Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jun 2017, 1:03 pm

Pretty much the title. Whenever I visit the site on my phone, I frequently get redirected to a spam page telling me I have a virus or have won a $1000 gift card. I then usually have to close the tab or restart Chrome, as going back either just doesn't work, or takes me to yet another fake page. It's very frustrating.

Anyone else get this?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 1:13 pm

Yes. I'm apparently a winner.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 1:21 pm

Alex is aware, but he initially passed it off as user error (your device is infected)... I hope it is removed immediately and should have never been put in place.

alex wrote:
We're working on eliminating the spam.

As far as popups are concerned, are you sure your computer isn't infected with malware or something? The site doesn't serve popups.

alex wrote:
Corny wrote:
My main broswer I use is Safari on my phone. And it works fine besides pop ups that say you $1000 Amazon Gift Card or a iPhone 7 Plus.

are you talking about interstitials?

alex wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep....that $1,000 thing pops up on my phone, and on my tablet. It replaces WrongPlanet. It's a real pain in the tushey. How do you get rid of that?

Saying this, I go on WrongPlanet because I like to talk to people with whom I identify.

I also like to try to help people when I am capable; it makes me feel good (yes, selfish, but that's the way it is).

I can get rid of those.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=347399&p=7583773#p7583773

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 10:57 am

I just got a popup, but it seems like a normal ad. I doubt BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) meets the requirements of scammers.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 5:32 pm

SH90 wrote:
Alex is aware, but he initially passed it off as user error (your device is infected)... I hope it is removed immediately and should have never been put in place.

alex wrote:
We're working on eliminating the spam.

As far as popups are concerned, are you sure your computer isn't infected with malware or something? The site doesn't serve popups.

Saying this, I go on WrongPlanet because I like to talk to people with whom I identify.

I also like to try to help people when I am capable; it makes me feel good (yes, selfish, but that's the way it is).

The redirection is something I always got, and which bugged my broswers SEO so much it wouldn't even load past all the encrypted pages. Apparently this has nothing to do with the apparent sites SSL, but seeing as Origin.com shares its IP with the site, it can have unpermitted user access elsewhere too if you don't specifically alter your browser settings, so you're not being tracked. Clearing caches only works if someone wants to clear it, who's in charge, and thats my belief.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 6:22 am

The gift card redirect is back. Congratulations!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 1:44 am

It's happening every minute now and only on wp. Every other thread I open or reply to redirects me to it and I can't even hit go back, I have to go to wp find the thread again and try again. :cry:

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 6:51 pm

This has CONSTANTLY been happening to me the last couple days. Even trying to get on this thread. I get redirected to some weird "YOU'VE WON!! !" Site. Ugh.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 7:00 pm

I had to switch computers because of this- it's the most annoying thing ever!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:01 am

Yes,constantly.SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.! !! !

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 9:11 pm

Has anything gotten better for anyone here? I have found I can use my other computer for about 10 minutes before being redirected a lot.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 8:16 pm

Better here,hasn't happened in the last week.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 8:24 pm

I downloaded a mobile ad blocker to avoid these. It's only with WP, no other sites. It's a disgrace. Lots of sites have ads, how do they all manage to avoid the redirection when WP doesn't?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 9:36 pm

DataB4 wrote:
I downloaded a mobile ad blocker to avoid these. It's only with WP, no other sites. It's a disgrace. Lots of sites have ads, how do they all manage to avoid the redirection when WP doesn't?

I'm not sure! It's so annoying because I will be typing something and it will come up and delete everything I had just typed!

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 9:44 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
DataB4 wrote:

I'm not sure! It's so annoying because I will be typing something and it will come up and delete everything I had just typed!

My question was a rhetorical one... Unless there really is a legitimate answer.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 9:46 pm

DataB4 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
DataB4 wrote:

My question was a rhetorical one... Unless there really is a legitimate answer.

Haha you can't use rhetorical questions around this aspie! They go right over my head and I try to reply :roll: :D . Maybe there is some legitimate answer!