Yup. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Uh-huh. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Indeed. 8) 100%  100%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 7

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 9:44 pm

Question about Mars: he seems pretty straightforward, despite being somewhat of an outlaw. In other games I played, you can roll dice based on your character traits to do things that might take a combination of luck and skill/talent. Guinan would have to be pretty good at reading people, but Mars might be pretty good at subterfuge or otherwise hiding his intent.

So, would Guinan pick up on anything at this point?

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 9:53 pm

Uhh, I guess so? She probably would've noticed something by now. Kiki is about as dense as a brick, so they wouldn't really notice anything. :lol:

(Although Lilli is actually a homeless kid who has been surviving on their own for several months, so they would probably be sharper at reading people. 8O )

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 3:19 am

DataB4 wrote:
Question about Mars: he seems pretty straightforward, despite being somewhat of an outlaw. In other games I played, you can roll dice based on your character traits to do things that might take a combination of luck and skill/talent. Guinan would have to be pretty good at reading people, but Mars might be pretty good at subterfuge or otherwise hiding his intent.

So, would Guinan pick up on anything at this point?

I don't currently have plans for Mars hiding something but considering the details are vague as to why and how he ended up on a Solar Alliance gunship headed for another universe it's likely that I'll cone up with something he is hiding. I guess she might pick up that is very good at lying.

Speaking of Mars, I have done a bit more planning for him. One of his biggest weaknesses is that he is reckless and impulsive, he often jumps into things without a plan and hopes for the best in contrast to Mike who plans everything very carefully and gets nervous quite easily.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 10:22 am

My new characters can't seem to decide whether there are two of them or three of them!

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 10:42 am

Is there going to be a war between our characters and Team Eon, if your planning on it? I've been thinking about it for quite a while. :|

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 3:21 pm

A war? Not a war, I don't think, but a storming the base type thing, and also battling them at certain points, like you do in the games.

I think our goal would be to try and stop them before they can go through with their plan.

If they manage to invade Graphea, then yes, it will be a full-out war between the people of Graphea and us, versus the forces of Team Eon. 8O

...Taking place on Graphea, of course. :mrgreen:

...But let's face it, that would be epic. 8)

Last edited by Lillikoi on 01 Jul 2017, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 4:07 pm

^So...stopping them as quickly as possible is a definite priority...

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 4:54 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
If they manage to invade Graphea, then yes, it will be a full-out war between the people of Graphea and us, versus the forces of Team Eon. 8O

Agreed. Half the reason I am trying to get the guys in orbit to help out Team Eon is because then it would become more of a technology vs magic war which would be very epic. Wizards destroying armed battle droids being deployed by space ships, it's like something strait out of Star Wars.

Deviant Art

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 8:57 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
A war? Not a war, I don't think, but a storming the base type thing, and also battling them at certain points, like you do in the games.

I think our goal would be to try and stop them before they can go through with their plan.

Well, I asked because the time period where Kimmy, Lucy, and their Celebi (I hope they still exist, even though Miss Midnightstar isn't around much, anymore) came from a time period where everything is dictated by Team Eon, and if we want our characters to have a bright future, instead of a jacked-up bootstrap paradox, then indeed we need to stop them before they can get away with their plans.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 1:08 pm

My character probably won't participate much in the battle, maybe help out here and there from the sidelines, so to speak.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 9:07 pm

I recently found a YouTube channel called Terrible Writing Advice that basically talks all about what not to do in writing so that you can avoid it, but it does so in a very ironic and satirical way that ends up being very funny and entertaining. I'm not saying that anyone here is necessarily doing any of this stuff but nobody is ever so good that they can never get better and just for the comedic value alone makes it worth checking out in my opinion.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 2:32 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
Agreed. Half the reason I am trying to get the guys in orbit to help out Team Eon is because then it would become more of a technology vs magic war which would be very epic. Wizards destroying armed battle droids being deployed by space ships, it's like something strait out of Star Wars.

Weeeeeelll, not quite. :oops:

Most of the world is mundane, and roughly equivalent to modern-day society. Most of the magic would be found in the environment, like a magic spring that can heal people, or a magical sword, or a tree that magically keeps the forest alive. Most people don't depend on magic to live, and just thrive on ordinary technology.

It's just the environment is really unstable, so things like people randomly getting swallowed up into portals, or the continents suddenly shifting, aren't that unusual.

There are some creatures that have magic, but most don't. There are wizards among humans, but they're pretty uncommon. In fact, magic doesn't even exist in some parts of the world. It seems that it probably has to do with the amount of magic energy in the environment. There's a higher level of magic in the northern half of the planet. That's the only place where humans or animals capable of channeling magic are found. •u•

... Especially in the places where the animals live, they're more like Neolithic people. 8O In that case it would be more like "spaceships vs. slingshots." Think of the Ewoks facing the Stormtroopers in Return of the Jedi.

There's also a group of people (the Guardians) who have powers given to them by the Great Dolphin, and they have access to a magical arsenal of weapons that they're supposed to use to protect the continent. But there's only about five or six of them, two for every continent. One thing that might happen is that the god might create new inventions for them to fight with.

There's a reason Malva would target the planet... because she knows they're weak. It would probably be more like Star Wars, in that a team of weaker people managed to defeat an enemy that it seems they are far out-powered by. :mrgreen:

The weapons that Graphea have would probably be a lot more primitive, like World War II-era. 8O Ya might have to help me in that department, because I haven't really thought about that. ^^;

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 4:19 pm

^That's quite complicated. :o

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 4:24 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^That's quite complicated. :o

Is that a bad thing? I tend to write a lot. :oops:

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 5:05 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
Is that a bad thing? I tend to write a lot. :oops:

It's certainly a lot better then a simple and boring world.

If complexity were a bad thing then it would make my si-fi universe pretty bad since lately I have been working on planning how the return of a previously presumed dead alien race known as the Zaxoids would effect galactic politics and probably cause a Kriptoid civil war. I am planning a war between the two most powerful forces in the galaxy that are both morally ambiguous forcing everyone to pick a side including races like the Mycelions who would have to learn how to fight instead of just run and the Kriptoids who after centuries of peace would be fighting brother against brother, and all this is before shots are even fired by said powerful forces that have technology and resources orders of magnitude better then everybody else.

I could talk about this for ages but I am going to stop myself now before I write an essay.

Deviant Art

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 2:24 pm

Lookie here! I finally drew Irene! :mrgreen: