Something I am now realizing...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Shrevedude
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jun 2017, 2:39 pm

One thing I feel is still an issue with me is that I feel like a person, definitely in my younger days, who just has been prone to, at times, doing the wrong things at the wrong time in a relationship, or even when I was trying to get a relationship. Back in my youth, when a mistake was pointed out, either by a woman I was talking to, or someone else, I could never come up with an explanation as to why I did it. Today, in an era where I have allowed very little of that to happen, I find myself on this forum trying to use my past mistakes, when something is brought up I can relate to, as an example to try and help give a perspective on what they can do to change their situation. However, I find myself a lot of times saying that our Asperger's illness is the culprit, though I try, at least at times, to sound like it is possible to make change in our life. However, I just don't feel like I'm always the best advice giver, especially at a time like this.

I feel like I'm making better choices in life now, but I feel I still could very well have a long way to go. I can't beat myself up over the mistakes I made in my last relationship, but at the same time, as of now, I feel like I'm not taking enough responsibility now for the mistakes I made then, coming on here and blaming, in some posts, my mistakes on my illness, or one of the medications I was on not doing as much help, which was my fault I didn't do something about that early on.

imhere
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jun 2017, 8:33 pm

Your insight is helpful.

imhere
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jul 2017, 3:40 am

If I can ask, what kinds of mistakes were you making?