of those who pay tax, by proportion of the population, is dwindling?

Demonstrably false, that figue is about 30% of federal revenues, but it's an even lower portion of spending, since we are running a substantial deficit (i.e. total federal spending exceeds 100% of revenue) State and local governments spend even less of their budget on welfare.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/factcheck/20 ... ll/6822840

Pepe wrote:
Don't believe everything you read/hear in the media...

Take your own advice some time.

You obviously have a problem with me/my-posts...<chuckle>
This thread is about: "Austrailian Nationalist calls for segregating Autistic kids"... ;)
Copy and paste the above in a new thread in an appropriate forum and I will continue the conversation there...
Leave a link to the new thread after my post here...
Or if you prefer, we could take it into private mail...<shrug>

B19
Veteran
Veteran

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 2:53 am

B19 wrote:
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/pauline-hanson-meet-my-autistic-daughter-20170621-gww1xs.html

Hanson will still take this good news story and twist it so that the cost of "mainstreaming" involves sacrificing the education of NT children

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 10:16 am

B19 wrote:
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/pauline-hanson-meet-my-autistic-daughter-20170621-gww1xs.html

Not just the parents
'I am intelligent and have lots to contribute': Autistic girl's heartfelt letter to Pauline Hanson

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

B19
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 9:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
B19 wrote:

Hanson will still take this good news story and twist it so that the cost of "mainstreaming" involves sacrificing the education of NT children

She has always seemed to me to be a particularly mean-spirited person.

PS [If I had to choose who I would be marooned on a desert island with, and the choices were either Farage or Hanson (neither of whom I would want to share oxygen with anywhere at anytime), it would be an easy choice - Farage. Off topic postscript, sorry].

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 10:42 pm

B19 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
B19 wrote:

She has always seemed to me to be a particularly mean-spirited person.

She is also factually incorrect. She claims other NT children are forced to look after the Autistic kids during classtime. If the child is needs attention they will have funding for a teachers aide. The other children are very rarely going to have their own studies interrupted. In my daughter's classroom the kids fall over each other to volunteer time with her. Not once in her 7 years of primary school did a child loose study time.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 6:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
She claims other NT children are forced to look after the Autistic kids during classtime.
Some of the NT kids I new in primary school would be more likely to bully autistic kids than look after them.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 6:48 pm

The profoundly autistic kids already have their own schools. Whether a kid needs to be in a different school should be decided by a doctor on an individual basis.

Like most other politicians, Pauline Handsome likes to make blanket statements about large groups of people.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 7:10 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Like most other politicians, Pauline Handsome likes to make blanket statements about large groups of people.

The problem with Hanson is she makes simplistic generalisations that constantly divide society along communal lines and people use her comments to feed their own confirmation bias about minorities - drawn therefore to her political party based on "shared" dislike of certain people rather than an aspiration to build the country