Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ward Smith
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jun 2017, 9:20 am

Hello all,

I was curious if anyone has stumbled across this term? A couple of years back I came across it, and it happened to be a perfect fit for me in the realm of religion and spirituality. After obsessive research it fit very much the same way alcoholism, indigo, and now Asperger's did. I have gone into nearly everything on the web that I could find and have tracked it's blossoming over the years. I have found other like minded individuals that help to propel this forward and was just curious about any thoughts or questions regarding this topic. You can find a link to the only book written on it in my profile. I guess technically it's two books, but it's a compilation of sorts...an ongoing bible, if you prefer....

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 7:46 am

Out of curiosity, how would you distinguish Omnism from Unitarianism?

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 9:42 am

Yes, modern Unitarianism is very Omnistic. And in a different way the Bahia faith also has very Omnistic ideas (as I understand it).

Ward Smith
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jun 2017, 5:17 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Yes, modern Unitarianism is very Omnistic. And in a different way the Bahia faith also has very Omnistic ideas (as I understand it).

Correct. In my opinion, however, Omnism is something that remains more fluid, as there are really no rigid beliefs, or anything of the ilk. It's more of an attempt at unison without regard to wholly accepting any doctrine that has either been tinkered with, or suggests damnation if you don't apply your life to "said rules of yore".