Yup. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Uh-huh. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Indeed. 8) 100%  100%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 7

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 1:15 pm

I already got rid of Umbria and Gristle leave because they didn't really have any purpose to be there, but they'll be coming back when our characters visit Graphea to stop the invasion. Dan is gone, and I'm pretty sure Midnightstar isn't coming back. I don't know how to get rid of their characters "gracefully" except by saying they left.

If you'd like to, you or someone else could take over for Dan and Rose. But I'm afraid I don't have the time to do that. :(

Sorry about the slowdown in pace. As school started, I am finding that I am running out of time to write. I'm afraid it will probably be like that from now on. :( Most likely the only time I can be active in the RP is on weekends. But I will let you know if I'm going to be gone for an extended period of time.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 2:03 pm

I don't remember doing a scene to get rid of Umbria and Gristle. Makes sense that they're back home for now though.

It's tough without Midnightstar because all the characters were originally staying in Laura's hideout. I have an idea to get rid of their characters for now though: have them called away to some special tournament of champions or something. And maybe Q has something to do with the separation if needed.

The other issue is that I'm not a Pokemon fan. I learned what I know from watching some episodes and reading the Pokemon DB. So I might make lots of mistakes if I take over for Dan and Rose. I could try though. Actually we could all play Dan and Rose as NPCs the way we've played Q. Same goes for Emma if you want her around. Except I can't play Emma because I don't know her background.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 11:13 am

I'm actually planning on having March's past self come in in a little bit, and I was wondering if I could have him run into Luke and alternate Mike? :?:

But before I do that, I have to have Lilli finish answering Mike's question. What Lilli's gonna say is really cool, just a little bit of exposition about their world and the history of their species. 8)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 12:19 am

I'm still around and wanting to participate, if anyone's wondering - there just isn't really anything for Bagon to be doing right now (which is OK, I can wait :) )

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 3:35 pm

[Sorry that I haven't posted anything for so long...I've been trying to create/find/discover a universal character [or two] that I really like and can carry from book to book, and then add to this thread. So far I haven't really been successful. Any suggestions?]
I know I posted this twice, but I thought I'd put it on both threads.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 8:13 pm

Since the absence of about half of our friends doing the roleplay, turning it ancient, I think I'll start my own Pokemon roleplay. Is that alright? :|

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 11:02 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
Since the absence of about half of our friends doing the roleplay, turning it ancient, I think I'll start my own Pokemon roleplay. Is that alright? :|

I'll join, if it's okay if I play as a Pokemon. I was looking forward to joining this one, but it was really slowing down by the time I worked up the courage to ask if that was all right.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 3:38 pm

Very well. That's two down.

Anybody else?

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 5:27 am

Not this time, too much else in my life right now. I liked your ending though. :)

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 5:45 am

^ hello data!
I haven't seen you for a while.
Hope you're doing ok.

(Sorry to intrude on the thread. Will leave now)

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 6:05 am

Hi Raleigh. :) I'm fine, I needed to take a big step back from here. And as has often happened to me when I step away from something I've been really involved with, I was away longer than I realized. As you know from your own adventures, well, stuff just fills in the empty spaces from whatever you step away from.

That's sort of how this RP fell apart. Key players stepped away at key moments and we just couldn't put it back together. I still had notifications set for this thread so I figured I'd see what the buzz was about.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 3:18 pm

Hey, guys, I've just had a thought. In the Pokémon Opal Roleplay, I was thinking about switching Professor Oak with a genuinely new professor, and Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle with the three Pokémon based off of a tiger, wolf, and bear cubs. The tiger cub is going to be a Grass-type, the wolf/coyote cub is going to be a Fire-type, and the bear cub is going to be a water-type. What do you guys think?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 3:22 pm

I think it'd be great!

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 7:08 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
Hey, guys, I've just had a thought. In the Pokémon Opal Roleplay, I was thinking about switching Professor Oak with a genuinely new professor, and Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle with the three Pokémon based off of a tiger, wolf, and bear cubs. The tiger cub is going to be a Grass-type, the wolf/coyote cub is going to be a Fire-type, and the bear cub is going to be a water-type. What do you guys think?

Sounds good to me :)

Also, this is my first time doing any kind of roleplay, and I'm a bit worried about messing things up. I thought it would be easier for me to get a feel for it if I start out playing as a Pokemon - plus the lack of human speech will make things easier if I know essentially what I want to say but not exactly how to put it. I might add a human character later, once I'm more comfortable with things, if that's okay - or I may decide I'd rather just stick with Bagon (or Shelgon/Salamence, if it evolves at some point).

If I do decide to add a human character, I know legendary Pokemon are okay, but what about ultra beasts? I have a particular fondness for Nihilego, and would like my potential human character to have one - but I'm adaptable, they don't have to :)

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 3:56 am

Ooh ooh ooh! Can I join? :D

I actually made a new Pokemon OC and I've been wanting to play as him for a while! (o ^ o)

And also Ki aka KIwa, because they're awesome~

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 1:16 pm

YOU'RE BACK! HOORAY! :mrgreen: :cheers: :cheers: I missed you so much, Lili!