When internet ads with sound come on suddenly.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 9:59 pm

I just hate it when internet popup ads with sound suddenly come on. One just popped up recently. My speaker volume was on pretty loud so it came on loud and it hurt my ears.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jun 2017, 6:34 am

That's the main reason I started using AdBlocker. I used to get them on this forum before I started using AB.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 8:27 am

yup, dislike that immensely also, or when someone makes a video that differs in sound from the previous in volume, can actually feel the hairs in my ears bristle like rubbing your finger through a hair brush and feels like brain just got an electric shock.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 10:15 am

That's a giant pain in the butt! I hate when I'm reading an article about one of my favorite tennis players and some stupid pop up ad starts playing. I hate the annoying voices of the people doing the ads.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 1:33 pm

It's bad also because it eats into your gigs, which if you have portable wifi, can be a problem. I find even noiseless ads annoying. I don't like being interrupted while reading an article. They always wait until you're absorbed in the article too, before popping up. It all adds to my stressometer. :evil: