SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 11:25 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
XenoMind wrote:
graywyvern wrote:
they would act the same toward space aliens if space aliens ever landed--but at least they could tell the space aliens apart.

I always thought that it's hilarious that 99.9% aliens from science fiction are so much similar to a "neurotypical human". I mean, in their behavior. More than we autists :?.

I don't normaly come in here , but just wanted to read what the Troll was dishing out.

It's funny that you think science fiction aliens are similar to NT humans , I see them being similar to the media stereotype Aspie ( e.g. logical , no empathy , misunderstanding social rules )

I am pretty sure there are lots and lots of different types of science fiction aliens....that certainly does not describe them all. I mean just star trek alone has various different aliens some certainly have more empathy, aren't so logical and all of them misunderstand each others social rules more or less as they have different cultures and such.

I did reply to you earlier but something must have happened. I am only basing my opinion on my limited knowledge of ASD and the way I remember how I felt about alien characters

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 11:30 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Nah my sci-fi extends past Star Trek but if we stay with it and off the top of my head the characters I identified with were 7 of 9 , Odo , Worf and Data ( I know he's not technically an alien )

I have no idea who those guys are, didn't really watch Startrek. But I can easily name quite a few aliens who are very human-like in behavior despite being completely alien in appearance: Yoda, E.T., Wall-E, etc, etc.
Hell, even the Predator - he behaves in the same way as many people do, and he even laughs. :D

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 4:50 am

XenoMind wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Nah my sci-fi extends past Star Trek but if we stay with it and off the top of my head the characters I identified with were 7 of 9 , Odo , Worf and Data ( I know he's not technically an alien )

I have no idea who those guys are, didn't really watch Startrek. But I can easily name quite a few aliens who are very human-like in behavior despite being completely alien in appearance: Yoda, E.T., Wall-E, etc, etc.
Hell, even the Predator - he behaves in the same way as many people do, and he even laughs. :D

Maybe I cherry pick or focus in on one thing.

Yoda - Strange prosody he doth have
Wall-E - Mutism
E.T. - Echolalia - "E.T E.T E.T E.T. E.T"
Predator - Echolalia "Over here"

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 10:29 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Wall-E - Mutism

Well, they are aliens after all. But their behavior in other aspects is perfectly NT.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 11:27 am

XenoMind wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Wall-E - Mutism

Well, they are aliens after all. But their behavior in other aspects is perfectly NT.

I'll have to agree with you for now until I watch those films again and do a proper armchair diagnosis of them

Jesus Sperg
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jul 2017, 6:30 pm

But we already have rights?

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 10:56 am

Jesus Sperg wrote:

Theoretically.

August
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jul 2017, 8:28 am

Jesus Sperg wrote:

The condition of the people with Spectrum is like the condition of African Americans after the civil war. Sure we have "rights" but that's not enough. When you have a society of hypocrite bigots who will judge you for being autistic then "rights" are useless. The entire mindset of NT on people with Autism Spectrum or non NT must change.

plainjain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2017, 10:15 am

Hi, Grammar Geek.

Maybe you are a Disability Rights Activist.

https://www.adl.org/education/resources ... s-movement

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 11:34 am

August wrote:
Jesus Sperg wrote:

The condition of the people with Spectrum is like the condition of African Americans after the civil war. Sure we have "rights" but that's not enough. When you have a society of hypocrite bigots who will judge you for being autistic then "rights" are useless. The entire mindset of NT on people with Autism Spectrum or non NT must change.

Get a grip. On a history book. No one is lynching aspies. There are no special laws enforced against us.

I find your comparison disgusting.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 3:07 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
August wrote:
Jesus Sperg wrote:

Get a grip. On a history book. No one is lynching aspies. There are no special laws enforced against us.

There is individual acts of violence against autistics and filicide against us too often excused. But unlike after civil war against blacks, there is no organized violence supported by governments.

The First KKK
Quote:
The Klan primarily performed heinous crimes against African Americans, especially those running for office in the South. In addition, many white Republicans and sympathizers were also targets of Klan violence. It is estimated that the KKK performed over 3500 racially-motivated lynchings in the South between 1865 and 1900. Furthermore, white Republicans who sympathized with African Americans, decried as “carpetbaggers” and “scalawags,” were frequently attacked.
Democrats relied on the Klan to secure election victories, as Klansmen oftentimes threatened or killed competing Republican candidates. Many southern Republicans actually abandoned their campaigns due to the inability to hold meetings and attract voters while living in constant fear.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 5:06 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
No one is lynching aspies.

Wrong. There is a lot of violence against us.
jrjones9933 wrote:
There are no special laws enforced against us.

Wrong. For instance, Canada's immigration law bans immigration of autists and their family members.

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 9:42 pm

Wow, I was unaware of the immigration laws. I had to look that up. That just makes me even angrier.

Carinthium
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2017, 8:31 am

Does anyone know of any good disability rights organisations on this issue? I'm an autistic living in Melbourne. I'd like to volunteer for activism, but I don't know where to find it.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 8:56 pm

Canada does not ban aspies. They don't want any immigrants with excessively expensive medical conditions. It's not ASD discrimination.

Individual acts of violence don't compare to the terrorism practiced by the KKK. Lose the hysteria.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 9:47 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
August wrote:
Jesus Sperg wrote:

I think you are just ass hurt and being whiny no one is giving in to your white guilt and SJW mentality. If you were hoping I'd start thinking like you, too f*****g bad.

Conservatives think I am a "ret*d" and I have "hamburger syndrome" (I've actually been called this) and "assburgers" while liberals think I am a redneck despite how I hate them just as much as SJWs.