Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 9:52 pm

I'll clearly state my meaning then. I can't believe these ads have gone on so long. While I'm open to the possibility, I have a hard time believing that mobile redirections are so difficult to avoid for site owners. There. Direct.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 9:53 pm

Lol that's great! I need a sarcasm and rhetorical question detector or something! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 2:58 am

I think I was the first person to begin experiencing this and I've consulted with a number of IT security experts on this. After running every anti-virus, anti-malware and anti-root kit program I could, deleting and re-installing all of my web browsers, resetting my router, changing my IP, and talking to my ISP, another person with the same problem elsewhere has concluded that this redirect is due to a script embedded in an ad that comes up on the website, and I think s/he is correct. I've also heard this echoed by the administrator of another website who's users were having the same problem.

There is a thread on the issue here

Redirects

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 12:49 pm

Chronos you are likely correct. Another IT guy here.

Questions:

How many are you Iphone users?

How many are you using mobile safari?

Please state your platform and browser.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 1:16 pm

I'm on an iPad on Safari when this happens.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 5:47 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Chronos you are likely correct. Another IT guy here.

Questions:

How many are you Iphone users?

How many are you using mobile safari?

Please state your platform and browser.

The redirects are independent of platform and browser. They happen on PC's, Macs, and phones and with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 5:51 pm

It just happened again. My advice is to disable advertisements until the offending ad is determined. Unfortunately the redirects happen too fast or when the ad is not in view for me to determine which one is causing it on my end.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 6:07 pm

It's happening for me again as well. I've cleared my Internet history so many times, and I'm sick of signing back into everything. It only happens on this website, but I don't know why.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 6:09 pm

It's really a pain in the tuchus!