Bernie & wife under investigation for bank fraud

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 3:50 pm

"Sauce for the goose, Mr. Saavik."

Bernie and Jane Sanders, under FBI investigation for bank fraud, hire lawyers

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and his wife, Jane Sanders have hired prominent defense attorneys amid an FBI investigation into a loan Jane Sanders obtained to expand Burlington College while she was its president, CBS News confirms.

Politico Magazine first reported the Sanders had hired lawyers to defend them in the probe. Sanders' top adviser Jeff Weaver told CBS News the couple has sought legal protection over federal agents' allegations from a January 2016 complaint accusing then-President of Burlington College, Ms. Sanders, of distorting donor levels in a 2010 loan application for $10 million from People's United Bank to purchase 33 acres of land for the institution.

According to Politico, prosecutors might also be looking into allegations that Sen. Sanders' office inappropriately urged the bank to approve the loan.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-and- ... e-lawyers/

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 4:12 pm

Of course they hired lawyers. Getting a lawyer when faced with such serious charges is common sense, not an admission of guilt.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 6:19 pm

I don't think it was necessary for Sanders to preempt Christians from public office. He was red in the face -- in favor of Muslims.

In terms of banking practices, and how they are reported, I believe that Sanders is just as much under a presumption of guilt as Trump.

It's not a character reference.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 7:00 pm

Wow! Terrible scandal. Im really glad that our president and his administration isnt under investigation for anything as serious as this, only collusion with a foriegn power against the USA, lying under oath, and obstruction of justice.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 7:13 pm

Perhaps someone missed the "sauce for the goose" part. As in, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Also known as, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

And of course if so many were so desperate to oust Sanders in any way conceivable, those might look like trumped up charges.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:20 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
I don't think it was necessary for Sanders to preempt Christians from public office. He was red in the face -- in favor of Muslims.

In terms of banking practices, and how they are reported, I believe that Sanders is just as much under a presumption of guilt as Trump.

What the hell does that first part have to do with these charges against Sanders?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 10:46 am

friedmacguffins wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:
What the hell does that first part have to do with these charges against Sanders?

Sometimes, people are just playing politics.

Weren't you supposed to be some kind of "Christian"?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:57 am

Could be Hillary's revenge.

The Alannis Morrisette lyrics "Isn't it ironic?" comes to mind.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:05 pm

The reason why I brought Jews, Christians, and Muslims into this, is to say that I have formed my opinion, irrespective of race and religion.

If you want to pose any banking activity in a bad light, I am sure it is, for some reason, illegal, whether or not it was done in good faith.

I am not a pro-Bernie ideologue, because, if anything, he is a race traitor, and betraying the one religion which supports Israel, unconditionally.

It doesn't make him a money launderer, per se. I think people are using specious reasoning, to sabotage him, whether or not I like him as a person. (No.)

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:11 pm

I supported Bernie in the primaries. Yet, this needs to be investigated and if there is malfeasance the full weight of the law needs to be exercised.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 2:35 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
The reason why I brought Jews, Christians, and Muslims into this, is to say that I have formed my opinion, irrespective of race and religion.

If you want to pose any banking activity in a bad light, I am sure it is, for some reason, illegal, whether or not it was done in good faith.

I am not a pro-Bernie ideologue, because, if anything, he is a race traitor, and betraying the one religion which supports Israel, unconditionally.

It doesn't make him a money launderer, per se. I think people are using specious reasoning, to sabotage him, whether or not I like him as a person. (No.)

A race traitor?!?!?! What's with the Stormfront talk?

jcCoolidgejr.
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2017, 2:43 pm

You mean to tell me you can't afford 3 houses on a civil servants salary!? :evil:

jcCoolidgejr.

25 Jun 2017, 2:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Of course they hired lawyers. Getting a lawyer when faced with such serious charges is common sense, not an admission of guilt.

It's sad to see people paying family members for stuff like this.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jun 2017, 7:50 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
he is a race traitor, and betraying the one religion which supports Israel, unconditionally.

Many Jews do not support Israel at all. And, some Christians do support Israel unconditionally. "Race traitor" is Stormfront Troll talk.