Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 10:02 pm

i'm reminded of the sage words of Eleanor Roosevelt who said "great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." I strive to keep that in mind.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 10:08 pm

i'm reminded of the sage words of Eleanor Roosevelt who said "great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." I strive to keep that in mind.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

yes the business instructor quoted that statement.

but of course, you have to. interact with precious lil "people".

you have to be practical.

you have to fit in. sooner or later. in some way shape or form. more or less. something like that.

not everyone has a "great mind". not everyone has to have a great mind.

great minds are not morally superior to small minds.

and sometimes it serves a function to discuss precious lil "people".

seriously

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 10:14 pm

Quote:
precious lil "people".

Pesky Hobbits and their dances.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 2:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I have found that people like to talk about themselves, so I just let them do the talking.

That doesn't help with shy people though. I do seem to come across a lot of quiet types who I have trouble drawing out. Also you can't just go up to someone say hello and get them to talk. Even if I say how have you been or what's new with you people don't have much to say. Maybe it's Brittish culture. I don't know.

I must admit I know nothing of British culture, but I've heard of British reserve. have you thought about visiting my side of the pond?

I've got a couple of British friends who tell me they love America because people are less reserved. They take a trip over once year.

I should save up and go for a visit.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 11:34 am

hurtloam wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I have found that people like to talk about themselves, so I just let them do the talking.

That doesn't help with shy people though. I do seem to come across a lot of quiet types who I have trouble drawing out. Also you can't just go up to someone say hello and get them to talk. Even if I say how have you been or what's new with you people don't have much to say. Maybe it's Brittish culture. I don't know.

I must admit I know nothing of British culture, but I've heard of British reserve. have you thought about visiting my side of the pond?

I've got a couple of British friends who tell me they love America because people are less reserved. They take a trip over once year. I should save up and go for a visit.

something tells me the exchange rate will become more favorable for you all over here, soon.

sos72
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2017, 8:46 pm

auntblabby wrote:
if you can ask and answer questions, you have what it takes to converse after a fashion. you just have to have acceptable questions and answers.

that made me L O L... i just don't know if it was meant to be a joke :roll: