White students forced to apologize for being white...

Page 2 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 8:56 am

AspieUtah wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Are they friggin' nuts?

I would never apologize for being a cis-male who is white.

In many ways, I am not privileged.

In my life and experience, I've never hard anybody say that a white person should apologize for being white. This kind of stuff has just got to stop!

I have written elsewhere on WrongPlanet.net that I was cleaning public toilets at and beyond 15 years of age. Does that give me a life-time pass from "apologizing" and obsessing about my whitie-white, whiteness? This "teacher" scum needs to be made into an example for others who think this is, in any way, American. F**king idiots. If they want to live in totalitarian regimes like, say, Dennis Rodman, let them fly to North Korea for tea. They'll never get out of there, of course, but they will learn to love their dear leader.

Seriously, between the BABA JI s**tstorms and the SJW wannabes, I am near to the point of jumping this ship.

Is THIS what WrongPlanet.net was created, designed and hoped for all those years ago?!?

calm the f**k down...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Jun 2017, 9:10 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
get your kids out of the public school system ASAP

Or change how public schools are set up, as in make them better.

You are but one person, if you have a kid then I think it's best that you don't try any grand social experiments on them and yourself be the primary educator of your child which isn't as daunting as a task as some people make it out to be. I honestly wish I never went to school, I don't think it taught me anything good that I wouldn't of learned somewhere else. People aren't going to be drooling idiots if they don't spend 8 hours a day 5 days week at school, I think that along with the grading system are an outdated oppressive model. We do education so wrong in this country that I think nothing short of revolutionary change could really fix things.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 9:15 am

I would say, in inner-city Milwaukee, the educational system sucks---for various reasons. In the suburbs of Milwaukee, though, kids are thriving in the public schools--for various reasons. Much of which are economic and social.

I wish we could incorporate some ideas of the British in our educational system.

I am a product of our educational system. It wasn't ideal for me. I almost got thrown out of school a few times. But, frequently, "alternative methods," especially in a place with a large population, just do not work.

It's a bummer that Phoenix has been over 115 degrees for like 4 days. I'm sure, at least, that you have air-conditioning.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2017, 10:03 am

Jacoby wrote:
I honestly wish I never went to school, I don't think it taught me anything good that I wouldn't of learned somewhere else.

Apparently.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 10:13 am

cyberdad wrote:
The intention behind apologising is not to humiliate those who apologise but to acknowledge the wrongs done whether aboriginals in Australia or African Americans. I think this hardly merits the indignation or lingering resentment which (I suspect) would have still been there as prejudice regardless of the kiddies were asked to apologise or not

Then, if one MUST, have them say: "I acknowledge that bad things have been done to you"----but, NOT apologize!! Why should I have to apologize for ANYTHING that I, personally, haven't done----and, the black people who feel they deserve an apology, are wanting an apology for slavery; and, I didn't have anything to do with that----and, THEY didn't have that done to them. When does it end? If you lived a 150 years, you would NEVER get me to feel sorry, for black people, ONLY because they were black!! If you see me push an elderly black lady, down, in the street----then, by-all-means, punish me----but, I'm not gonna apologize for something I didn't have anything to do with!!

What this despicable teacher did, was nothing more than taking an opportunity to put white people down / punish white people, so she could finally get her digs, in, and to feel better about herself!! It's not MY (or their) responsibility to have to / try to make anybody feel better, about themselves----they have to find that, within!!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 10:16 am

cyberdad wrote:
Umm according to the transcript they were apologizing for receiving white privilege rather than being white Having said that the teacher was perhaps overeaching her jurisdiction

Why should anybody have to apologize for receiving white privilege, unless they ASKED for special privileges----it's RIDICULOUS!! There are white people who have better domiciles, than I do----by your logic, I should be asking for an apology from them, because I don't have what they do.

Some black people are extremely hard on their own kind----for instance, when a black person succeeds (ie, in show business, goes to college, is able to buy a house / car)----and, IMO, they are hard on them, because when ANY of them succeed, they (the ones being hard) know it makes it that much more difficult for somebody to believe them, when they're cryin' "Oh, woe is me----I don't have...", or "I can't have...", or "I can't do, cuz the white man keeps holdin' me down". Black people have EVERY opportunity in this country, that white people do----and, if you don't believe that, then tell me how there could've been an Oprah, Tyler Perry, Chris Rock; or, inventors Benjamin Banneker, Patricia Bath, Sarah Boone; or, scientists like Neil DeGrasse Tyson; and, the list goes on-and-on.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 10:23 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
I have written elsewhere on WrongPlanet.net that I was cleaning public toilets at and beyond 15 years of age. Does that give me a life-time pass from "apologizing" and obsessing about my whitie-white, whiteness? This "teacher" scum needs to be made into an example for others who think this is, in any way, American. F**king idiots. If they want to live in totalitarian regimes like, say, Dennis Rodman, let them fly to North Korea for tea. They'll never get out of there, of course, but they will learn to love their dear leader.

Seriously, between the BABA JI s**tstorms and the SJW wannabes, I am near to the point of jumping this ship.

Is THIS what WrongPlanet.net was created, designed and hoped for all those years ago?!?

calm the f**k down...

Don't tell him to calm-down----how do YOU like it, when it breaks your heart, when somebody does something you feel is an atrocity, to somebody else; do you not, often, start threads, expressing that exact same thing (that somebody has been done, wrong)? It never ceases to amaze how some passionate people, on here, won't allow for someone ELSE'S passion, but expect it, for THEMSELVES.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Jun 2017, 10:48 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would say, in inner-city Milwaukee, the educational system sucks---for various reasons. In the suburbs of Milwaukee, though, kids are thriving in the public schools--for various reasons. Much of which are economic and social.

I wish we could incorporate some ideas of the British in our educational system.

I am a product of our educational system. It wasn't ideal for me. I almost got thrown out of school a few times. But, frequently, "alternative methods," especially in a place with a large population, just do not work.

It's a bummer that Phoenix has been over 115 degrees for like 4 days. I'm sure, at least, that you have air-conditioning.

Observant post. I could honestly write a book about with all my thoughts about education, race relations, substance abuse, poverty, and government in Milwaukee as those are things i reflect upon a lot. I do feel I need to move on just for the simple fact that I am so far removed from it and I also think distance makes the heart grow fonder but it's hard to let go. I hope knowing where I came from helps you understand where I am coming on a lot of my views.

I just stay inside mostly when it's this hot, I do the same when it's nice out too. :|

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 10:51 am

Even if we disagree politically, Jacoby's still my "comrade-in-arms." We both want what's good. The difference lies in the methodology and the ideology.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 11:05 am

Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
get your kids out of the public school system ASAP

Or change how public schools are set up, as in make them better.

You are but one person, if you have a kid then I think it's best that you don't try any grand social experiments on them and yourself be the primary educator of your child which isn't as daunting as a task as some people make it out to be. I honestly wish I never went to school, I don't think it taught me anything good that I wouldn't of learned somewhere else. People aren't going to be drooling idiots if they don't spend 8 hours a day 5 days week at school, I think that along with the grading system are an outdated oppressive model. We do education so wrong in this country that I think nothing short of revolutionary change could really fix things.

My daughter has been in two different school districts in her life time, and I can attest, the second one has been far better at providing her with a special education. That said, neither had ever pulled a stunt like the school in question had. I think such things are rare in any school system.

razzio
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jun 2017, 11:14 am

where I come from theres white people who are poor and asian. theres no such thing has this.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 11:50 am

If I had children and they had a "teacher" saying stuff like that, I'd remove them from that school in a heartbeat. It's bullying, plain and simple. I hope the teachers get fired and are never allowed to "teach" again anywhere else.

It's so idiotic how many people with left leaning views think all white people walk in lockstep. I can tell you as a white person (I do have some Native American ancestry) that anyone who thinks all white people are hugging and kissing each other really needs a reality check.
Where I live, in the "glorious" Bible Belt, if you are a white person but don't call yourself "Christian" (As in Southern Baptist), white Christians will hate you the most. You will be seen as someone without morals, a potential serial killer in waiting, and women will consider you unworthy of dating them; I even knew one who was open to pre-marital sex but only if the man called himself "Christian". How f****d up is that? Heavy metal musicians are predominantly white but who hates them the most? White Christians, that's who. Wicca is a predominantly white religion but if you are a Wiccan living in the Bible Belt, you might just lose your life to an angry redneck. Why isn't "white privelege" protecting those people?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 12:58 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I could honestly write a book with all my thoughts about education, race relations, substance abuse, poverty, and government... ...as those are things i reflect upon a lot.

Yep, me too----that's why I feel it's so important for you and I, and others, to continue to post our different experiences, so that people can see that there's another side, to the coin.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 3:45 pm

SH90 wrote:
EDEN, N.C. – White privilege training in the Rockingham County school system is causing a lot of headaches.
Superintendent Rodney Shotwell told Rockingham Now the state threatened to withhold federal funding when a disproportionate number of minority students were suspended in a special exceptional children’s program in 2012 and 2013, so district leaders implemented mandatory “equity training” for school staff.

Now, some teachers are complaining that the training materials focused on white privilege and transgender issues violate their principles, while parents are speaking out about other teachers who are taking what they learned and imposing it on students.

At a May 8 school board meeting, parent Farran Wilkinson took to the podium to out one educator who recently forced white students to apologize to black students for their white privileges, according to the American Lens.

The Lens reportedly contacted parents in the school district and identified the teacher as sixth grade English teacher Tarsha Clark.
“American Lens was told by one parent that the incident was more specific than Wilkinson stated,” the news site reports.“According to that parent, Clarke forced her white students to stand in front of the class and apologize to the minority students for their ‘white privilege.’”

More: http://eagnews.org/parents-teachers-slam-nc-school-districts-mandatory-white-privilege-training/

If this actually happened, it would be outrageous. But it didn't. This is fake news and you are all fools.

eagnews.org is anti-public ed propaganda written by a Glenn Beck ghost writer and politifact only has a single rating for the site, but it is "pants on fire."
http://eagnews.org/about/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities ... ion-group/

Nice try... :roll:

you people are too easy.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 4:48 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
...you people are too easy.

Not at all. What any fakery shows is that we care about such actions regardless of whether they are real or faked. In this way, our truths persevered, if not the facts. What it shows is that, apart from any fakers, our beliefs remained steadfast in this or similar situations. I can't see this in any other way but good. Cheer for our "stupidity" if you choose, but we remain correct about how humans should treat each other.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)