Australian Conservative Senator Attacks Kids with Autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 6:34 am

Speaking in support of the federal government's Australian Education Amendment Bill 2017 in the Senate today, Senator Hanson said the government needed to go "back to the basics" in the classroom.

She was concerned teachers were being forced to spend too much time with children with disabilities, particularly those on the autism spectrum.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/0 ... Qcz6vwq.99

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 8:33 am

Well from my experience when I was in mainstream school the teachers only looked after the children who were more advanced, I went to a special school and the ones who couldn't read or write were looked after.
Those of us that were in between were sort of neglected sadly.
I was no good at maths and went and did a Numeracy course as I never got any help before.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 8:26 pm

Back to the basics means people raise their own kids, without a Communist bureaucracy.

I like Australia, Australians, and the free market. Does conservative mean fiscally conservative?

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 9:34 pm

Hanson is a (unfortunately popular) throwback to the 1950s. She spends a disproportionate time blaming muslims, gays, Asians and migrants for all Australia's economic and social problems.

Her attention is turning on another vulnerable group which is Autistic kids in mainstream schools. I understand teachers are under pressure but Hanson is too ignorant to know that most of these kids have aides which means they actually put a minimum load on the teachers when they have one autistic kid in their class.

Hanson's focus on kids with autism as contributing to lowering education standards is a cheap shot that has nothing to do with real world changes happening with learning where everything is shifting online

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 9:37 pm

SpiceWolf wrote:
http://www.theshovel.com.au/2017/06/22/autistic-kids-fear-stupid-senators-holding-normal-senators-back/

:lol:

LOL!:)