Yup. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Uh-huh. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Indeed. 8) 100%  100%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 7

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 7:16 pm

I have a surprise for everyone soon, but I need recommendations for random moves used by a Pokemon repeatedly using Metronome throughout the entire battle. Any volunteers?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 7:22 pm

My plans about what the Solar Alliance wants with Graphea is it's magic, they plan on studying it and using what they learn to build new weapons for the war. I imagine that Team Eon would want something similar. Perhaps the evil alternate Mike got to the collapsed wormhole left by Lilli first and is working on opening it, although I know that it is already cannon that the technology exists in the Pokemon universe to open portals so I guess Team Eon would be helping with that. Perhaps they also won't completely fail but instead manage to get just enough magic to power some kind of weapon.

I'm just throwing ideas around here. Do you also want to detail more about how they are organized and stuff?

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 10:10 pm

I have been thinking about it, and Team Eon's first goal might be to take Mike's wormhole device. I have realized that having a portal through which Mike summon just about anything money can buy is kinda' over powered, and that also gives Team Eon a pretty darn good reason to get the thing away from the people trying to stop them. I'm thinking we should have them succeed.

Deviant Art

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 5:42 pm

For the benefit of the new people I will sum up what happened so far in the PRCA:

First thing's first: the characters. Me, Kura, and Lillikoi are playing people from our own fiction universes, Dan and Midnightstar are playing characters from the Pokemon world, and Data is playing characters from Star Trek.

Forgive me if I miss something important, and feel free to add to this summery. I also missed a bit of it, so that's really inevitable.

It all started when in my science fiction universe a wormhole experimenting station called Nexus Station orbiting Jupiter opens up a portal to the Pokemon world letting Michael Watt through, he is the co-CEO of a large influential corporation called MegaWatt Industries. The first person he met was Midnightstar's character Laura who is kinda' a local celebrity for taking down an evil team in the Kalos region. Soon Mike detected a gravitational anomaly caused by Lillikoi's character Lilli coming through a wormhole they made after accidentally reading something from a spell book, and not long after that Q from Star Trek turns Guinan into a young girl and places here in the Pokemon universe with a Pokeball and forces her to be there until she does some task. Kura has had so many characters that have come and gone that I can barely keep track of them, but one of them shows up about now too and also The Doctor makes a cameo. It is learned that all the multiverse travelers ending up there is the result of some plan that Q has, and a few more of Lillikoi's characters come in like Gristle and Ki.

After everyone meets it is eventually discovered that some battle ships are coming to Nexus Station in an attempt to take it over with the help of an orbital shuttle Mike portals in. Everyone portals on over there and by magically turning soldier's weapons into fruit they commandeer an orbital battleship and try to fight a similar battleship with their tiny inexperienced crew. They win with the clever use of ramming and re-purposing Nexus station's space-time breach device to be a cannon, and after narrowly escaping as they enter the atmosphere of Jupiter they return to the Kalos region.

Laura's crush Calem (also played by Mignightstar) admits that he likes Laura and agree to be in a relationship. This is also where Team Eon comes in, a new evil team in the Kalos region that has been experimenting with wormholes. Lillikoi introduces the character Lychee who is a Pokemon trainer and this is about when some time travel comes into it too. A second portal opens up out of which comes a second Mike from an alternate version of my universe, after spending some time with the original Mike he goes back only to end up portaling a large orbital battleship into the orbit of the Pokemon world as he turns out to be kinda' evil. Gristle returns back to his home planet and they all go to Lychee's birthday party which they were invited to. This is when my character Jason Cornell (who goes by Mars because he is a wanted criminal) comes in, he was born and raised on a Mars colony and stowed away on the orbital battleship where he steals an escape pod and tracks down Mike to warn him that Mike's alternate self is evil. The Pokemon world is the first Earth-like world he has ever been on. Him and Ki also kinda' like each other and have already kissed as Mars stands in the rain for the first time. After that Mars spotted a ship entering the atmosphere that Ki accidentally shot down, and that is where we are now.

It is also known through scenes that our characters didn't witness that the orbital battleship brought by the evil Mike is plotting with Team Eon to invade the planet Graphea, which is the world that most of Lillikoi's characters are from.

Deviant Art

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 6:57 pm

Thank you for explaining things, mikeman. Is it OK if I join in as a Pokemon? If so, someone please let me know when my entrance won't be interrupting anything important :D

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:54 am

I suppose it should be noted that I had planned for the alternate Mike to be in that space plane that was shot down, and I am sticking to that. He will just survive the crash, possibly with injuries.

@dragonsanddemons, sounds good. Are you thinking of a Team Rocket Meowth style talking Pokemon or a telepathic Pokemon to make communication between characters easier? If not I would suggest it. At the moment we are at a part where we are trying to figure out what should happen next, so if you want to join now then go ahead.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 1:19 am

Yeah, it is fine. :) However, if you're gonna be a Pokemon, I don't mean to be nitpicky but there's a couple of things:

a) It can't be a legendary.

b) I'd rather it not talk like a human. However, if you wanna make it communicate through telepathy or writing, that's fine.

Now may not be the best time to join as I'm trying to move onto the next day (in-story,) but once we start the next morning that would be a good time to come in. :mrgreen:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 1:44 am

OK, I was planning on a Bagon that might be able to write if necessary, but otherwise would be just like any other.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 5:38 am

Mikeman, cool flashback scene. :) Lillikoi, I think wrapping up the party is a good idea, except for this crash landing. :lol: Mikeman, I didn't have Guinan react to it, aside from looking out the window, because I didn't know how much our characters could see and hear from inside.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 6:39 am

Also, Lilli is starting to get sick. This is going to develop into a further plot point, where eventually they're going to become bedridden. 8O

However, at this point they aren't going to mention it to anybody because they want to seem that they're fine.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 5:49 am

I'm a bit confused. Are Kiki and Mars back inside with the others, or still outside? Now we have the crashed ship, can the other characters see it? How far is it? Should we have everyone investigate?

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 11:44 am

DataB4 wrote:
I'm a bit confused. Are Kiki and Mars back inside with the others, or still outside? Now we have the crashed ship, can the other characters see it? How far is it? Should we have everyone investigate?

Ki and Mars went inside. As for the crash, the flames coming from the left engine and the exhaust plume coming from the right engine would make it very noticeable especially against a dark sky so everyone would probably notice it. I don't have any plans for them investigating it though.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 1:10 am

Welp, I finally deus ex machina'd
Umbria and Gristle out of there. :D The whole day has been wrapped up in three posts.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 1:46 am

I'm waiting until people are outside to join in. It would be a bit weird for a random Pokemon to show up indoors :)

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 5:45 am

I was hoping that as we slowed down the game, characters would either come back or wrap up their storylines. But Midnightstar and all her characters seem to be awol, plus Dan and Rose, Umbria, and Gristle. What should we do about them?

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 1:15 pm

I already got rid of Umbria and Gristle leave because they didn't really have any purpose to be there, but they'll be coming back when our characters visit Graphea to stop the invasion. Dan is gone, and I'm pretty sure Midnightstar isn't coming back. I don't know how to get rid of their characters "gracefully" except by saying they left.

If you'd like to, you or someone else could take over for Dan and Rose. But I'm afraid I don't have the time to do that. :(

Sorry about the slowdown in pace. As school started, I am finding that I am running out of time to write. I'm afraid it will probably be like that from now on. :( Most likely the only time I can be active in the RP is on weekends. But I will let you know if I'm going to be gone for an extended period of time.